Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We don't currently have any plans to introduce bells that enhance individual spells such as the way instruments do with songs. So with that said, carrying one bell along with you should be sufficient.
    Good stuff! My inventory and I thank you, Okipuit!
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We don't currently have any plans to introduce bells that enhance individual spells such as the way instruments do with songs. So with that said, carrying one bell along with you should be sufficient.
    But will there be any different handbells at all? It seems silly to invent a whole new equipment item and only have one of its kind.

e.g. I would hope that as time goes on we can get a handbell that has more than MP +5 on it, considering that a handbell disallows us from equipping ammo slot items.
    (6)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I am for not having to switch to different handbells because that would ruin my geomancer realmrazer/hexastrike spam!

Although, I hope you do consider making bells an important item. I would be all for having a "relic" bell like how bard has a relic instrument and put an indi spell on it as well, with a very hard to reach/rare geo location. You guys said way back when that you were going to attach spells to the mage types weapons, so please don't drop the idea now!
    (1)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    But will there be any different handbells at all? It seems silly to invent a whole new equipment item and only have one of its kind.

e.g. I would hope that as time goes on we can get a handbell that has more than MP +5 on it, considering that a handbell disallows us from equipping ammo slot items.
    They did the same thing with Animators; there was only one at first.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    They did the same thing with Animators; there was only one at first.
    Thats why I think it will follow a similar path, the only problem with that path is that it seems kinda stupid to have so few of them for upgrades, it would be nice if they had some really nice ones, if it goes like Animators completely we should expect a level 99 bell with +100 MP, which is bleh imo.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    99 bell with +100MP still greater than 1 bell with +5MP. That alone is a free indi-refresh (Not Geo-refresh though). >.>

I would like to mention he is definitely putting in the ol' SE specific wording trick though. There will most likely not be any spell specific bells though possibly one or two made later on. I'd say 15% chance of these being made sometime. The chance of multi-level bells though is 85% and that is being cautious. Artifact bell is 95%.
    (0)
    Last edited by Delvish; 04-11-2013 at 07:56 PM.
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Will we be getting at least a few more than just the Matre Bell? Having just 1 seems a little redundant for GEO!
    (1)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

I wouldn't bet on it. As far as I can tell, bells exist for two reasons:
    1) To further kneecap whatever restricted functionality /GEO might have had, much like how /BRD and /BST were crippled by being unable to equip instruments and jugs.
    2) Checking the "uses bells" box in the "shout-outs to previous Final Fantasy games" section of the job design document. Why, if it didn't use bells, it wouldn't have anything besides the name in common with previous Geomancers at all!
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. As far as I can tell, bells exist for two reasons:
    1) To further kneecap whatever restricted functionality /GEO might have had, much like how /BRD and /BST were crippled by being unable to equip instruments and jugs.
    2) Checking the "uses bells" box in the "shout-outs to previous Final Fantasy games" section of the job design document. Why, if it didn't use bells, it wouldn't have anything besides the name in common with previous Geomancers at all!
    There are a couple of different Animators on PUP, and the only known difference between them is stats (the later ones have some DEX on them).

The bell shouldn't exist if there aren't different ones. They don't need the bell to restrict spells from subjob, they can do it without that. I'm sure there will be an AF bell and probably some stupid hard to get one that does nothing from an endgame event, similar to what happened with PUP.
    (1)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    There are a couple of different Animators on PUP, and the only known difference between them is stats (the later ones have some DEX on them).

The bell shouldn't exist if there aren't different ones. They don't need the bell to restrict spells from subjob, they can do it without that. I'm sure there will be an AF bell and probably some stupid hard to get one that does nothing from an endgame event, similar to what happened with PUP.

Which is annoying, as it is on PUP.

Both jobs deserve to be able to actually utilize that stat for job specific bonuses as opposed to have it tied down just to make their abilities function normally.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast