Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    SE could simply be trying to burn some of that Chocobo Blinker gil out of the economy.

So it maybe a lil while before we see scrolls as drops. Who knows
    (1)

Character
    Mighto
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickm View Post
    The most expensive Roll is 123k.... Geomancer spells above 75 start at around 650k each... Not a fair comparison.
    Thats my point. When NPC is the only way its far to expensive
    (0)

www.vanaorzea-tribune.de

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I read on the wiki that it is possible the shops are dependent on the different coalitions for trade and their prices may be affected by the attributed coalition rank. As such, it may be possible for the price to drop as Coalition ranks rise.
    (4)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphy View Post
    SE could simply be trying to burn some of that Chocobo Blinker gil out of the economy.

So it maybe a lil while before we see scrolls as drops. Who knows
    ...?

Really? You realize we're at a point where you can solo dynamis, farm currency, and AFK for days to come back to millions of gil, right? Between that, selling KI's for Abyssea (anyone building an empy weapon mercs more than they farm, there just aren't enough hours in the day for farming that shit yourself.), merc'ing brews, and actual players who run FC parties -- plenty of people are rolling in so much gil that the blinker scenario was an irrelevancy to them. Frankly I wish I had known about it.. >_> Could have used that gil to merc my thaumas...
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Mighto
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The only difference is that Dynamis Currency, Selling Popitems and so on only circulates Gil. Chocobo Blinkers created Gil.
    (2)

www.vanaorzea-tribune.de

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    Based on the Asura AH prices for scrolls the estimated cost to be a fully learned SCH99/RDM49 is 5,603,032 Million (give or take a couple of 10k's)

WHM and BLM would be higher, considering things like Ancient Magic and such.

I'd say that extra 3 million by comparison is an appropriate early adoption tax. I know I had to pay extra for my SCH spells and my PUP attachments when they were new. Fun fact -- there are already alternative methods to get your spells, you just don't know what they are yet because, news flash, the Expansion has only been out for a week.

If you didn't notice, the Colonization Reive system unlocks new areas as you progress through it. New areas means new enemies -- we haven't even seen any of the new Beastmen yet as far as I know. Once we cut through to those enemies, I can guarantee you that there will be ways to get every spell on the list.

Right now, however, just like with every other Mage/Additional item dependent job you're paying extra to get everything early --- that's your decision. If you want to get them an alternative way, you're going to have to wait until we find them.

Hell, the wikis don't even list the NPCs we already know have spells yet -- how would you expect people to already know where to find them as drops?

Is this the first time you guys are around for a new expansion...? Hell no -- you should not get all of your spells for 2 million gil -- not when a SCH/WHM/RDM/BLM have to pay more than double and often triple that WITH REDUCED AH PRICES.
    your comparison is flawed in the way that: WHM and BLM scrolls can be all obtained by farming specific mobs, or questing them.
    where as GEO: has to buy the scroll to even get the Geo___-spell from a Geomantic Reservoir.

I have hunted the new Beastmans for 2 hours +, they dont drop any GEO-spell-scrolls whatsoever

the comparision to COR rolls is justified but the price difference is HUGELY different, i remember the most expensiv roll being like 200k, whereas the last 8 or 10 GEO scrolls are 400k+ upwards?

So yeah SE either needs to make those expensiv spells drop off from mobs, or cut the price down by around 50% or more
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    ...?

Really? You realize we're at a point where you can solo dynamis, farm currency, and AFK for days to come back to millions of gil, right? Between that, selling KI's for Abyssea (anyone building an empy weapon mercs more than they farm, there just aren't enough hours in the day for farming that shit yourself.), merc'ing brews, and actual players who run FC parties -- plenty of people are rolling in so much gil that the blinker scenario was an irrelevancy to them. Frankly I wish I had known about it.. >_> Could have used that gil to merc my thaumas...
    What Mighto said...

Blinkers made gil outta thin air, and buying scrolls from an npc takes that gil out of circulation.

Your examples have to do with gil already in circulation and it doesnt remove it from circulation.
    (3)

Character
    Umisith
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    In BG someone posted some pics of Skirmish:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5667107
    (2)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I'd prefer something alittle bit more thematic. Much like acquiring GEO, I'd rather go to a ??? and pop and appropriate NM elemental type to kill. Not for all the spells but some of them. The drop would include a geo-scroll

Alternatively, an certain % of "knowledge" can be gain during weather effects and/or enviorments. Killing X amont of mobs or buffin X amount of times during storms can unlocking level appropriate spells and spelltypes.

For example, accuracy (is lightening based). During lightening storms...casting "lightening type" spells increase the % rating.

A final alternate method is the "caring method". Feeding a Lupons either crystals, feedwell orbs(synergy items), or the trial items(can't think of them atm)...gains a certain affinity. Think affinity level. Each elemental affinity level can coincide with the level of the spell. Example. a lvl 5 spells require you feed Lupon to affinity level 5.
    As an aside. Affinity level could have an affect on the effect of the lupons spell directly.

just ideas I'll pullling from my butt.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I'd prefer something alittle bit more thematic. Much like acquiring GEO, I'd rather go to a ??? and pop and appropriate NM elemental type to kill. Not for all the spells but some of them. The drop would include a geo-scroll

Alternatively, an certain % of "knowledge" can be gain during weather effects and/or enviorments. Killing X amont of mobs or buffin X amount of times during storms can unlocking level appropriate spells and spelltypes.

For example, accuracy (is lightening based). During lightening storms...casting "lightening type" spells increase the % rating.

A final alternate method is the "caring method". Feeding a Lupons either crystals, feedwell orbs(synergy items), or the trial items(can't think of them atm)...gains a certain affinity. Think affinity level. Each elemental affinity level can coincide with the level of the spell. Example. a lvl 5 spells require you feed Lupon to affinity level 5.
    As an aside. Affinity level could have an affect on the effect of the lupons spell directly.

just ideas I'll pullling from my butt.
    I had imagined stuff like this too. At least they went part of the way with the GEO spells. The acquisition is simpler than what you've suggested, but at least the trips take me to more obscure parts of some zones. And the little skill up opportunity is a cute touch.

I'm glad to see the spells are dropping in Skirmish. imo SE handled this well. People can still obtain the scrolls, or sell them, but without the 5 million price tag that accompanied the BLM 76+ scrolls in their first few months, due to the NPCs providing caps. I wouldn't complain if the NPC prices came down, but overall this seems fine to me.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast