Thread: Reives

Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Reives

I'm receiving very little bayld for attacking an enemy with magic compared to my friends who are meleeing. This needs to be updated.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tptn937 View Post
    I'm receiving very little bayld for attacking an enemy with magic compared to my friends who are meleeing. This needs to be updated.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ring-EXP-Bayld

hoping for a response in the bug report i created.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Also, Why not give auto-reraise, like in Besieged. I was in a Reive for 20 mins, dead, no one raising, the WHM whiffing at the Rotted Root for 0 dmg, and for my death, 9 XP, 9 Bayld.
    (3)
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Also, Why not give auto-reraise, like in Besieged. I was in a Reive for 20 mins, dead, no one raising, the WHM whiffing at the Rotted Root for 0 dmg, and for my death, 9 XP, 9 Bayld.
    I have heard this complaint in my LS as well, though I wonder if it was because healing gave no points or if it were because of people just generally being rude and leaving people to fend for themselves.
    (0)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I have heard this complaint in my LS as well, though I wonder if it was because healing gave no points or if it were because of people just generally being rude and leaving people to fend for themselves.
    Well, everytime I've tried a reive, it's ended badly because of one idiot who runs straight in to attack the obstacle, sending 7-10 mobs to kill the 4 people who've been there, waiting for backup. THEN...No raises.

For those who haven't noticed yet, if you attack the obstacle (such as Rotted Root) the Reive mobs become hostile and aggro/link/kill everyone. If you see a few people standing there, not fighting, there's a reason, DO NOT head straight for the obstacle and attack it, you will kill yourself and everyone else. You need crowd control first.

Also, Reives seem to be the best way to get Bayld, For me, it seems to be the only way. I get too bored soloing Tough mobs, I think SE should add some lower mobs and have mobs increase in difficulty the further you get from Adoulin.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kojo; 03-30-2013 at 01:40 PM.
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Seems they performed an update to adjust the rewards for playing a support job during Reives.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    If I see dead people in the field, they become comfy seats. Think about that for a moment.

As to above post, White Mages are not obligated to heal or raise anyone outside of their party, and in fact are often discouraged from doing so due to a great number of buffs being self target AoE or PT target onry. I would suggest next time to bring a friend with Raise, and I also suggest making fun of any WHM that hits for 0 mercilessly until said WHM puts away the hammer out of embarrassment.
    (0)

Character
    Angarato
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    or even dumber that bsts can just sent in pet (that doesnt aggro the mobs) and goes afk. I was really hoping that in this expansion the game wouldnt be filled with afk beastmasters with a falcorr killing stuff for them. like in abyssea
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    You know, after designing Besieged, Campaign, and Walk of Echoes, THREE similar all you can whack type of events, they still have learned NOTHING AT ALL. This is just a sad example on how badly SoA is designed. Auto Reraise should be granted for this type of events. As well as random temp items. Reive Unity is a great idea however.

We need variety, and a replacement for this godawful boring whacking roots over and over type of activities EVERYWHERE in SoA. Not to mention the crap rewards on Soul Pyre. As well as the 3-5 hours trend of killing NMs....seriously who has the time to spend that long to do one events.
    (1)