Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did SE lie

Character
    Lyltia
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    In everything you listed there was not a single unique enfeeble or ability in which would make you want a RDM along. I can stick enfeebles on my BLU now if I try hard enough simply because of Immunobreak, in my opinion it did more harm than good for that reason, even if its mainly in VW. Also, all that is RDM is not enfeebling magic, our melee is greatly ignored, which is one of the things we need so we are not just SCH without the stratagems and more enfeebling skill.
    You raise a salient point in regards to XXX/RDM(or whatever) but you have to keep in mind that RDM's massive advantage over them in Magic Accuracy through skill/merits/gear (including magian staves) does matter. If you have to cast 10 times on your BLU instead of 2~4 times on your RDM, that's a BLU being extremely worthless opposed to a RDM sticking his enfeebles and moving on to other tasks (not to mention vastly improved potency, which is the entire point of Immunobreak for RDM; it allows you to focus on potency over accuracy on harder targets). I don't give a flying shit about Voidwatch.

As for melee, you should check out the update notes, because SE just gave RDM the single biggest melee gift we never thought we'd get; that, and our melee has vastly improved since 75 through gear and magic. I'm half-convinced that the ones still gnashing their teeth over RDM melee either haven't played the job lately, don't have the gear/skill to support it, don't understand game balance and/or RDM's concept (In FFXI, I also don't give a flying shit about what RDM did in FFV)... or are just going through the motions out of ennui or something, which is understandable I guess.

I thought they half added that? It was my understanding that they were able to have para proc but couldn't get slow to affect those kinds of attacks and as such the Slow portion of that update will be implemented when whatever roadblocks have been circumvented.
    I have no idea; I didn't see that post, and I haven't been in a position to notice either way lately, so you're probably right.
    (0)
    Lyltia: RDM SCH BLM WHM NIN SMN BLU PLD THF DRK
    Aegis 95 Kannagi 90 Almace 90 Hvergelmir 90

Valkyri: BRD WHM COR THF RDM BLM SCH
    Daurdabla 99 Gjallarhorn 99 Armageddon 90 Twashtar 90

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    As for melee, you should check out the update notes, because SE just gave RDM the single biggest melee gift we never thought we'd get; that, and our melee has vastly improved since 75 through gear and magic. I'm half-convinced that the ones still gnashing their teeth over RDM melee either haven't played the job lately, don't have the gear/skill to support it, don't understand game balance and/or RDM's concept (In FFXI, I also don't give a flying shit about what RDM did in FFV)... or are just going through the motions out of ennui or something, which is understandable I guess.
    What is this update you speak of that I missed? I know our melee is better, we still get screwed though, I understand balance fine and have the gear to support my RDM, like Excalibur, and the best TP set I know of for RDM, but I still hate that they get mage gear on RUN while we get no light DD sets, people laugh at it but hell, I would take Pink and the new sets from Adoulin like RUN has for both light and DD sets. Rather than getting that kind of treatment though we are mage only, disappointing.
    (3)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 04-10-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Player
    I would still like to know about this thing SE 'just gave RDM the single biggest melee gift we never thought we'd get' and what exactly it is, cause after reading over the notes again I am still left clueless.
    (0)

Character
    Perdition
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    funny when every new job comes out rdm whining about something.
    blu pup cor sch dnc and now rune & geo.
    Not exactly... I remember when Blu & Pup arrived, Blu was nowhere near what it is today and RDM were still very coveted. Rdm never cared about Pup, nor dnc and I don't see how RDM even cares for Run either. Rdm concerns primarily exist in the realm of other jobs essentially taking all of our innate abilities and making them better, thus rendering RDM useless. Especially considering that a /50 rdm sub has access to many good rdm spells. If SE is to make a new job, they should come up with some unique abilities that distinguish the new jobs from the old jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't know anything about just gave, but Composure, Temper, Gain-STR, Dia III, and Requiescat have sated me lately. I usually TP at around 165 STR and not enough Attack to make DD headlines so I'm not really affected by the recent 1H adjustments. We didn't lose any potency nor toughness, which is good though.

TP gear is pretty crap, but WS gear is pretty attractive if you like Salvage.

ALSO gravity II landing on mobs in adoulin and me needing to use it and it working well has made me very happy.

Overall, I don't see why we should be complaining as much. We need the elemental magic adjustment to affect us somewhat positively and for it to be relevant and we could use some somewhat better TP gear, but RDM isn't going anywhere except into Adoulin as it pleases, which plenty of jobs cannot easily claim.

The only thing I'm not aware of is if new NMs are quasi-immune to enfeebles. That's about the only flash point I could perceptibly go off on. I have faith in SEs ability to anger me, but right now they seem to be doing ok. The lack of Occult Accumen and the current state of enspells + Excalibur will always bother me and most likely never be resolved.
    (0)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 04-10-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ill agree for me, the biggest issue is gear. Sitting on maat's cap and antares harness (or vara brigandine, kuzdu aketon) as well as 6 dex feet with no other beneficial stats, while pld and blu are stacking 11+ dex(AND STR) in most slots for CDC. And AGI is somewhat scarce for rdm too, so Extenterator arent anything amazing. If death blossom had a more potent str component and higher FTP then that would work, but the issue is somewhat in the ws department vs its mods and gear for it. Also dunno why, but Requiescat doesnt seem to work for me at all. I average pretty lame damage with this build http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/262215 (yes i know, room for improvement here or there, but averaging 1200s with str shikargar dual wield or even using a Sanus Ensis offhand doesnt seem to have the muscle im looking for. Tests in zeruhn mines and other locations, including abyssea, other relevent info is str/dex merits and sword capped merits). Course once i finish my Mori+1 gear that may change.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    What's your main-hand?

What's your merits?

Moon shade earring wants you to make it and so does Morrigan's +1. But I'm pretty sure you already knew that.

Your setup makes sense, but your output is low depending on what you are fighting. There are some mobs were KoR or DB does just as much as Req because of the Atk penalty or because they take reduced physical damage unrelated to weapon type so that Req isn't doing extra work for you.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Aldalos
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    What is this update you speak of that I missed? I know our melee is better, we still get screwed though, I understand balance fine and have the gear to support my RDM, like Excalibur, and the best TP set I know of for RDM, but I still hate that they get mage gear on RUN while we get no light DD sets, people laugh at it but hell, I would take Pink and the new sets from Adoulin like RUN has for both light and DD sets. Rather than getting that kind of treatment though we are mage only, disappointing.
    I'm curious about this update as well... I'm not seeing it on any of the boards unless I'm blind.
    (0)

Character
    Lyltia
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by NOC_EU
    The maximum amount of damage dealt based upon the attack-to-defense ratio is now the same for both one-handed and two-handed weapons.
    Therefore, there will now be occasions where the amount of damage dealt with one-handed weapons will be greater than before.
    Seriously guys, it's right there in the update notes in boldface.
    (0)
    Lyltia: RDM SCH BLM WHM NIN SMN BLU PLD THF DRK
    Aegis 95 Kannagi 90 Almace 90 Hvergelmir 90

Valkyri: BRD WHM COR THF RDM BLM SCH
    Daurdabla 99 Gjallarhorn 99 Armageddon 90 Twashtar 90

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The maximum amount of damage dealt based upon the attack-to-defense ratio is now the same for both one-handed and two-handed weapons.
    Therefore, there will now be occasions where the amount of damage dealt with one-handed weapons will be greater than before.
    Is probably what he means.

EDIT: Damn customers interrupting me.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast