Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Nothing from NPCs are as high priced as these new spells. So nothing is really a completely fair comparison.
    KIDS DEEZ DAYS

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Migran
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Technically these are higher in price but also craftable. The point hes trying to make I think is that nothing that isnt obtainable by alternate means which is where the unfair comparison comes into play
    (0)

Player
    Nothing people would actually buy from an NPC is that high of a price, the person who buys anything for above 100K from that NPC needs to be shot in the foot.

The point was basically what Elphy just said. Even if these can be gotten elsewhere though it makes little difference, scrolls and the like have been high priced in NPCs before, but these prices are far above their normal prices, same with that of dice which are similar to scrolls in how they are used a single time to learn it.
    (0)

Those Subligars could actually turn you a profit when they were introduced back during the inflation where 3 Cashmere Threads were good money.

sooo... yah. Maybe today its a bad buy but not back then :3, and I hold that as applicable to this topic, since Geo Spells were just released.

(And theres already evidence of them dropping elsewhere, Skirmish, so its not far-fetched to think they might have another drop source too... Maybe some of those new mage-beastmen?)
    (1)

Player
    As I said, different type of item anyways, armor vs usable scroll like item, prices differ on them.
    (0)

I know, I'm just saying we're burning down their forums a bit too soon over this, as we don't even know if these things drop from Nakuuls, the new beastmen.. Nothing... Fella in OP didn't even know they came from Skirmish because its new info...

Its just a tad early to assume the prices are absurd, most scrolls prices are a bit absurd if they don't have other locations to obtain them, SE just went full crazy with these, probably because the come from other sources.

If not, I'll help you Firaga the place.
    (3)

Player
    Right, I know what your saying, I am just saying it is a bit messed up on both sides of it. On one side, they do come from other things, so its not that big of a deal, at the same time, they come from Skirmish so far, which as far as I know is hard to access, its not like it comes from Abyssea where everyone gets it from boxes and the price will be 10k. I agree we can not simply condemn them now, but at the same time, it is worth some concern.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Skirmish is about as hard to get into as VW fights were when they first came out. You can't get to the higher tier bosses because no one had the completions done (and they weren't released yet), and you only had a select number of stones available to you. The fact that Bayld is so heavily used here implies that there will be an abundance of bayld eventually, but as of right now we only have so much. Cruor was hard to come by once too. Now people are brewing stuff for fun because they have too much Cruor. Skirmish will be no different.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I snorted.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    WHM and BLM would be higher, considering things like Ancient Magic and such.
    Early adoption tax is right. I cry whenever I see Comet for less than 100k.... since I paid over 2 million for it back in the fall of 2011.
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast