Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    They should let PS2 users in US/EU to purchase content ID via Playonline service and download it there. Or buy the content ID via SE website and give them a download link separately so they can burn it on a CD and install it on PS2.
    Or just make it a mandatory patch so they only have to deploy one update for PS2 users, rather than having to do both a "Expansion installed/Expansion not installed" package.

The expansion was only a 200mb download for PC, which was about the size of the patch to begin with, and PS2 updates are smaller than PC also. Really do not know why they had to ship a disc for this on 360 outside of the Seekers Edition which included all prior content. It should have just been a serial key you pay for.
    (1)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They actually took a poll over POL and I guess based on the poll results they decided against a PS2 release for the expansion in NA and Europe.
    (1)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Makenshi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Maybe we can do a Kickstarter to drop PS2 support all together and finally get rid of some of the limitations! Seriously though, for the money you donate to keep FFXI running on that 13 year old system you can get a decent cheap PC, download the software and just play your account(s) on that.

I do agree it's stupid to keep PS2 support just for Japan and no other regions, either keep supporting it or drop it completely. The one reason I'm not thrilled about FFXIV is because is going to eventually be limited by the PS3 hardware, which by the time FFXIV actually comes out for the PS3 the next generation systems will almost be available and it's already outdated hardware.
    (2)
    Last edited by Werewolf; 04-03-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You don't even need a decent PC. I could make you one for $100 that will run this game. Or, you know, buy a used Xbox 360 for $100.
    (1)

Character
    Archades
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I wouldn't care if they dropped ps2 support as long as they didn't keep treating it as ps2 game.

whats the point of dropping a player-base when you wont even make content requiring more powerful tech.

We all know the truth its not the ps2 its SE holding FFXI back.
    (4)

Character
    Perdition
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 82
    As a former PS2 player, I personally do not think that SE should support PS2 users anymore. I am not positive how large the PS2 player base is, but it is likely that it has decreased significantly over the last 9 or so years since FFXI launched. Not sure of their motive for launching SOA in Japan, but could you imagine them producing a PS2 game in 2013? There is a reasonably priced console alternative that has an install base of over 70 million in the XBOX 360. Eventually everything will be phased out, including FFXI, for now it is just the PS2's time. It had a very good run.
    (0)

Character
    Perdition
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Archades View Post
    I wouldn't care if they dropped ps2 support as long as they didn't keep treating it as ps2 game.

whats the point of dropping a player-base when you wont even make content requiring more powerful tech.

We all know the truth its not the ps2 its SE holding FFXI back.
    Do you mind elaborating a bit more on this statement? If they are interested in holding their own game back, why would they release a new xpac? I can understand what your are saying on a certainly level, if you were referring to game design issues, but when it comes to the actual product, I would argue SE has taken immense strides since the launch of FFXI. If anything a new Xpac after 10 years says that SE is moving the game forward in my opinion.
    (1)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quick point of note the poll currently has only 11 votes saying how much people would put towards backing an NA PS2 SoA release... But there are 36 votes from people saying they'd buy multiple copies of that PS2 release.

That's not a lot.
    (2)

Player
    They won't put much money because it's an eleven year old game.
    There's a time when you turn the page and move on. Nothing they can do can offer FFXI a new life without basically remaking the entire game.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingAvatar View Post
    Just to let you know, you're wrong. Seekers of Adoulin is out for PS2 in Japan, the US users just want what the Japanese users got. Take your "holding the game back"-yadda talk somewhere else please.
    There aren't enough US PS2 users to justify the cost of pressing the discs, boxes, and shipping them over here. They probably couldn't even fil a single shipping pallet with the number of copies they'd sell.

The PC you're probably writing this post on can most likely play the game, so why not just do it? connect your PC to your TV and plug in a controller if you want to sit on the couch.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-04-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast