Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the+ yonin

the+ yonin

wouldnt it b good if thf/nin could use yonin exstra eva woot.
    (0)
    Forget the past. Ignore the future. Enjouy the pressent.

Character
    Niklz
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Or Innin if you're not tanking =o
    (0)
    "Do you sell the Internet?"

While i joy-gasmed at the idea before it was announced they would stay Main-Job Exclusive, I doubt they'd ever add Innin/Yonin to sub-job possibilities

Which in itself makes me sad. I think a Better solution would be to give THF its own Stances, But i doubt we'll even see that... Still, If you thought about it, What would be good "THF" Stances? One would have to lower EVA to be hindrance to THF's "Tanking" Aspect, and one, on top of other stats, would need to either increase EVA or Parry to build on THF's "EVA Tank" Aspect.

Really, Something like the following

Tank1: Increases Parrying Rate and Critical hit Rate. Lowers Defense and Accuracy.
    *Increases base parrying rate to 25%. Critical hit Rate +10%. - Decreases Defense 25%, and Accuracy -30

DD2: Increases Critical hit Damage, Attack and Triple Attack Rate. Lowers Evasion, Defense, and Enmity.
    *Increases Critical hit Damage 10%, Attack by 10%, and Tri.Atk by 5%. Lowers Eva 20%, Defense, 20%, enmity -20.

But, I should note, I think its unrealistic. Giving THF a stance would require exact balancing as to not over-power the job (lul) as well as offering benefits worth using. Its hard to imagine these ideas and keep Game balance in tact. My Idea even i admit would be overpowered in some situations.

I think, As odd as this sounds, Maybe its just because i generally tank low-man with friends, but an Ability that would increase my Parry rate to about 25% would be nice. I can cap evasion on most anything, adding another 25% Chance to "evade" I would welcome. THF Does have A+ Parrying, Its sad even capped its almost pointless as its generally "Floored" in proc rate. Perhaps Add natural THF JT To enhance this "A+" Parry we have :O?

Parrying Bonus: Level 25
    Increases Parry Rate by 5%

Parrying Bonus II: Level 45
    increases Parrying Rate further by 5%

Parrying Bonus III: Level 65
    Increases Parrying rate another 5%

Parrying Bonus IV: Level 85
    increases Parrying Rate another 5%

Giving THF @ 99 a Base Parry rate outside of skill 20%. Of course these ideas are admittedly insane, and less than useful. But hey Im an Insane person.
    (0)

i dont see a problem makeing thf overpowerin as they are happy with dnc being overpowering with its fan dance able to cure over 1k hp and so on lol XD
    (0)
    Forget the past. Ignore the future. Enjouy the pressent.

Character
    Harukusan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I don't think the loss of ACC would benefit THF in any way from using Yonin. What's the point of evading something all day if you can't kill it? DPS is Thief's most deadly weapon (as well as pretty much every other job).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Harukusan View Post
    I don't think the loss of ACC would benefit THF in any way from using Yonin. What's the point of evading something all day if you can't kill it? DPS is Thief's most deadly weapon (as well as pretty much every other job).
    Its only -30 Accuracy, On every single mob you fight, Maybe short of the Pony, You will cap accuracy way beyond what that -30 will hurt.

With our Level, and Skill, including things like Cruor buffs i average in the area of 200DEX in my TP Gear, Which is an additional 100 acc over my i think 371 Skill (I dont remember, I have capped Dagger merits). The -30 Accuracy would not hurt us at all.

Well, I lied, It wouldn't hurt a good THF at all. But at the same time, I still don't think we should get them. If we get any Stances i want our own unique ones.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    In another few months, when Abyssea along with its Atma and cruor buffs are a thing of the past, you will all feel bad for dissing Accuracy. Gearing/skilling for Abyssea is a waste of time, since neither gear nor skill matters in Abyssea anyway. And especially THF with its low skill for its main weapon will experience the drawbacks more than most other jobs. At least the new merits will allow people with a different main job to merit it to some degree.

Abyssea is not only spoiling noobs but also good players, reentry into the actual game will hit most people like a brick. I look forward to wiki entries like "Incredibly high accuracy!" just because their DNC can't blink tank mobs anymore, or phrases like "What do you mean, you're out of MP?" because people think MNK make good tanks as long as they have a WHM to spam cures on them.
    (0)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Sounds like you're a bitter pld that doesn't realize you were useless outside of abyssea too.
    Mnk is a viable tank outside of abyssea and dnc already can blink tank mobs just like every single other DD job in the game can.
    Well i suppose my whm cant tank NM's anymore but that's about it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    In another few months, when Abyssea along with its Atma and cruor buffs are a thing of the past, you will all feel bad for dissing Accuracy. Gearing/skilling for Abyssea is a waste of time, since neither gear nor skill matters in Abyssea anyway. And especially THF with its low skill for its main weapon will experience the drawbacks more than most other jobs. At least the new merits will allow people with a different main job to merit it to some degree.

Abyssea is not only spoiling noobs but also good players, reentry into the actual game will hit most people like a brick. I look forward to wiki entries like "Incredibly high accuracy!" just because their DNC can't blink tank mobs anymore, or phrases like "What do you mean, you're out of MP?" because people think MNK make good tanks as long as they have a WHM to spam cures on them.
    Considering a large portion of current endgame gear still has accuracy on it. I have a feeling we won't suffer as much as you think. Off the top of my head, THF+2 head has 12 acc, THF+2 Body has Dagger skill AND 10DEX, the Legs have a good chunk of added DEX. THF+2 hands have a massive boost to accuracy.

Really. We won't be as helpless as you make it seem... and its not like we'll all suddenly be unable to re-gear ourselves. Everyone already knows that once abyssea ends gear sets will likely be adjusted.

You really are entirely to angry at this. Its not that serious, You should calm down.

Edit: And even after all that is said and done, We still have Marinara Pizza+1 when all else fails~
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-09-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Sounds like you're a bitter pld that doesn't realize you were useless outside of abyssea too.
    Mnk is a viable tank outside of abyssea and dnc already can blink tank mobs just like every single other DD job in the game can.
    Well i suppose my whm cant tank NM's anymore but that's about it.
    PLD was far from useless, and I wasn't talking about right now, I was talking about the future, when they release new things, adjusted to our new skills. I'm guessing that then almost no jobs will be able to blink tank, except maybe for NIN, THF and very good DNC. MNK could be a decent tank in certain situations, overall it wasn't great and it was rarely as efficient as other alternatives at mitigating damage, even in best PDT sets. Right now every job can tank decently in and outside of Abyssea, so that argument is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Considering a large portion of current endgame gear still has accuracy on it. I have a feeling we won't suffer as much as you think. Off the top of my head, THF+2 head has 12 acc, THF+2 Body has Dagger skill AND 10DEX, the Legs have a good chunk of added DEX. THF+2 hands have a massive boost to accuracy.
    I was talking about Accuracy in general, because every time someone mentions it, people refer to Abyssea and how it's not needed anymore, when nothing is really needed inside Abyssea. Personally I don't consider it a relevant part of the game, it's the same when people tell me to sacrifice important stats for critical hit rate/damage builds, because it helps you more with Razed Ruins Atma. I just ignore those comments, because it's pointless to gear for that part of the game. That's like people telling you to use Campaign, Assault, Salvage or Besieged specific gear.

And I'm never angry.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast