Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm in slight agreement with Bahamut , it would be nice if they could improve the graphics quality somewhat. I'm not asking for a FFXIV overhaul, but just a general increase in the quality we have at the moment.

As for the topic at hand I can see why people would like a ps2 disc of the expansion but if they didn't bother to do one for PC users PS2 really stands no chance . I have all my FFXI physical copies together and it makes me a little sad I have no SOA case to go with it . But such is life - we jut have to grin and bare it and hope they have something up their sleeves
    (1)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Get over it and move up to PC. PS2 users are killing this game.
    (4)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirito_Wind View Post
    Did they ever give a reason why they wanted to stop making US ps2 versions?
    A quick forum search (using terms "Adoulin" and "PS2") brought up nothing, but after a bit of digging around I was able to find a relevant quote from GameEscape's Vana'Fest 2012 Interview:
    GE- In North America Seekers of Adoulin will not be available for the PlayStation 2. Can you tell us what lead to this decision? It seems a bit odd to increase HDD capacity for the game on the console then only release the expansion in one territory. Why not release the expansion digitally?

SE (Answered by Square Enix, Inc.)- In evaluating the North American release of the expansion across all platforms, we needed to consider multiple factors, including the number of players exclusively on the system, and the costs associated with publishing or developing a stand-alone download. Regrettably, these two factors greatly determined our final decision to support the PC and Xbox platforms exclusively. However, we remain committed to supporting FINAL FANTASY XI on the PlayStation 2 platform for the foreseeable future.
    Source

Here you go. This is why SoA is not on NA PS2. This is why the only chance an NA PS2 SoA release has is to prove that the number of players 'exclusively' on the system are willing to make an expenditure greater than the costs associated with publishing or developing a stand-alone download.
    (4)
    Last edited by Volkai; 04-03-2013 at 07:02 AM.
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Endos
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco View Post
    Get over it and move up to PC. PS2 users are killing this game.
    There are still ps2 users for SoA in Japan

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/deta...3dall%26q%3d11

oh and thanks Volkai...
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkai View Post
    Now, if you're done putting your foot in your mouth, does anyone have any /relevant/ ideas about this proposal?
    Yes, anyone willing to donate a significant enough sum of money should use that money to switch to a more modern platform.

That's why this proposal is ridiculous. Defend the PS2 all you want, it's playerbase is holding the game back.
    (2)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirito_Wind View Post
    oh and thanks Volkai...
    Not a problem.

WHile I've moved on from PS2 to PC and XBox myself (can't give up that living room big screen), I can sympathize with how much it sucks to be left behind without an expansion, regardless of how understandable it might be -- and I'd definitely be picking up an expansion disc (or UC disc!) for my old system, just in case I ever hook it up to the internet again. Also to have the full run of disc boxes.
    (4)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They should let PS2 users in US/EU to purchase content ID via Playonline service and download it there. Or buy the content ID via SE website and give them a download link separately so they can burn it on a CD and install it on PS2. Digital distribution may be the best and cheapest method to reach those who are still playing it on PS2. I wonder why they dont just make the japanese disc as universal one and sell the PAL and NTSC version (without region lock). Probably bureaucracy red tape that prevent this, oh well, hope you guys get some resolution. Or go with options XYZ, lol, buy xbox or PC
    (3)

Character
    Endos
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    Yes, anyone willing to donate a significant enough sum of money should use that money to switch to a more modern platform.

That's why this proposal is ridiculous. Defend the PS2 all you want, it's playerbase is holding the game back.
    It really depends on the community. The reason SE decided to keep the ps2 version for Japan was because ps2 is much bigger in japan than the xbox 360 and there are a couple of other games that use the hard drive. In the US this is the only game that uses a hard drive, and it apparently isn't that big... It is kind of disappointing (especially because you can't log into the Japanese version with an NA account) but there is nothing that we can do except hope it will eventually become a psn if it ever does...
    (1)

Character
    Endos
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    They should let PS2 users in US/EU to purchase content ID via Playonline service and download it there. Or buy the content ID via SE website and give them a download link separately so they can burn it on a CD and install it on PS2. Digital distribution may be the best and cheapest method to reach those who are still playing it on PS2. I wonder why they dont just make the japanese disc as universal one and sell the PAL and NTSC version (without region lock). Probably bureaucracy red tape that prevent this, oh well, hope you guys get some resolution. Or go with options XYZ, lol, buy xbox or PC
    That is more a hardware limitation than anything and also makes holes for exploits... For one the ps2 does not have the ability to read burned discs like a ps2 game, it thinks of it like a video. Second you need a special code and ribbon on the disc for the ps2 to read it, there is apparently no region free code and ribbon... The only way they could add something similar to what you said would be to allow the game to read USB's and allow the patch to come from there. But that would essentially open the game for exploits and give everyone with a ps2 a free copy SoA software (although they technically couldn't use it without option in account). Personally I would just prefer the ability to log into a japanese version of the game with an english account, since that seems the most doable...
    (2)
    Last edited by Kirito_Wind; 04-03-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Character
    Taminye
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 70
    One the PS3 or PS4 would require limited work , mainly the kernel.
    I think a Free download of seekers seekers of adoulin VIA the Playstation store or self-burned ISO
    seekers of adoulin is on ps2 in Japan IE via PC user or etc promo code might work. (buy the pc version or xbox etc , the idea of one being able to freely obtain platform media for exsisting accounts NICE NICE) or If I have purchased Seakers ... the patcher on ps3 will just patch it to seekers etc anyhow.

Everquest 1 & 2 once you buy the expansion , even if the system its on dies , downloading the streaming launcher and login done , wait for it to download and patch , on new pc back in bussiness.

though the ps2 I had died long ago , the idea of an PS3-4 Kernel (game core) version and my pc chair n desk not digning into my back , and the fluffy sofa dose sound appeal. if I riged my ps3 with Linux/Wine .... I could run it.

with Steam coming to Ps3/4 Play on linux offten wraps PC games as a package playable on Linux , and since ps4 caved to Linux less geohot hack it to deaTH AGAIN.... to allow pc games and developers more accsess to ps4 .

Just if SE added general patcher account support (User is entilted Expansions : ? ?? ?? ???? ??) and would pull them in Great. I bought Seekers on PC , and can play it on ps3/4 no extra charge with curent account WOOOT , that'd be a great day.
    (0)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast