Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

THF with Range attack

THF is a good shooter after RNG and probably COR.
    yet THF doesn't have any ability like NIN with Throwing.
    THF should have Some Ability for R.Acc R.atk and some WS.

Only sorts of Bolts, this one use, is INT Based.
    -Bloody Bolt
    -Acid Bolt
    -Venom Bolt
    -Blind Bolt

Normal Bolt such as
    -Darksteel Bolt
    -Mythril Bolt
    -etc..
    Should be able to be used on THF.
    or Make new guns / bullet for THF
    b/c thief is a Robber / Pilfer / assassin / etc.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Give THF A- ranked marksmanship (and A+ dagger while they are at it) and add a new line of low damage crossbows that enhance status bolt potency (increase added effects to tier 2 or tier 3 potency) and have large ranged accuracy bonuses when THF uses them. Add additional status bolts with effects like plague and paralysis.

I don't support turning THF into a RNG with evasion bonus. RNGs are hurting enough without having another job that can use ranged attacks without having to fear pulling hate. (THF can blink tank most things but RNG will end up eating dirt)
    (1)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 03-22-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Character
    Lordtrey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Racc really is not much of an issue with gear. There is just so much to be had.
    I love the idea of xbows that enhance the status effects. Could even be some kind of magain trial... Para and Attack Down/Bio bolts would be nice additions as well. Maybe even straight up sleep 2 bolts?

There are a ton of ways SE could expand THF and bolts. If they did they could keep the damage bolts. Even though it makes no sense, at all, to anyone.

I wish our DW boomerang was a crossbow too. I hate having to carry both for different circumstances and having to chose between the two.
    (0)

Personally, as a THF I would just love more option on status bolts. Silence bolts, paralyze bolts, slow bolts and gravity bolts would be awesome.
    (0)

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

Character
    Amoklauf
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    I'm all for this. I've always been a strong believer in that adding more xbow/ranged options for THF would make it a stronger more desired job without "simply" making it a better DD. I'm a tad bit sad that the idea behind Quick Draw's elemental shots was used on Corsair instead.

So many debuffs could be put on new bolts that wouldn't unbalance the strength of the job(s). If given the choice, I'd pick Dispel and Slow bolts. A Stun bolt would alleviate the concern many people on Thief forum have had with THF's lack of defense against magic. A short lasting stun additional effect could be used to interrupt long casting spells, without making THF a "stunner" (due to /ra delay) or requiring DNC sub.
    (0)

I also agree that a higher marksmanship skill (and more crossbow/ammo options) would make sense for a thief. A crossbow is a stealthy weapon, and traditionally, thieves have often been portrayed using bows and crossbows in games, movies and history. Thief isn't exactly the most ovwerpowered job in the game either, so I don't see why it couldn't be buffed a bit.

Slow, Mdef down, and perhaps mute bolts would be cool. Yes, I know there are silence arrows, but then you'd need to also level up archery in addition to marksmanship for that, and if thf was given better crossbow skill/equipment, it would make more sense to let them use it without changing to a bow.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 03-29-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    A crossbow is a stealthy weapon
    Not really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbalest
    (0)

Not that one, no. However, smaller ones existed, and the ones shown in FF11 are all much smaller than that Arbalest.

And i was referring to the amount of noise they made compared to a gun when I said stealthy, but perhaps a bow would make more sense for a thief anyway. Thieves don't have good bow skill either, though.
    (0)

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I always wanted Silence Bolts for farming mages, Stun Bolts would also be awesone but would require a very low delay crossbow to be useful. Lastly, let THF use a small selection of the ranged Weapon Skills without subbing rng or cor. Every other type of weapon in the game at least a handfull of the skills are available to everyone with that skill reguardless of their ranking in it, except Archery and Marksmanship. I don't mind if they remove Sidewinder and Slug Shot just let THF use something thats ranged without those subs. There are times when I wish I could just stand back on a mob and regain TP launching ranged WSs but having to sub /nin as a back up tank prevents it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Thats an Extreme end of the Spectrum >.>;

There are much smaller Crossbows. Its like saying Guns aren't Stealthy cause of Weapons like RPGs and Semi-Automatic and automatic Rifles.

When in fact on the OTHER end of the Spectrum, theres weapons like a Sniper Riffles, and to a lesser extent, Silenced Personal Arms are both Stealthy in their own right :P

However, I think even the smallest crossbow in itself back in the day was hard to conceal. Making it "Less than stealthy" But by them standards it was.
    (0)