Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I wasn't saying I don't like looking at gear and improving my character like every other player, but when I'm done looking at gear on community sites and fantasizing about owning it I would like to actually play the damn game. There's only so many times I can whack a giant tree or nest before it gets boring (not a lot).

Campaign was/is a lot more fun than Reives. People compare attacking roots to attacking fortifications but at least on my server that's exactly why offensive campaign areas were empty a great amount of the time.

If it's going to take us months to unlock Naakuals because of gated progression/takes me months to scrounge up the gil to buy a Skirmish set I don't see how that's much different from needing to wait months for them to implement Sandworm guts/Ixion.

When I spend $30 on a boxed expansion, I expect it to keep me occupied for more than about a day of play before I run out of things to do. Campaign had much better lastability because of the way the game was structured at the time- exp was actually hard to come by and it was the most effective way of gaining xp solo.

What they should've done is add some kind of lower level Skirmish that was easily purchasable with Bayld.
    I agree on the purchasing Skirmish pieces with Bayld, Maybe those Skirmishes only have a chance to drop the new weapons, and the Rewards would be "Midrium Ore" rather than "midrium ingots" like advanced smirkishes, so on so forth.

Or they could just add a Set of the currently obtainable Skirmish items to Inventor's Coalition for say, 100,000 Bayld, So while very high, you'd have a reason and goal when you're punching Crickets or Roots. Personally I did have a goal, the Peacekeeper body armor, but thanks to a bullshit voting system All i got to look at was really terrible weapons with a new coat of paint. *grumblegrumble*.

However, I have purchased the ~4-5 Pieces of armor i need from whats available, and even the Bayld SMN Staff (Cause im too lazy for Magian and it was easier)... Now im sitting at about 3k Bayld and decreasing reasons as to why bother getting more lol.

I admit, There are way to many forced walls with this expansion, the fact no one even knows how to begin the second Mission (it starts with the guy in Pioneer's Coalition, something about a banquet), and the fact no one has a clue how to progress toward Nakuuls says something.

I admit the expansion has a lot of flaws, and half of its out-of-box content is really hard to access, or just lackluster. I think that they had a lot on their plates (Expansion zones, Skirmish, new 2hrs, Play as a monster) to the point it was all too spread out and they didnt really have a lot of time to focus on the expansion.

Personally I still like the expansion, its fun for me, and I have things to do in it I just got little time to do it. I never expected this content to be remotely casual friendly as it was designed as 99 player content which means you're not going to be able to phone this one in like Abyssea.

Honestly, This is the most casual friendly expansion to date. Quests spell out their locations, A slew of CRAFTABLE level 99 Equipment that is amazingly good and easy to obtain (cant blame SE on crafters price gouging), most of which are clear improvements to anything else available short of R/M/E... And armor thats fantastic and super easy to obtain. These new sets even beat some old Best-in-slot pieces and are super casual to obtain.

This entire expansion introduced a lot of casual-friendly content, and some Hard-core friendly content. I just wish when they looked into "hardcore" content, they didn't think to themselves "Hmmm, How much of an unwarranted and Bullsh*t "Luck" factor can we shovel into this?".
    (3)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Honestly I don't even know why people are hitting roots all day the way they are. By doing the quests around town and only killing roots as needed (That is, from your ticket things), I'm getting the armor I want at a decent enough pace. Not like there's much else to spend it on, though I guess people are preparing for the inevitable rank 10 gear that'll cost 500,000 Bayld or whatever.

Basically my complaint comes down to when you remove reives (which is fun if you do it maybe once a week or something), you can do about two dozen quests and after that there's basically no content at all. They were probably banking on Reives being the moneymaker event to kick things off similar to how Campaign kept people really busy, but the problem is that the conditions of the game have changed considerably since WOTG and there's no incentive to do something as boring as Reives continuously.

Hopefully they'll take that into consideration and adjust Reives to be a bit more dynamic.
    (4)

Player
    Not like there's much else to spend it on, though I guess people are preparing for the inevitable rank 10 gear that'll cost 500,000 Bayld or whatever.
    I haven't paid much attention to .dats and such as of late so idk if this is known or not, but does anyone know if they even go above rank 3? I have been assuming after the 3 upgrades in each one of the coalitions because we only have 3 upgrade options anyways, maybe perhaps a fourth hidden one after the first 3. I'm only asking because if they cap at three then it also will kill off even more reason to do Reives unless they start to rapidly degrade after time, because otherwise it will simply let us get them all to 3 and kill off all need to do different ones, people will simply do the most rewarding and ignore the rest.
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Honestly I don't even know why people are hitting roots all day the way they are. By doing the quests around town and only killing roots as needed (That is, from your ticket things), I'm getting the armor I want at a decent enough pace. Not like there's much else to spend it on
    NPC Dimmian sell Naakuals KIs for only 100k Bayld, and is not even clear yet if you lose it upon entry, but they are in temp KIs section so let assume you do lose them...

Also, they found the NM immune to all dmg, maybe we also have to buy these potion at 40k bayld each =/

... /joy
    (0)

Character
    Chaossoldier
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilax View Post
    NPC Dimmian sell Naakuals KIs for only 100k Bayld, and is not even clear yet if you lose it upon entry, but they are in temp KIs section so let assume you do lose them...

Also, they found the NM immune to all dmg, maybe we also have to buy these potion at 40k bayld each =/

... /joy
    Exactly this ^ you'll be spending easily +300k Bayld for a single nakuual. Which would take months just to acquire enough bayld to do so. Now am I saying these should be spammed daily? No. I know these give very good rewards, but it shouldn't take half a year to acquire either. Maybe 2 months at tops, because you have to factor in these two things: 1) drop rate, I'm sure these pieces of gear/weapons won't flow like candy. So that slows progress for LSes doing them. 2) multiple people on the same item coupled together with drop rates and it's going to take awhile to get everyone in your LS the gear/weapons they want. That alone should be enough of a wait. Not having to take months to acquire pop items and what not. Hence why they need to let reives give the amount of bayld they once were or give a good fixed amount of say 1500 that they wanted.
    (1)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    one week or month bashing root/rock just to access the new content for couple minute, seem all except fun, who know, maybe they will add something more interesting in this expansion, but right off the box, this sound like a ripoff.

I don't even understand the rush of nerfing bayld in this case, maybe Camate can explain us about it, but to me it sound like the company trying to buy more time... So i can conclude that the only balance this "nerf" do is in the SE business account.
    (4)

Character
    Chaossoldier
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That's the thing there was no reason to nerf it except to slow our progression down, which is bullshit. I liked doing reives in all honesty, it was fun for me. Knowing at the end I was going to get a good reward for the work I was putting in to killing the mobs with my fellow players was nice. Now I can do the same amount of work and get nothing. Why should I participate in that event if I'm not going to get what I put into it. I would love to do skirmish but finding this entry pieces is like finding a needle in a haystack. And those that do find em sell em for outrageous prices.
    (3)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yup, they know there is not enough content, so what they do is to slow our progression to a crawl. This way they can justify charging us for the monthly subscription. Basically Abyssea is way too accessible, so they decided to put all these ridiculous gates with VW and Meeble (20 hours for stone and tag) and 20 limits for Meeble tags (instead of letting it be unlimited).

If you want some changes, you gotta put some action. Abandoning SoA is one way to show developers that their content sucks. They will have to change it, if players see there is no reasons playing SoA, word of mouth will spread and the people who are on the fence will not buy it. Or they would just create add ons - Abyssea V2.0 to get us buy again lol. WoTG was DoA and for 2 years after 2007 release, players abandoned the game - so Abyssea was born.

Do something if you are unhappy!! Show them the consequences of making way too complicated contents. Vote with your wallet!
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by LCofPandy View Post
    That's the thing there was no reason to nerf it except to slow our progression down,
    Actually, This is not the first time they released something and underestimated their players.

In this case, They didn't expect DD to be so darn good in it, and on the flip side, they forgot there were jobs in the game that weren't SAM, so all them Buffers/MagicDD got screwed... NOT REALLY, I they mentioned they nerfed those jobs because they expected players to AoE the buffs/Debuffs... Which in was a good idea in practice, absolutely horridly terrible in execution.

Basically Reive was a big pile of limitations that just screwed eachother from the beginning. They fixed most of it, But I do agree that the way they lowered it makes it feel a lot more slow than before.

However, this was the level in which it was intended to be gotten, I can still get ~1,500 Bayld per Reive or more if i Try hard, work with my team, and, unfortunately, am on the right job...

---

On a real note, this is not to say I'm completely okay with their design direction right now, and I'm running out of room to give them in understanding. I mean, It is really content light, and a lot of the content is riddled with barriers and luck(Skirmish)... While the rewards look super good, I don't think that makes up for the fact half the content is super hard to get into, let a lone any known information on it (rakuuls)
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-09-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There will be more uproars soon once people discovered that Skirmish is all about 0.05% RNG on drop hah ha hah And more RNG on items needed to unlock, and more bayld needed. Just piles of barriers to make sure no one will be able to get anywhere in a decent speed and casuals can only dreams about participating once every few months. Even VW and Meeble is not as bad as this. VW lets you stockpile your stones, and Meeble at the very least give you 10 to begin with.

With anything this company does, it really does not pay to be early adopters on anything they do. Best to leave it alone till they deemed it's a failure - even on their own terms, then actually do some works (hope to listen and read the feedbacks) and adjust the said contents to be playable.

I sure hate to read any further "Adjustment" news from them though, it never is a good thing.
    (2)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast