Thread: Why did SE lie

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Why did SE lie

I'm posting this because as of this update two things SE previously posted here have been proved to be lies.

Firstly we've been asking for unique enfeebling spells, ones that reduce monster stats like Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, Magic Defense Down, Magic Evasion Down and so forth. The CR replied that there was limited spell space and SE didn't want to create any more spells then necessary.

Then they made GEO with something like 60+ unique spells, many of them copies of others.

Obviously they had plenty of room to create RDM unique enfeebling spells.

Secondly, we asked for aura's for our buffs and again the CR replied it would be too powerful. With Geo getting many Aura buffs this was again proven false. Not only do they get Aura buffs they get nearly unresistable Aura debuffs.

Finally, the unforgivable part. Everything up to now could be understood except this. Those Red Mage "unique" enfeebles we were asking for, they gave them all to GEO. Literally they copied the list I posted here and gave them to GEO.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Geomancer

Not going to list them all, but there is attack down, defense down, magic defense down, magic accuracy down, and most important F*CKING MAGIC EVASION DOWN.

Guys SE just made Geomancer the "master of enfeebling" as their range of useful enfeebles far surpasses Red Mages.

So now I'm wondering, why did SE lie to us when we asked those questions? Further why did SE not include RDM in several of those debuffs, release single target versions for Red Mage. It was bad before but this is just blatantly lying to our faces and then expecting us to be stupid about it.
    (37)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Here their post about "max capacity" BS.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post346123

Good evening!

As we are approaching max capacity for adding magic we are in a situation where it is difficult to add new spells on a short-term basis, and this is not only limited to red mage. To clarify, this doesn’t mean we cannot add new magic, it just means we first need to address the expansion of the magic spell capacity, so this will take a bit of time.

Next, in regards to some of the suggestions and requests we have been seeing.

Plague effect enfeebling magic spell:
    Since there are already abilities that add a plague effect, we don’t really feel a necessity to add it to red mage’s arsenal. Also, since DoT-related magic spells are scholars forte, this wouldn't be something that is unique to red mage.

Stronger version of Dia/Bio:
    Red mages already have Dia 3 and Bio 3 from merit points which are considerably powerful version of these spells.

As mentioned previously, the Development Team is looking into adding new spells that will be quite different from the current list available.
    I'll let you guys look up the one where they said Aura's would be "too strong".
    (12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    If you're going to say SE lied, then link quotes showing where they actually lied, not quotes where you skimmed through without actually reading and assumed something.
    (6)

Player
    Lying or not, they fucked RDM like normal. Like he said, they just made GEO a better enfeebler than RDM, which was the only viable role RDM had left it could fill and only if it got enfeebles that were new and unique. As of now, RDM has fewer enfeebles than GEO, many of the possible enfeebles have been taken if not almost all of them, so what exactly is there left for RDM that is unique? Amnesia? Good luck on that, super enfeebles like irremovable Para or Mute? Doubtful, not a ton of use in those anyways since most mobs do not remove their debuffs.

I admit, as much as I love my RDM I am about fuckin ready to quit the job or quit the game, I get screwed every update on upgrades to my job so it can see some use. We need unique enfeebles, nope, we need unique abilities to make us worth bringing, nope, we need light DD gear so we can be a jack-of-all-trades, nope, we need some form of DW, nope. This job wont be fixed, and SE doesn't care, they lie to us by telling us they have plans of RDM, but if so, where are the updates? Where are the plans? Are these like the Death Star plans where I have to send a group of Bothan spies to go steal them for me so I can figure out how to thwart the plan of the SEmpire? Its getting tiring getting screwed, can I have a piece of good news for once that will put me on my job for more than just 1 event, so I have something more to do than CSS ADL on my favorite and main job?
    (12)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    OMG! SE lied?! Say it isn't so!
    You mean, I'm going to get gear that enhances pet TH?! Oh no!
    (8)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    The CR replied that there was limited spell space and SE didn't want to create any more spells then necessary.
    First, the reply you quoted, which is incredibly relevant:

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Good evening!

As we are approaching max capacity for adding magic we are in a situation where it is difficult to add new spells on a short-term basis, and this is not only limited to red mage. To clarify, this doesn’t mean we cannot add new magic, it just means we first need to address the expansion of the magic spell capacity, so this will take a bit of time.
    Then this one which gives more information:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    As some of you have discovered since trying out the version update, the sorting for the magic and ability list was reset. Here's why that happened.

During the version update, we edited the internal aspects of magic data in order to prepare for the below:
    • Geomancy and other new magic categories/Addition of new abilities
    • Expansion for existing magic and abilities
    Basically, on the spell capacity issue, they've been pretty consistent, at least with spells that weren't already in the dats that they've been holding back because they're afraid of giving certain jobs any new toys (Red Mage's enfeebles, White Mage's nukes for example).

I'd dig up quotes for your other two points because I remember the Community Reps saying something about both points but searching these forums is a total crapshoot. If my memory serves me well I'd say they're not black and white refutations of your points, but they had important information that makes it a little more gray.

Obviously SE does have a track record of overpromising and underdelivering with FFXI, but I think that in this case it is slightly more ambiguous then you're making it out to be. I definitely support the general idea of being worried, especially since Red Mage isn't the only kid on the block having to share toys, but we can't be led astray with exaggeration, especially when we don't need it.
    (10)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why can't they just delete Geomancer and give the spells to Rdm and revamp Rdm to be the master of enfeebles and debuffing. They can get rid some of the duplicate spells on geo. I mean, as it is now, Geomancer is neither this or that, with only a few spells worth using, maybe 3.... And lets not forget that Rune Fencer is what melee Rdm should have been lol. SE totally screw RDM with this 2 new jobs, and they could have just revamped RDM and give us Geo spells or Rune Fencer abilities.
    (4)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Here their post about "max capacity" BS.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post346123
    Good evening!

Next, in regards to some of the suggestions and requests we have been seeing.

Plague effect enfeebling magic spell:
    Since there are already abilities that add a plague effect, we don’t really feel a necessity to add it to red mage’s arsenal. Also, since DoT-related magic spells are scholars forte, this wouldn't be something that is unique to red mage.

Stronger version of Dia/Bio:
    Red mages already have Dia 3 and Bio 3 from merit points which are considerably powerful version of these spells.

As mentioned previously, the Development Team is looking into adding new spells that will be quite different from the current list available.
    Lemme go ahead and bold the bits that make this not BS in the way you claim.
    (6)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Player
    It is still BS because rather than fixing this job they shit on it yet again.
    (8)

Character
    Lupus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    geomancer is atm a -1 red mage, stop it already. square has lots to do with the job still. remember scholar and all the changes it went through. geomancer is in the same position.

yes geo has a easier time doing it, but it's potency is the trade off and it's all fixed numbers like a ninja.

to meet a rdm's level of enfeebles, a geo has to use a ja every 5 minutes. to keep up with a rdm's 5 minute saboteur a geo has to use another ja every 10 minutes. to exceed a rdm's power, a geo has to use both ja's + it's ultimate ja and wait 1 hour each time. is that really a bad thing? we still get to use ours every 5 minutes instead of an hour.

as for new spells i think square is showing us what were getting, from geo. vex, languor, malaise, fade i think that's what were getting.
    (4)
    Last edited by rufuslupus; 04-02-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast