Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I went in as melee before the nerf and wasn't getting but 600~ xp at the most, I was on RUN, tanking for that 600 and died for it, could have done better on DRK DDing the roots probably. Camate, please let the dev know that the reduction was a horrible idea, people are already seeing Rieves as dead in the water, this patch could very well be the nail in the coffin.

The FFXI community has suggested several great ideas to improve Reives, widen the battlefield, auto-reraise, lengthen the time limit to get back in the battle, eliminating knockback effects of Reive mobs, the list goes on and on, yet the dev team ignores these suggestions and instead of improving an already horribly bugged event, they make it worse, intentionally. It's not hard to see why the community is angry, it seems the dev team is actively trying to anger the FFXI community, subscribers who pay their wages.

I understand ignoring the gripes of "I am disappoint, SE, Y U NO MOAR CONTENT?!" and of course the "Higher damage than Relics!? SE do you even lift!?" I can also understand not translating and forwarding such concerns to the devs, but please forward the Reive suggestions to the devs.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You don't receive Bayld based on your evaluation. Bayld is determined based on how much the obstacle is damaged by the entire participating force of the Reive. Your evaluation is a "Score" based on the number of eligible actions. Each action is worth a certain number of points. There is a minimum score to be eligible for Bayld. Everyone who meets the threshold gets that amount at the time of evaluation.

Everyone in my party was able to receive full points pre-update from the evaluations by having a PLD off to the side tanking all the mobs, while a DNC and WHM skillchained the root to death. It seems that the PLD was only eligible for XP if it damaged the root once, though. But after that, it was able to receive XP/Bayld by tanking the other mobs off to the side and never touched the root. The WHM was also able to achieve the same reward as everyone else if it stood off to the side and cast AOE Barspells on the party over and over.

So basically, they just lowered the amount of points received for melee damage. At the same time, they reduced the minimum number of points required to receive an award and increased the number of points available from other sources Before this change, if you were meleeing, you were earning WAY over the number of points required to reach the minimum threshold anyway.
    (1)

Character
    Mindi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    great now we have campaign-brd V2
    (1)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    What's with the "?" in the update notes?
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    What's with the "?" in the update notes?
    SE has been collecting underpants lately.
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

As a follow-up I just wanted to direct everyone to the news that was just posted in Information regarding a version update for adjustments to Reive evaluations. Be sure to hop into some Reives when you have a moment and let us know your feedback now that it has been changed!
    Thanks for the recent changes, I will definitely hop to it as RDM and BLU to test it. Perhaps enlighten us on how Reive participation is evaluated and what is the purpose of doing this. All I am seeing is people focusing on whacking the roots and not killing the adds over and over which seems to bring more bayld the longer you do both activities. And please add Auto Reraise at the very least.
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    wow you guys are stupid... the melee reives were PERFECT at their current values. you needed to bring everything UP to that level not drop it to nill.
    (4)

Character
    Arkista
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I have been doing these on BLU/WAR and was getting around 3k per battle and today I got about 1500Bayld. This problem needs to be fixed along with the fact that we get crappy items for rewards 'Skull Locust".
    (1)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    SE has been collecting underpants lately.
    Step1: Fix what wasnt broken
    Step 2: Break what wasnt broken
    Step 3: ?
    Step 4: PROFIT!
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    wow you guys are stupid... the melee reives were PERFECT at their current values. you needed to bring everything UP to that level not drop it to nill.
    Maybe they started to catch up with the ungodly amount of bayld a lot of melee DDs were able to receive and immediately adjusted this before the Blinker Fiasco aka Gil Fountain Version 2.0 start happening with SoA.
    (0)

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast