Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pentikiki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 80
    So wait, your issue is your avatar can't hold hate off your melee hits?
    That is merely an example of the problem. The problem is, as the OP states, a general problem with enmity.

It's not merely that my avatar can't hold hate from my hits, it's that an in game entity which is, reasonably speaking, far more powerful in every respect than i am cannot hold hate from my melee hits, even after doing significant damage to a target.

It's like a black mage auto-attacking with a staff and getting enmity over a samurai with a great katana.

Edit:Added quote for clarity
    (7)
    Last edited by Pentiki; 04-03-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I seriously hope they are addressing this issue and do another emergency update to fix it. Since this is really affecting everyone who plays pet jobs, or mages in general. If this is only affecting SoA areas, it would not be such a huge deal since we can just avoid the expansion until further notice. As it is now, it renders the game unplayable for those who just want to explore and do a little farming, not to mention everyone else who like to just log and play with their pet jobs or those people with dual box account.
    (4)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentiki View Post
    It's like a black mage auto-attacking with a staff and getting enmity over a samurai with a great katana.
    This is a pretty good analogy here. And after doing some more tests tonight, the problems are still there and how. So this update didn't fix anything.
    (3)
    My other car is a summoner.

Character
    Segasaturn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My SMN 99 was having the same problem with hate i basically cant keep hate on any of my avatars.
    2,000 DMG Wind blade and I whack the damn mob with 1 melee hit and i pull hate......and i better hope i dont cast cure IV or i'm DEAD.
    (3)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Welcome to not being able to pet burn, exactly how it should be.
    (0)

Maybe this is intended they got sick of people pet burning stuff like odins.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zumi; 04-03-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Winrie View Post
    Welcome to not being able to pet burn, exactly how it should be.
    Trolling much? I am testing it now and so far I have no issue with Leviathan holding hate in Abyssea. I can cast all the self buffing spells all I want - after one nice Grandfall that drop a big chunk of mob HP, it is enough to show who is the boss. Used both whm subs and sch subs, spam helix and water, water 2. Burn pet burn!! Kill em all my avatar and minions!!

I also melee it, cast dia, paralyze, etc.. Maybe they did ninja fix today without mentioning it since that would admit there is a problem, now they just saved face. In case anyone wonder, saving face is a big deal in Asian country.

Btw, I am doing the magian trial for leviathan staff killing 150 lizard type creature - in Aby Ugly Range vs Adasaurus. So far not once hate is shifting once Grand Fall take a big chunk of mob hp.
    (1)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 04-03-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Maybe this is intended they got sick of people bet burning stuff like odins.
    I honestly think this is the case. With pets at least.
    (0)

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Maybe this is intended they got sick of people pet burning stuff like odins.
    A bunch of level 99 pets shouldn't kick the bejesus out of a level 80-85 mob? Are you high?

Despite a whole lotta hate towards pet jobs, if I'm killing something with my pet, I should never get hate just by casting dia II on it. And that's what happened tonight. My pet was was hitting and doing damage to to an umbril, and that thing pursued me to the ends of the earth for one frigging spell. No matter how many times my pet hit it, it would break off and go for me.

That's broken...point blank.

Fix this already.
    (6)
    Last edited by Aldersyde; 04-03-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hate seems to be rather all over the place in SoA. Killed a couple of mobs there, even after Grandfall, after a short time, the mob will go after me. I fought twitterym mob, maybe they have hate reset? Did kill the big mantis with no hate issue at all, may have to kill several mobs to find out if it is indeed broken so bad. Killed a couple random mobs in SoA areas, hate is definitely broken here, need fix really bad!!
    (0)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 04-03-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast