Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Airek
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Sambas dont work for RUN

While I was leveling up my RUN today, I noticed my Drain and Aspir Sambas were not working when I was subbing /DNC. Anyone else have this issue or can explain why they don't work for RUN?
    (0)

Character
    Sylvin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Airek View Post
    While I was leveling up my RUN today, I noticed my Drain and Aspir Sambas were not working when I was subbing /DNC. Anyone else have this issue or can explain why they don't work for RUN?
    This is because only one status type can be attached for a weapon. So, I think you'll find that drain and aspir sambas do work, as long as you don't do any rune elementals.
    (3)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvina View Post
    This is because only one status type can be attached for a weapon. So, I think you'll find that drain and aspir sambas do work, as long as you don't do any rune elementals.
    Only one Additional effect can proc per weapon hit.
    (2)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Player
    Another job screwed by additional effect stacking problems.
    (4)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Another job screwed by additional effect stacking problems.
    ...gtfo....
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    ...gtfo....
    What? I'm just hoping the fact a new job is effected by the problem might draw attention to it, things like Excalibur being screwed by enspells, sambas being screwed by runes, maybe one day they will fix these issues.
    (2)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    What? I'm just hoping the fact a new job is effected by the problem might draw attention to it, things like Excalibur being screwed by enspells, sambas being screwed by runes, maybe one day they will fix these issues.
    It's not an issue if they don't want the things to work together to begin with. Why the hell should Sambas work with EVERYTHING? Especially RUN's Runes.
    (2)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's already been long and well established that Sambas' Additional Effect is low on the totem pole. This isn't news. If you want a Samba to proc, make sure you're not getting a proc from your Runes, end of line.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    It's not an issue if they don't want the things to work together to begin with. Why the hell should Sambas work with EVERYTHING? Especially RUN's Runes.
    It is an issue, it lowers the effectiveness of certain weapons and subjobs because they have not programed the game in a way that allows multiple of these effects to stack upon one another, something which should be changed. In all honesty I couldn't care less about the fact it effects RUN, other than it may help my RDM if attention is brought to it because RDM and PLD would not have to choose between the additional effect on the weapon or the enspells they can cast on themselves. Really though there is not a good reason effects like this can not stack on top of one another, they should just make it so you can not have the same effect proc on a single hit. So if I have drain samba up and my other 3 friends do, I am not gaining 4 times the HP, but if I have enspells up and runes on me at the same time I should be getting 2 additional effect damages not only one.
    (0)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Samba + Enspell + weapon En-effect = probably not something the dev team is willing to allow.

Or, Blood Weapon + Haste Samba + Endark + Additional Effect: Death, for that matter.
    (2)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast