Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5

Upgrade trial for thief's knife

Because being forced to use such a low damage weapon at lvl 90 just sucks.

A new lvl 90 TH+1 dagger won't help because we'd be forced to use that *and* the Thief's Knife.

Whatever it is, make it very hard please. I'd like the Thief's Knife to mean something again. Turning the Thief's Knife into a trash item by making it a 100% drop was one of the worst ideas ever. It would have been better to just make it Rare/Ex.
    (0)

TK trials would be fun
    (0)

Character
    Zalama
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Actually one of the best suggestions made yet.
    (0)
    Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value.

Character
    Pesh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Or you could hit the mob with your TH gear on and switch into DD mode.

Once TH has been established, my TK swaps out and my Triplus comes in.
    (0)
    Paragon of Pigtails Excellence!

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I will bet it's literally on the top of the list for the new Synergy upgrade recipes.

The issue with Thief Knife is simple... it's NEVER going away, unless two more other Knives are born with Treasure Hunter on em that have superior stats, you'll be stuck using the old slow low damage Thief Knife one way or another... If anything just for superstition...... The only option would be a way to upgrade the existing one, and Synergy offers that avenue.
    (0)

Character
    Clandestine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think a trial to keep it at it's current level (so you can't have a 2nd - thereby stopping the problem of people expecting you to own 2 of them) but maybe lower the delay at least would be nice.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeoni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
    Or you could hit the mob with your TH gear on and switch into DD mode.

Once TH has been established, my TK swaps out and my Triplus comes in.
    ^This
    Problem solved.

Even if the trials did exist what would be the point, no one would do them unless it gave TH+2 or something. You can switch the weapon out after you've hit the mob with it once, same goes for the rest of your Treasure hunter gear.
    (0)

knowing me, i'll just keep my TH gear on at all times... just to be safe
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I don't feel strongly one way or another, in some situations (NMs for the most part) TK will swapped out after you get a hit on anyway, other situations (Dynamis for example) swapping weapons all the time would prolly do more harm than good, however doing damage in those situations as a thief hardly matters. Getting TH on as many statues and mobs as possible is first priority, which, compared to the other DDs in there, barely counts for anything, damage wise.

The only situations I know that would be worth it is trigger farming in abyssea, but those mobs usually die with one WS anyway. It may be upgradeable with Synergy for the people who care, I probably still wouldn't bother with it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofgeeks View Post
    knowing me, i'll just keep my TH gear on at all times... just to be safe
    This was absolutely logical safety precaution before the TH Update with log message.

However, When the game can now clearly show what level of TH You have on the mob, Its no reason to continue being superstitious/lazy!

As much as I'd like to see Thief's Knife damage upped through trials for when I'm farming and don't feel like macro bashing after every fight,LLike in Dynamis or Limbus, but I don't see it happening .

I hope it does. like, really, But instead of just Damage upgrade make the level 95/99 have TH+2 on it.

But the best solution is to, right now, know that you can put on your TH Gear, Hit mob > Take it off. No need to ever full time any of it. Its a little extra work, But its only hitting one button
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast