Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nickm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Alternative methods to obtain Geomancer scrolls.

Considering the only method to obtain these scrolls are from three vendors in Western Adoulin(appears so at least), the prices are outrageous. 8,121,163 is the total cost of all the spells. Another means to obtain these spells, or a drastic reduction in price is greatly needed.
    (13)

Player
    A simple fix is to reduce the price of all the spells by 75% it would lower the total price to around 2million, and for future spells they should drop off monsters since no geomancer spell drops off of monsters.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickm View Post
    Considering the only method to obtain these scrolls are from three vendors in Western Adoulin(appears so at least), the prices are outrageous. 8,121,163 is the total cost of all the spells. Another means to obtain these spells, or a drastic reduction in price is greatly needed.
    Based on the Asura AH prices for scrolls the estimated cost to be a fully learned SCH99/RDM49 is 5,603,032 Million (give or take a couple of 10k's)

WHM and BLM would be higher, considering things like Ancient Magic and such.

I'd say that extra 3 million by comparison is an appropriate early adoption tax. I know I had to pay extra for my SCH spells and my PUP attachments when they were new. Fun fact -- there are already alternative methods to get your spells, you just don't know what they are yet because, news flash, the Expansion has only been out for a week.

If you didn't notice, the Colonization Reive system unlocks new areas as you progress through it. New areas means new enemies -- we haven't even seen any of the new Beastmen yet as far as I know. Once we cut through to those enemies, I can guarantee you that there will be ways to get every spell on the list.

Right now, however, just like with every other Mage/Additional item dependent job you're paying extra to get everything early --- that's your decision. If you want to get them an alternative way, you're going to have to wait until we find them.

Hell, the wikis don't even list the NPCs we already know have spells yet -- how would you expect people to already know where to find them as drops?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    A simple fix is to reduce the price of all the spells by 75% it would lower the total price to around 2million, and for future spells they should drop off monsters since no geomancer spell drops off of monsters.
    Is this the first time you guys are around for a new expansion...? Hell no -- you should not get all of your spells for 2 million gil -- not when a SCH/WHM/RDM/BLM have to pay more than double and often triple that WITH REDUCED AH PRICES.
    (2)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Just going to point out, while there are some spells cheaper on the AH, there are also some that are drastically overpriced. Scrolls from quests are often a prime example of over-priced scrolls.

And before saying the scroll prices for GEO are appropriate, compare the costs of other high level scrolls from vendors to the cost for GEO spells. Only non-GEO scroll I can think of off-hand that is over 200,000 at a vendor is reraise 3.
    (0)

Character
    Nickm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I understand the expansion is new, and that spells will eventually be obtainable by an alternative method. Every example you listed above was obtainable from mob drops/chests/Bcnms/etc. upon release. The price you listed for sch/blm/whm/rdm is irrelevant, as you have the choice to buy them, or obtain another way.
    I don't feel like Geomancers should be "punished" for wanting their spells upon leveling. The colonization levels for the various coalitions only seem to rise with the conquest tallies. To my understand/speculations higher ranked coalitions will be needed to enable "special reives". Leaving us with the options of 1) Pay the insane prices. 2) Play the job without experiencing all it has to offer.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The total cost of GEO spells is a bit of a sticker shock all at once if I compare it to SCH just because they're all new, whereas with SCH I had purchased the majority of the job's available spells over the years from other jobs.

However, the total cost of spells doesn't surprise me, really. There has to be a few people like me who are only playing the expansion to try out the new jobs. With leveling being so quick, SE has just the skilling up and the spell cost to string me along a bit longer. For the people in it for the long haul, you'll be doing the same thing as always - pay through the nose if you want it now, or wait a bit to see if other sources emerge.

One thing I'm especially glad about is that all new spells are available from NPCs, much in line with the SCH-specific spells and COR dice. It prevents the moving target of AH spell prices (at least in the sense that you know the max), and the rarity issue. Those were fun elements a decade ago when I was a poor RDM in my first run through the game, building up for Phalanx. But I no longer enjoy that.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I understand the expansion is new, and that spells will eventually be obtainable by an alternative method. Every example you listed above was obtainable from mob drops/chests/Bcnms/etc. upon release. The price you listed for sch/blm/whm/rdm is irrelevant, as you have the choice to buy them, or obtain another way.
    I don't feel like Geomancers should be "punished" for wanting their spells upon leveling. The colonization levels for the various coalitions only seem to rise with the conquest tallies. To my understand/speculations higher ranked coalitions will be needed to enable "special reives". Leaving us with the options of 1) Pay the insane prices. 2) Play the job without experiencing all it has to offer.
    You're paying to be on the job early.

The point is -- alternative ways to get your spells already exist, the expansion is just far too new for everyone to know where they are.

If you want to wait, you're get your alternative ways to obtain your spells because they already exist. Otherwise you're paying that extra cost to be one of the first people on the job with the new spells, just like everyone else did on SCH, COR, PUP, and any other job that has to acquire its abilities/spells over a period of time.

Don't whine just because you're too impatient to wait to find out where those drops come from, all of the other jobs had to -- now you do too.
    (2)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-05-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Mighto
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You know that almost all Corsair Dice are from NPC only? There is a Chance that the NPC is the only way to get the Spells.
    (1)

www.vanaorzea-tribune.de

Character
    Nickm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The most expensive Roll is 123k.... Geomancer spells above 75 start at around 650k each... Not a fair comparison.
    (0)

Player
    The most expensive Roll is 123k.... Geomancer spells above 75 start at around 650k each... Not a fair comparison.
    Nothing from NPCs are as high priced as these new spells. So nothing is really a completely fair comparison.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast