Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Did Super Jump always shed Wyvern's enmity?

I always used to use Super Jump when solo if I got in the sh1t and needed to let my Wyvern tank for a little while, but now it seems that post-SJ it has little to no enmity at all. Was this always the case, and it was only able to tank because of the large amount of enmity it was able to build through damage, or has the enmity adjustment messed it up?

I also noticed that pulling Sisyphus with smiting breath still caused him to come after me (I used DB as well for extra damage). I thought that should have been sufficient to have hate on the wyvern >.>
    (3)

Player
    let's just put it this way... outside of actually hitting the mob your wyvern get's no hate not even from smiting or healing

as far as my wyvern shedding hate withme she's always done that for awhile now.. honestly can't remember when it was changed if it was.
    (0)

Character
    Takagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I noticed this as well. I Super Jumped in new SoA area, and the mob was on my wyvern like normal, and I immediately used restoring breath, but for some reason that caused me to take hate. I don't think it has ever done that before, and unfortunately it caused me to die in my HB set, so no twilight :/ ... Anyways, I have been waiting a few seconds for wyvern to build up hate before I use HB since then
    (0)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Remember they changed enmity calculations. Pretty sure that affected pet enmity calculations too.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No the enmity is broken. Please post a like to get ot fixed, not liking can possibly result in this being over looked by DEV.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Player
    Super Climb did not and currently does not shed Wyvern hate. What has changed however is that enmity accrued through damage dealing is about 70% lower than before. Since your Wyvern typically hits for about 20-30% of your damage and has no weapon skills of its own, its enmity will be vastly lower than yours. Breaths are hateless.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Super Climb did not and currently does not shed Wyvern hate. What has changed however is that enmity accrued through damage dealing is about 70% lower than before. Since your Wyvern typically hits for about 20-30% of your damage and has no weapon skills of its own, its enmity will be vastly lower than yours. Breaths are hateless.
    Fighting an Orobon NM for the fishing quest yesterday, it slept us, so when it hit me I used super jump to make it hit my wyvern to wake it too... I was facing away when I jumped so I wouldn't gain any hate when I landed and before it had definately hit my wyvern. However, it hit my wyvern once, and that was enough to make it turn back to me!? That's not right.
    (0)

Player
    Seems normal to me... prior to the update i had to use a Spirit jump or soul jump to bounce hate between me an my wyvern now my wyvern can actually tank fights with me because we hit hate for hate and she can take hits better.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Fighting an Orobon NM for the fishing quest yesterday, it slept us, so when it hit me I used super jump to make it hit my wyvern to wake it too... I was facing away when I jumped so I wouldn't gain any hate when I landed and before it had definately hit my wyvern. However, it hit my wyvern once, and that was enough to make it turn back to me!? That's not right.
    If you think that's bad, try BST. It's hilarious.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    If you think that's bad, try BST. It's hilarious.
    Only lvl 88 BST, but at least with Jug pets you have Snarl... right? Or is that fail now?

Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Seems normal to me... prior to the update i had to use a Spirit jump or soul jump to bounce hate between me an my wyvern now my wyvern can actually tank fights with me because we hit hate for hate and she can take hits better.
    I'm not sure what you're fighting or how you're geared, but my wyvern NEVER hits like-for-like with me, unless maybe on TWTBW mobs, in which case, why would you need your wyvern to help you tank it....?
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 04-12-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast