Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Why did SE lie

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    As I said a few posts ago, rather presciently, I don't know how I could possibly make this any simpler to understand.
    I don't know how I could possibly make it any simpler to understand either, that this update did not in fact help RDM as much as you claim if at all! If no job can hit attack cap, then guess what, the entire adjustment did nothing anyways, so I guess that the update you claimed...
    gave RDM the single biggest melee gift we never thought we'd get
    ...did nothing for us anyways, because no job capped before, the cap is all that changed, so no job can cap it now either, except possibly DRK, which is in fact the primary melee job I play.
    (2)

Character
    Lyltia
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If no job can hit attack cap, then guess what, the entire adjustment did nothing anyways, so I guess that the update you claimed...
    I clearly stated several times that no job hits the cap solo. They require buffs to do so, which are equal-opportunity.

If the only counterpoints you make rely on cherrypicking my posts out of context... You could always just concede, y'know. It won't make you less of a person. There's only two reasons I can think of for you to continue at this point; either you wear a helmet for everyday activities, or you're being willfully obtuse, because the logical fallacies that comprise the bulk of your arguments are pretty lightweight.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vicious; 04-13-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Lyltia: RDM SCH BLM WHM NIN SMN BLU PLD THF DRK
    Aegis 95 Kannagi 90 Almace 90 Hvergelmir 90

Valkyri: BRD WHM COR THF RDM BLM SCH
    Daurdabla 99 Gjallarhorn 99 Armageddon 90 Twashtar 90

Player
    Ok, with buffs, as I stated before, my RDM barley used to cap on Qilin, the easiest of VWNMs, and one of the few high tier things you could really fight as RDM. When was the last time you took a RDM with you into Dyna as well as a COR & a BRD so that it was possible to cap their attack on DC mobs? Never? Ok then, looks like we solved that problems. Simple fact is the update did nothing unless you are capping attack, on RDM that hardly ever happens because we have never gotten Brave as a spell which would enhance our Attack/Acc, if we did, we could say this update helped, in my opinion it did nothing except make Dia III a bit more useful in some cases.

I am not attempting to 'cherrypick' your posts either, most of them have said the exact same thing, that somehow that capped attack ratio being changed is this super amazing update that RDM got which is so powerful for us. In reality we get little if anything from it, in my opinion we lost more than we gained, how? I used to go in VW and do no worse than THFs or NINs going all out, capping their attack, because my RDM had a little less attack and yet better gear and could keep up off of WSs and higher damage on my weapons, now, not so much, because the attack gap got bigger between us, and it put them ahead. Is that a personal problem? Yes, it is, but its also a detail, we have lower attack than other jobs no matter how you look at it and if that is the case this update put us further behind other jobs, rather than putting us ahead, because we have the hardest time capping with buffs or without them.

If I have 640 Attack, and the THF in my party has 650 Attack before buffs, we are not to far apart. When that THF uses Berserk and Aggressor, their Attack and Accuracy far exceed mine, but lets just go with attack like we have been. Berserk is a +25% increase, so that alone puts their attack at 812, Chaos, assuming the COR has Relic+2 head that would be +35% more, so RDM would goto 864 while the THF goes to 1096. See that giant gap? So unless the RDM caps attack, the THF will likely have a huge advantage over RDM in attack, which is a problem for RDM meleeing, because now even the single handed jobs are able to pass it up in damage where as they used to be on somewhat even ground.

Though this is really getting annoying, you will probably just say what I said is irrelevant and tell me how this change with buffs somehow makes RDM better still than it was even though hitting the cap is highly unlikely you will get said buffs unless your in content where you still will probably not be capping with them anyways.
    (1)

Character
    Lyltia
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Right, mainly because you only mention a handful of the many, many ways to tilt the ratio in RDM's favor and/or dismiss them outright. Last time I checked, in high-buff situations I'm getting at least two Minuets, Chaos, Warcry rotation at the absolute least, as well as eating attack food and applying Dia3, Angon, etc. If you aren't capping attack in these situations, even at the new cap, you suck, plain and simple. It is irrelevant if other 1H jobs start at a slight advantage in attack, it still caps at the exact same value for all jobs, and RDM is more than capable of reaching it in spite of their slight disadvantage. Also, as stated above, /NIN is always the wrong subjob choice in these situations, so you're doing it wrong right from the start, making your analyses invalid. Go away already.
    (1)

Player
    Also, as stated above, /NIN is always the wrong subjob choice in these situations, so you're doing it wrong right from the start, making your analyses invalid. Go away already.
    Ok, /NIN is the wrong subjob when DDing on RDM. I will just go away, you obviously know much more than me when it comes to DDing on the job...
    (0)

Character
    Lyltia
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Are we nuking posts without comment now SE, or are your servers just garbage?

...I suppose it's the latter, then. I'm not sure which is worse; the general lack of intelligence among the posters here, or SE's inability to run a low-traffic forum in 2013. Either way, I won't be wasting any more of my time with this dreck.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vicious; 04-15-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Few days late but time to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    (#1A)What's your main-hand?

(#2A)What's your merits?

(#3A)Moon shade earring wants you to make it and so does Morrigan's +1. But I'm pretty sure you already knew that.

Your setup makes sense, but your output is low depending on what you are fighting. There are some mobs were KoR or DB does just as much as Req because of the Atk penalty or because they take reduced physical damage unrelated to weapon type so that Req isn't doing extra work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Ill agree for me, the biggest issue is gear. Sitting on maat's cap and antares harness (or vara brigandine, kuzdu aketon) as well as 6 dex feet with no other beneficial stats, while pld and blu are stacking 11+ dex(AND STR) in most slots for CDC. And AGI is somewhat scarce for rdm too, so Extenterator arent anything amazing. If death blossom had a more potent str component and higher FTP then that would work, but the issue is somewhat in the ws department vs its mods and gear for it. Also dunno why, but Requiescat doesnt seem to work for me at all. I average pretty lame damage with this build http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/262215 (yes i know, room for improvement here or there, but averaging 1200s with

(#1B)str shikargar dual wield or even using a Sanus Ensis offhand

doesnt seem to have the muscle im looking for. Tests in zeruhn mines and other locations, including abyssea, other relevent info is

(#2B)str/dex merits and sword capped merits).

(#3B)Course once i finish my Mori+1 gear that may change.
    So as you can see, kinda thought of the same things you just asked. Still not feeling that umph. Race is hume male, sub of either dnc or nin, still doesnt give me that snap i want to feel.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'll tell you as an Elvaan with STR/MND merits and an Excalibur, Req is very powerful, very consistent, and in some cases very broken. Dia 3 + Box step lvl 5 does good things for your numbers.

I doubt I would play RDM as anything but Elvaan with my merits as they are. It doesn't mean I think you shouldn't, but I intentionally made this character because I wanted to to be a melee RDM that used DB, which then was amended into Req (I still love DB). Yeah I made a relic, it only took a couple of months of daily dynamis. I'll probably make a mythic if i play for long enough.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I clearly stated several times that no job hits the cap solo. They require buffs to do so, which are equal-opportunity.
    BRD/NIN with gjallarhorn can reach the 80% delay reduction cap by themselves. I think even BRD/DNC can too... forget what the dualwield level is on /DNC.

And as long as I'm here, yeah, RDM has it rough right now, but some jobs have it worse, and GEO isn't as good as people make it out to be. GEO specializes in AoE damage and auras, but they lack any native crowd-control besides gravity aura. The only way they could sleepga that angry swarm of enemies they just hit with thundara II is if they subbed SCH and used a book. Or /BLM if it's trash enemies with no resist at all... or elemental seal I guess...

My point is that GEO lacks several things RDM gets. RDM has vastly better survivability, vastly better crowd control, the ability to inflict more than 2 status effects on an enemy at any given time, the ability to grant more than 2 buffs on allies at any given time, and better melee abilities. The biggest thing GEO has going for them is that defense down aura which caps at 13%.
    (1)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    BRD/NIN needs Oynos Knife to floor delay without Soul Voice - I guess that counts but it's a specific enough requirement that it should be mentioned

BRD/DNC cannot do it without Soul Voice - but if we're counting SP then MNK can hit the floor
    (1)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast