Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Thanks for commenting on the issue, but to be honest, the reduction has turned people away from Reives, and as cool as the 3 new sets of armor are, they really aren't worth the grind. As a 99 RUN, all the gear that makes a decent set is either annoying to get after SCH's Embrava being nerfed (Thaumas) or pointlessly expensive, like Wraithwing Nails which are 35mil on Phoenix, last I saw. For RUN, the only thing Thurandaut I was interested in was the hands, which I got. The rest is either at the moment unavailable or useless for RUN.

My suggestion is add more, more epic gear to the Bayld Vendor. Maybe even add Crafting Apron-like clothing to all Coalitions, and/or the ability to enhancee R/M/E via Bayld at the Inventor's Coalition.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Player
    While I appreciate Camate's post, a very good one indeed, the system is still heavily flawed. I personally don't feel the need to stand there and kill waves upon waves upon waves of repopped mobs for 1000 bayld.

The objective is to clear the tree, the mobs defend the tree, it's like capture the flag, no one cares about the participants, JUST THE FLAG.

You kill the tree you win, the mobs kill you, you lose. You kill the mobs... they just repop.

I (we) don't want to sit and fight (more so than we do already) for hours @ one Reive killing endless streams of pain in the ass enemies for miniscule gains, we want to go in, accomplish the objective, receive a reasonable reward, and move on to the next one, in a TIMELY manner.
    (12)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    While I appreciate Camate's post, a very good one indeed, the system is still heavily flawed. I personally don't feel the need to stand there and kill waves upon waves upon waves of repopped mobs for 1000 bayld.

The objective is to clear the tree, the mobs defend the tree, it's like capture the flag, no one cares about the participants, JUST THE FLAG.

You kill the tree you win, the mobs kill you, you lose. You kill the mobs... they just repop.

I (we) don't want to sit and fight (more so than we do already) for hours @ one Reive killing endless streams of pain in the ass enemies for miniscule gains, we want to go in, accomplish the objective, receive a reasonable reward, and move on to the next one, in a TIMELY manner.
    Remember how Campaign used to be when it was first introduced? And all those abandoned Campaign Ops that no one bother to do because low reward vs risk? Sadly this is being repeated again now with SoA lol. It didn't take very long before everyone is abandoning reive, I could not really get much with just a PLD and a THF, participation dropped drastically after this adjustment, now not even mages want to touch this. They are indeed putting a stop to the bayld fountain lol.
    (3)

Character
    Chaossoldier
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!

I hope you're all looking forward to the weekend, and perhaps even taking part in the double EXP campaign to catch whatever job or merits up to where you want them to be!

As there have been quite a few posts about the changes that were made to Reive evaluations yesterday, I wanted to follow-up and give an explanation about the system and the development team's thoughts.
    • Balance of the amount of bayld obtained between content

Broken down content-wise, the below is the order of how much bayld we imagined players receiving listed from highest to lowest:
      Coalition Assignments > Colonization Reives > Lair Reives

The reasons for establishing it in this way are due to the following:
      • Coalition assignments consume tickets.
      • If the order of Reives and Coalition Assignments were reversed, the necessity to do Coalition Assignments would decrease.
      • If Coalition Assignments are not completed, the Coalitions' ranks will not increase, which means that no one would be able to receive Coalition support perks.
      • If no one is receiving Coalition support perks it would become difficult to colonize.
    • Envisioned amount of Bayld obtainment
      Coalition Assignments: 4000 Bayld/day
      Colonization Reives: max of 1000-1500 each time
      Lair Reives: max of 700-800 each time

The cost of items that can be purchased with Bayld have been established based on these envisioned numbers.
      *These numbers are what were envisioned for a single Reive, and not the amount to be received at each evaluation.

• Why the evaluation value and the threshold were high for enhancing magic, elemental magic, enfeebling magic, and healing magic

Enhancing magic: We wanted to protect against situations where you could earn a lot of Bayld by only casting enhancing magic.

Elemental magic/enfeebling magic: We were considering cases where AoE magic would be cast.

Healing magic: We wanted to protect against situations where players could gain Bayld by swapping HP boosting equipment in and out to heal themselves.

Based on the aforementioned reasons we have implemented the adjustments up until now.

In other words…
    • The amount of Bayld that was being obtained via melee attacks was lowered because it was much higher than what we had first envisioned.
    • The increase in the evaluation values for healing magic, enfeebling magic, and elemental magic were performed because it was much stricter than initially envisioned.
    • The reason changes were made so that a message does not appear when the threshold is not met at the time of evaluation was because it would cause people to incorrectly think that not meeting the threshold means that the evaluation value was reset.
    Also, we are closely watching how everyone is actually playing as well as the information exchanged on the forums, Twitter, and fan sites, and there is an impression that the difference in Bayld is connected to the destruction of obstructions/lairs.

In the event that the obstruction or lair is not damaged, you will not be able to receive experience points or Bayld, but even if you go all out and destroy it right away you will not receive the maximum amount.

Please try and divvy up the responsibilities so you are damaging the obstruction/lair, defeating monsters, and then supporting other players doing these things.

Additionally, obtaining the "Reive Unity" key item and receiving effects from Ionis will go a long way in helping you out.

In regards to plans moving forward, we are exploring adjustments like the below:
    • Adjustments to the increase rate of the Colonization Rate
    • Reducing the penalty time for leaving a Reive (10 minutes > 5 minutes)
    • Adjustments to each of the threshold values

We're also looking into a variety of other things and once they have been confirmed I will be sure to share them with you all.

In the meantime, happy pioneering and get those Coalition ranks up!
    The cap of 1000-1500 bayld per reive seems pretty fair. The only problem is, meeting the requirements have become to high, least in my eyes. I play with two characters (dual box) I haven't changed anything that I do during reives, but there will be times where I go all out and not receive a single thing. I think there needs to be tweaks to the cap. I was thinking why not make it like campaign. While the reive battle is going on all damage is calculated towards the cap. When I player hits that the cap, that's it. This gives players who aren't shoha sams or berserked wars time to hit that cap and get rewards. Otherwise the cap needs brought down and when players hit that cap they are locked in.
    (1)
    Last edited by LCofPandy; 04-06-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    All I'm hearing is that people want more free and easy stuff. Don't listen to them SE. No Free Stuff. Challenges are good (and I know SE agrees with that philosophy). It was enough that the friggin starter gear that people are able to get within 2-3 days of release puts existing armor nearly out of business. Don't lower the requirements to get it too, unless you intend to make all the old gear obsolete and add a slough of uber gear in the next update.

Also though, Camate you mentioned in your post that you are closely monitoring how people are actually playing. I understand forums, but could you expand on that other part? Are there invisible GM's watching our reives? Or undercover players alongside us? Or do you just have a viewer program that gives you a window into whatever you want? I'm sure many people are curious, spill those beans!

Now I've put you in a dilemma of whether or not to "like" my post huh. Fellow forum goers probably like the second paragraph but maybe not the first!
    (1)

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!

[*]Reducing the penalty time for leaving a Reive (10 minutes > 5 minutes)
    Dear Altana, this!!!
    (2)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    All I'm hearing is that people want more free and easy stuff. Don't listen to them SE. No Free Stuff. Challenges are good (and I know SE agrees with that philosophy). It was enough that the friggin starter gear that people are able to get within 2-3 days of release puts existing armor nearly out of business. Don't lower the requirements to get it too, unless you intend to make all the old gear obsolete and add a slough of uber gear in the next update.
    Unfortunately, SE is exactly the company to grant a ridiculous request like "Don't do what all your customers are asking you to do". /sigh

Also though, Camate you mentioned in your post that you are closely monitoring how people are actually playing. I understand forums, but could you expand on that other part? Are there invisible GM's watching our reives? Or undercover players alongside us? Or do you just have a viewer program that gives you a window into whatever you want? I'm sure many people are curious, spill those beans!

Now I've put you in a dilemma of whether or not to "like" my post huh. Fellow forum goers probably like the second paragraph but maybe not the first!
    I didn't push "like" but I am curious as well.
    (3)

Character
    Unaisis
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I like the whole "Let us know your feedback" and then saying "Lol nupe~ we keeping it like this either you like it or not :P"
    (7)

http://www.youtube.com/user/koga41

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Have fun trying to gather people to do Reive. It's already becoming somewhat difficult to find people in the area let alone clearing one in reasonable time. It's good that they explain what we should do and what are expected from the new content - very refreshing. But it seems like the general consensus are not liking these recent changes. If less and less people are doing it, less progress are being made. Just look at how WoTG is a complete dead zones now, while every other Abyssea zones are still drawing more people, and ToAU contents are still far from dead.
    (1)

Character
    Unaisis
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    in 2-3 months, if things are kept the way they are~ Adoulin will be overrun with wild life and not a single fudge would be given.
    (6)

http://www.youtube.com/user/koga41

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast