Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Post-Adjustment Nyzul Uncharted Strategies

I'm dedicating a thread to finding ways to clear at least floor 80 now that Embrava and the enemy ATK/DEF ratio has been adjusted. Honestly, I'm just looking for ideas to try out.

Really, just start shouting out stuff. Even if it isn't well thought-out, I'd like to hear it anyway. Though this may contradict my previous request, I would like to hear ideas that encompass a wide range of jobs and are flexible and accessible to everyone.

This isn't a thread to assail people for not getting the gear in time. Remember, that equipment wasn't limited edition. People should still have a chance to get it and that's what I wish to see happen. This is merely brainstorming to find out how to accomplish that.

I'll start:

I suppose one method that could work would be having RDM's and BRD's come along to Haste and buff people. The rest of the party could be comprised of DD's and maybe a tank or two. This setup is somewhat reminiscent of the EXP parties of old.
    (2)

Player
    4 DDs/1 BRD/1 SCH

Basically the same strategy as before but with some alterations.

4 DDs should have proper TP/WS/PDT sets, PDT is useful for moving around on the floors with extra mobs as you can run through them without much fear of damage, on these floors make sure you have regen up and do not use defense lowering abilities which would cause extra damage to you such as Berserk or Last Resort, a Hybrid TP set would also be good for when engaging the enemy.

SCH should keep up Regen and Phalanx at all times, and try to manage a bit of Adlo and Haste spells into their mix if possible while they move around keeping the DDs alive. MP may become a problem at some point, if for some reason it does then the BRD can apply some Ballads, though it should not be needed, if so this should be done on floors where DDs can do most of the work on their own, such as Spec enemy floors with only a single mob, as they are often non-threatening.

BRD should keep up double marches at all times, popping it when the party goes up a floor, it should also be the BRDs job to keep track of their duration timers for spells. The BRD will need a lot of Fast Cast and -cast time gear to make sure their songs are getting out as fast as possible. All duration gear is very helpful, as are the Nightingale and Troubadour augments on relic gear, the merits themselves are must haves, as one doubles the duration of ones songs and the other with 5/5 merits makes them instantly cast. If the BRD has an Emp harp they are able to cast an extra song, in most cases this should be movement speed or extra attack. The advantage and flaw to movement speed is that it wipes every floor but allows the DDs to get through some of them faster, where as attack is only helpful on killing the mobs more quickly, which is not always helpful.

This strat is fairly similar to the old way of double Embrava, but takes more work and changes the format a bit. Embrava can still be used, but it is now for zerging the boss at the end, not full timing it. I believe this strat should be able to hit 80 often, but 100s are still going to be out of reach.
    (2)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I like your strategy. However, extra attack may be unnecessary with the level adjustments made to enemies. That being said, people that need to overcome attack penalties (e.g. Resolution, Requiescat, Drakesbane) may still need them. I suppose I'd actually have to go in and see for myself. As of right now, I've never even tried the event as I know I would fail so hard as to make the learning experience seem inadequate.

I really wish there was a way to practice NNI without expending tags now.
    (0)

Player
    Attack may not be needed as you said but myself I have little experience with BRD, and the main songs I know people use are Attack and Haste, Haste is obviously a great choice for this, but the second choice if a BRD can do 3~4 songs is hard for me to say, and attack just seemed like the most common other. Speed is really in my opinion the best, but the fact it gets wiped when you are hit or use an offensive action on a mob messes that up, I really wish they would change that.
    (1)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Personally, I wish Neo Nyzul worked somewhat like Retro Nyzul. Say you could save progress and every time you made it to floor 100 from floor 1, you got a piece of gear of your choice. That sounds nice, huh? But you have to go up one floor at a time again.

This way, the event is not only accessible to everyone, it's also a long process with assured rewards. Now SE won't have to worry about people burning through it too quick. Does that sound like a good idea or what?
    (1)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Personally, I wish Neo Nyzul worked somewhat like Retro Nyzul. Say you could save progress and every time you made it to floor 100 from floor 1, you got a piece of gear of your choice. That sounds nice, huh? But you have to go up one floor at a time again.

This way, the event is not only accessible to everyone, it's also a long process with assured rewards. Now SE won't have to worry about people burning through it too quick. Does that sound like a good idea or what?
    I'd like this (I'm about always in favor of near-guaranteed, visible progress) but then the people who actually don't have a problem clearing HQ Nyzul would probably complain about how they can't clear a whole run in one go anymore :/

Maybe if there were some way to alter it so that players had a choice... like, progress only gets recorded IF you elect to only go up 1 floor at a time.
    (2)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    I'd like this (I'm about always in favor of near-guaranteed, visible progress) but then the people who actually don't have a problem clearing HQ Nyzul would probably complain about how they can't clear a whole run in one go anymore :/

Maybe if there were some way to alter it so that players had a choice... like, progress only gets recorded IF you elect to only go up 1 floor at a time.
    Make it a choice given by Sorrowful Sage. Problem solved.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post

This would be fun, I've been wanting a dungeon run style event where the main foe isn't the end timer with close seconds being asinine mechanics designed to run down said timer. That would give the devs a chance to design something fun and accessible, but I'm being far too optimistic hoping for fun with content from the Treasures era.
    (2)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    That would give the devs a chance to design something fun and accessible, but I'm being far too optimistic hoping for fun with content from the Treasures era.
    It's really not optimism. That's a flat-out sound idea that could make a great event that people would enjoy. It wouldn't even be that hard to design either.

Only problem that would arise would be overcrowding of an instanced area, and last I checked, that's good problem because that means "win" content.
    (0)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    If I actually make a thread for this (as the community reps requested we do for individual ideas and suggestions), would you all support it? I mean this really would be a good thing, right?

Update: Too late, I already made it. Can everyone please go like it?
    (1)
    Last edited by Sephiran; 04-08-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast