Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did SE lie

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The nuking change will especially benefit GEO, which literally has nothing better to do (aside from stun) while being a totem.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    Don't worry. Reive is spitting on ALL mages right now. Just continue what you were doing before the ZONE and QUEST expansion with your mage jobs.
    The recent changes seems favor RDM, BLU, PLD, DRK and mages overall. Straight up melee DD is getting reduced bayld now :P
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I would really like to see higher tiers of both for White Mage and Red Mage, or at least better scaling for players that were bothered to build an Enhancing set.
    Blink scaling with Enhancing magic has been suggested.....a lot...of times and basically went directly to BLU. I personally use it to blink single target nukes. TP moves generally get flourished, but if there really isn't a stun window then you can try to preempt them. Honestly Stoneskin works better for that though.

Stoneskin becomes better every time there is new stone skin gear piece, -enhancing magic casting time, or FC gear (though not really at this point because we can cap). I have everything but the pants off of new Ultima and I have always been happy with the progression and rewards of a good stoneskin set.
    (2)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Perdition
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Losie View Post
    I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that's a sad darn story. You want RDM to be a guaranteed-must-have in every single party, alliance, etc.? Well, I'm sure there are quite a few other jobs who have been the backseat red-headed step children for years, if not since their job came out, that would love the degree of desirability that red mages have long commanded.

Just play your character and enjoy the job - if the only reason you play RDM is because it's "the best" or something, then play whatever else is best. If you play RDM because you like it, then submit some ideas or something useful.. but this boohoo GEO got stuff I wanted for RDM so now I'm all mad is just silly. There are a lot of jobs that could use some more attention than red mages and have been left on the back burner for too long.
    I agree with you that ppl should stop whining about RDM, but I think that many RDM have a legitimate gripe in this thread. Redmage has recently had it's entire bag of tricks raided by other classes. It seems that in making new classes, SE seems to diminish the function of previously existing classes. The way SE has done this, is by giving these classes many of the same abilities as RDM, only they make those abilities better and more effective. In doing so, RDM has become somewhat of a depreciated job. Look at a job like WHM by comparison, WHM has some truly powerful spells that no other job can emulate. This makes WHM a major asset to groups of any size. Dnc is not substitute, RDM is no substitute, SCH is no substitute, nothing makes up for a lvl 99 WHM. By having unique abilities, it helps to define your role in the game. This makes you desirable in various different circumstances. So while every RDM does not desire to be wanted for everything, we do desire to have a purpose and function in a group setting. Unfortunately, so many other jobs can do what we do in a PT atmosphere, that we are not needed for anything. This is why RDM would like an update. By adding a unique ability that can be beneficial to a group, we would at least be able to justify our place in FFXI.

There was a time that RDM was one of two jobs that could access refresh, by virtue of this one spell, we could gain access to a PT. This was a good time to be a RDM, but things have changed. Now we lack a unique purpose that can justify us in any circumstance. We may be the best enfeebling class, but landing Para doesn't seem to matter anymore. In the days of ground kings, keeping Para, blind, slow etc... on Nidhogg and Faf was a big deal. Now a days, not so much. If you sift through all the whining, there is a really a sincere request to SE, the request is to make us relevant again, by giving us something to call our own that is actually useful.
    (2)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    funny when every new job comes out rdm whining about something.
    blu pup cor sch dnc and now rune & geo.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    funny when every new job comes out rdm whining about something.
    blu pup cor sch dnc and now rune & geo.
    Other jobs would probably do the same thing if they suggested things on their forums and it almost always seems to go to another job or a new job, rather than where it was suggested.
    (6)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's a shame and maybe even a bit mess up. But in the end it's their game. And these forums are here for the purpose of idea's and feedback to make this game better. I for one am glad to see the idea's used. Even if not for the intended job.

Honestly it would have alter RDM a lot to get those abilities and would have rewritten it's role in a drastic way as far as the aura stuff goes. I still think there's room for the single target spells. But lets be honest, this job is never going to get to a point where every one is happy with it again.
    (0)

Character
    Lyltia
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I just want to point out a few things regarding RDM and Enfeebling Magic:

-SE removed the full immunity to most debuffs that has characterized content since, I don't know, 2008? This includes all of the current, relevant endgame content in the game (Legion, NNI, Salvage II, Odin II, WoE, etc.)

-SE added the Immunobreak feature to White/Black Enfeebling Magic, which allows you to counter severe resistance with repeated casts. Keep in mind that they did not add this feature to Ninjutsu, Songs, Blue Magic, Elemental Magic, Dark Magic, etc.

-They adjusted the monster types that use AoE regular attacks to be affected by Slow and Paralyze.

-They adjusted the Attack/Defense formulas drastically in favor of Enfeebling Magic, whether by reducing a monster's attack directly via Bio, or indirectly through standard Slow/Paralyze/Blind. On a related note, if you haven't re-merited Bio3 yet, it's useful again.

There is no need to act like SE is ignoring the playerbase, or RDM in particular. I'd say that the only job that received a larger boost from the structural changes to the game over the past year or so is PLD, and they're not even finished yet.
    (3)
    Lyltia: RDM SCH BLM WHM NIN SMN BLU PLD THF DRK
    Aegis 95 Kannagi 90 Almace 90 Hvergelmir 90

Valkyri: BRD WHM COR THF RDM BLM SCH
    Daurdabla 99 Gjallarhorn 99 Armageddon 90 Twashtar 90

Player
    In everything you listed there was not a single unique enfeeble or ability in which would make you want a RDM along. I can stick enfeebles on my BLU now if I try hard enough simply because of Immunobreak, in my opinion it did more harm than good for that reason, even if its mainly in VW. Also, all that is RDM is not enfeebling magic, our melee is greatly ignored, which is one of the things we need so we are not just SCH without the stratagems and more enfeebling skill.
    (3)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    -They adjusted the monster types that use AoE regular attacks to be affected by Slow and Paralyze.
    I thought they half added that? It was my understanding that they were able to have para proc but couldn't get slow to affect those kinds of attacks and as such the Slow portion of that update will be implemented when whatever roadblocks have been circumvented.
    (0)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast