Thread: Why did SE lie

Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Himrik View Post
    Maybe someone missed the "One Geo limit, one Indi limit".
    Saying GEO is the master of enfeeble when it can only apply TWO at a time, at the expense of no buffs and close range is seriously overestimation.

A RDM can cripple lots of mobs with severals debuffs, resistable, indeed, but often landed sucessfully.
    The two effects limit is an excellent point! Let's also not forget the fact that these effects are centered right on a Luopon or on the Geomancer in question. This means for them to be affecting anything, they have to be right up in the thick of things. And Everyone knows most mobs these days don't really kill people with regular hits. Its all AoE wave motion cannon spam these days, right? That's going to lead to a dead Geomancer and a smashed Luopon pretty quickly.

Also, better hope that defense down Luopon didn't get smashed too quickly. It costs a rather impressive 294 MP to put it back out again.
    (3)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You should be using Indi-Frailty and Geo-somethingcheaper/less important since the GEO is more durable and can be Scherzo'd /Protected/Shelled /Stoneskinned / etc.

If you want the GEO to live, it's very easy to gear and buff the GEO to live. Keeping a Luopan alive will be harder, but not impossible.

I mean, for rullz. Geo doesn't exactly need its subjob so procided there is refresh support it could theoretically sub /WAR or /BLU and ride defender/cocoon with tacos.
    (1)
    Last edited by Asymptotic; 04-03-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    If you want the GEO to live, it's very easy to gear and buff the GEO to live. Keeping a Luopan alive will be harder, but not impossible.

I mean, for rullz. Geo doesn't exactly need its subjob so procided there is refresh support it could theoretically sub /WAR or /BLU and ride defender/cocoon with tacos.
    Certainly true! Steps can always be taken to mitigate the dangers of being at ground zero. I merely wished to point out to people that it wasn't just as simple as "cast debuffs and walk away". There are downsides to Geomancy beyond only being able to maintain only two effects - namely the really expensive high end geo-whatevers and the dangers of being constantly in AoE range.

Has anyone tested yet whether the Luopon will endure past the death of its creator? I'm curious, now, to know whether an untimely death will result in both debuffs being lost. For that matter, if a mob moves out of a colure's sphere of influence, does the debuff immediately wear off?
    (0)

It does disappear, just like any other pet job.
    (0)
    S to the M

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Himrik View Post
    Maybe someone missed the "One Geo limit, one Indi limit".
    Saying GEO is the master of enfeeble when it can only apply TWO at a time, at the expense of no buffs and close range is seriously overestimation.

A RDM can cripple lots of mobs with severals debuffs, resistable, indeed, but often landed sucessfully.

Did you think refresh was screwed when you saw that BRD can ballad ?
    Bullsh1t

RDM can not "cripple a mob", it can hurl insults and that's it. Or did you miss the part were NM's are immune to most of RDM's enfeebles with the few remaining being of little consequence. This makes RDM the master of Dia, nothing else.

Geo on the other hand has a wide range of unique unresistable debuffs that it can provide.

If it can get one good Geomancy debuff on the NM it's already stronger then RDM. By themselves Geo can do -23% defense on the NM, something that every RDM has dreamed of just SE strongly denied it with their above Dia comment.

And that's without even getting into Magic Evasion Down, Magic Attack Down and Magic Defense Down.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Perdition
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I'm posting this because as of this update two things SE previously posted here have been proved to be lies.

Firstly we've been asking for unique enfeebling spells, ones that reduce monster stats like Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, Magic Defense Down, Magic Evasion Down and so forth. The CR replied that there was limited spell space and SE didn't want to create any more spells then necessary.

Then they made GEO with something like 60+ unique spells, many of them copies of others.

Obviously they had plenty of room to create RDM unique enfeebling spells.

Secondly, we asked for aura's for our buffs and again the CR replied it would be too powerful. With Geo getting many Aura buffs this was again proven false. Not only do they get Aura buffs they get nearly unresistable Aura debuffs.

Finally, the unforgivable part. Everything up to now could be understood except this. Those Red Mage "unique" enfeebles we were asking for, they gave them all to GEO. Literally they copied the list I posted here and gave them to GEO.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Geomancer

Not going to list them all, but there is attack down, defense down, magic defense down, magic accuracy down, and most important F*CKING MAGIC EVASION DOWN.

Guys SE just made Geomancer the "master of enfeebling" as their range of useful enfeebles far surpasses Red Mages.

So now I'm wondering, why did SE lie to us when we asked those questions? Further why did SE not include RDM in several of those debuffs, release single target versions for Red Mage. It was bad before but this is just blatantly lying to our faces and then expecting us to be stupid about it.
    At this point, I am not surprised by the lack of RDM improvement over the last couple of years. I remember when RDM was not highly regarded back in the day, I also remember when we were the Pimps that everyone wanted. Perhaps they will throw us a bone, but in the meantime, I consider my RDM a solo player. At least we still have the tools to do that.
    (1)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    SE's plan was deceptively effective and we walked into it without realizing. We were thinktanked. Plain and simple, we stated ideas of gear we would use, spells we might like, abilities, functions, roles, and they collected them into a nice little file, wrote "good ideas" and flopped it on the dev's desk. He opened and began thoughtcrafting the new jobs to go with the new expansion. Problem, which this is an outrage, any new ideas we come up with are subject to 'theft'. Not to mention how we arent taken seriously anyway.

I agree that im not mad about GEO and RUN, i think they are pretty 'dern nifty 'eyup. But again even if we demand things, make ourselves known, we are just direguarded. And whats worse, while a lot of us are on the same page for what we need, others that saunter into our threads dont see it, and well, any DD would love to convert rdm into a pocket buffer so i dont blame them but, thats not what we want.

Im starting to think we need to do something drastic at this point, but i am unsure what would be the best course of action.
    (4)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The only 'drastic' course of action available to you that SE might react to in the way you desire is canceling your content IDs and voting with your wallet.
    (4)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkai View Post
    The only 'drastic' course of action available to you that SE might react to in the way you desire is canceling your content IDs and voting with your wallet.
    That will get their attention fast when all the RDM posters here have inactive account on their profile. So far SoA is nothing but a big disappointment, ruining a lot of other jobs in the process, and about to incite massive nerd rage on R/E/M holders very soon lol. A lot of the suggestions on RDM were being considered indeed - as 2 new jobs that is somewhat similar to what RDM could and should have been adjusted.
    (1)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Part of the problem is several years ago, when the game was stagnating around the time WotG came out and it looked like all the jobs the would ever release was released, there were many many Red Mages in allakhazam (this was before the official forums became a 'thing') who argued incessantly about making RDM more melee worthy.

I remember being rated down for suggesting that it wasn't a good idea to go that route and we should ask for enfeebles. Since then RDM got composure, Temper, Tier II enspells. Pretty much the wishlist of the DD RDM of the day.

Given how slowly SE reacts to problems (look at how Summoners have been severely gimped as BSTs leapfrogged them with PDT pets, better pets, pets with TH and pets with way more HP) I wouldn't doubt they kept those player feedback from 07/08 well into 2010 when they were adding new VW content and they decided RDM needed Temper more than a new major enfeeble.
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast