Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Svens
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    While my idea sounds technically difficult, may as well suggest it. This would apply to any event that involves evaluation such as Campaign, Besieged, Walk of Echoes, and Reives. It's been stated that SE is afraid of giving support/healing jobs too much credit for their actions as it would lead to cure cheating and song/buff spamming. To combat this, I propose that any healing/buffing done on another character that has earned a higher evaluation gets some of their evaluation transferred/copied over to the healer/supporter.

This way, simply cure cheating or spamming buffs in a corner repeatedly does nothing, but spamming buffs/cures on a DD/tank targeting the mobs/NM/objective will yield a decent amount of points, like it should. I've recently done all of these evaluation events as a DD and Sch pair and it's kinda sad that the sch keeping me alive gets significantly less points excelling at their job versus me auto attacking and wsing.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    I'd like to know about the balancing issue i'm having on PLD. I get no reward for super tanking while taking zero damage or close to zero because of good damage taken set + phalanx and ochain.

The rating system should take a look at total amount of damage midagated, as well, when determining rewards/xp/bayld. Include shield blocks activated, parries, attacks evaded, and counters proc's also.
    PLD/RDM(thf dnc or nin) equip a dagger and edge everything, or you could just adjust your pdt set so you take a little more dmg and cure yourself
    (2)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    (attempting) to tab through the 40 people attacking the obstacle is really obnoxious.
    It is, which is why it's smarter to /assist on a player attacking the reive target.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    It's my understanding that killing mobs nets you zero credit for bayld, that you need to hit the root for damage to register. Is this correct or would someone who exclusively killed adds get bayld rewards? I say this because when I did revive I must of killed a ton of adds and never got any reward for it, eventually I just stopped messing around as it was clearly broke.
    Bit of a late response, but this is my understanding of the evaluation system:

1) You get XP commensurate with the actions you perform. Like Campaign, this includes damage done, damage taken, amount cured, statuses removed, etc. Each category has its own cap, so performing actions in all categories gains you the most total XP per evaluation.

2) You get Bayld proportionate to the amount of damage that has been done to the roots during the evaluation. The total Bayld amount cannot be higher than your XP evaluation value.

The simplest approach is having everyone attack the roots while the mobs are slept. However that's non-optimal for almost everyone involved.

The Bayld distribution is evenly split among all participants. So, say there's 20 players and 10,000 total Bayld paid out, giving each player 500 Bayld. You only get 500 Bayld if you did at least 500 XP-worth of damage during that period, which, vs the roots, is unlikely except for the strongest of DDs since the roots take reduced damage (severely limiting damage output relative to player strength, and thus reducing actual XP reward). Most players will not have done enough to get the full Bayld payout (ie: if your XP and Bayld are the same, you're in this situation).

The optimal gain for all players is when everyone gains more XP than is paid out in the Bayld split. In order to do that, you want only a few people on the roots, and most people on the mobs. The fast mob respawn rate means that there should generally always be some mobs out for players to beat on. Lots of AOE damage means lots of opportunities for curing, both of which gain you more XP as well. Get lots of XP, and that means you have sufficient buffer to gain all of the Bayld that is being generated by the people on the roots.

People on the roots should be those who can do lots of damage there -- the stronger DDs, or those using AOE weaponskills to compensate for lesser damage on the roots themselves (since the AOEs can do damage to surrounding mobs), along with some curing and such. Support and tank jobs should not be on the roots (unless there's nothing else to do) since they won't be able to do enough to maximize their XP meter each evaluation. They generally do better focusing on the mobs, and curing people (gathering up in a party so that you can curaga can also gain you quite a bit).

Note that if you constantly cycle through reives, you actually have about 15 minutes to complete each one (in Ceizak, anyway). That means you can be quite leisurely in your progress, and not worry about killing the roots ASAP, allowing everyone participating to build up sufficient XP each eval that they can get their full Bayld payout. Unfortunately people have more of a zerg mentality, finishing each reive in maybe 5 minutes, and probably having most people get only half of their total potential payout.

The best I've managed in a reive is a total of about 4000 Bayld (only hit that once). On dnc (a mix of damage and curing keeping XP high) I can usually get around 3000-3500. On rdm I could get 2500 in some reives, but under 1500 in others (butterflies in particular) due to having difficulty raising my XP score. Mnk was generally fairly solid around 2500, but limited because I couldn't do much aside from straight damage, so my XP was just hitting the category cap.

So based on my experience, I'd guess that the total payout of all the damage done to the roots is 4000 Bayld. The amount you actually get depends on how well you can keep ahead of the damage being done to the roots. The more people on the roots, the less likely that is.
    (3)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Expand all reive fighting areas, it's way too small of an area to fight in.

Double duration of warning for out of bounds, add a <call> to the warning itself.

Address the lag, there's not even many 99GEO's yet in reive, I'd hate to see a few. . .

Shorten penality to five minutes if you exit a reive, make it so the penality for exiting a reive is only for that zone, I hate it if I pass thru a liar reive on my way thru a zone i can't start in the reive on the other side for ten minutes, just because a lair reive was up and it was in the way . . .
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The biggest problem is that explanation on how you do Reives and getting rewards are VAGUE at best. People do not really go out and seek information other than hopefully someone will tell me what to do, or I will just follow what others do. Right now the rewards are not evenly distributed, melee still gets more rewards than mages (even the mages who can do it all).

And worst of all, everyone is so dumb that they hit the roots over and over instead of FOCUS on the mobs and FARM bayld this way. They don't listen even if you try to explain how to do it the right way, most 80-90% of them will come as melee jobs because the lag is very horrible, it's easier to auto attack the roots and ignore everything else. The roots destroyed in 3-5 mnts, everyone gets 500-1000k bayld, then back to auto follow the crowd, or sitting AFK for 50 mnts till repop time. Fun, fun, fun indeed....
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    It's entirely too difficult to target the obstacles, they're only target able from certain angles, buried within objectively pointless objects (lol)

Can you make the targets larger or place the attack point above the obstacle instead of (inside).

F8 does -not- target the root/rock, it targets the mobs on the other side...

(attempting) to tab through the 40 people attacking the obstacle is really obnoxious.
    This. The root/rock is obscured except at exactly the right angle. You have to tab through players, tab through mobs on this side or the other side, all the while positioning yourself to be able to see the target.

To the poster who suggested assisting someone already attacking it, that's a decent workaround but does not address the problem at all. Sometimes the target you want to attack is not being meleed. Plus you lose valuable time not doing anything.
    (2)

I've tried the assist thing, While its helpful, sometimes its hard to even find names of people in the crowd when you got a lot of people fighting, you might turn down Players displayed or so forth... Its a good work around for a mild-severe inconvenience, but I do think a proper resolution for it would be nicer. Though IDK what they could do... I'll be adding a few more ideas to the OP, I really like them. Keep em coming
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Somehow, someone has been able to make reive's even more annoying. WTF is up with Morimar Basalt Fields??? The mobs spam AOE, stun, AND knockback, turning your player around even! That, plus the enimty being still screwed up, makies the most annoyingly cheesy mobs in a long time. I don't mind difficult, I hater cheesy. give them 1000 attack, i don't care, just WTF is up with knockback in reive? It's bad enough of a grind as it is, but were the hell is the fun in this bullshit??? Get over there and play a reive in that place and tell me you'd want to pt there.

SE really knows how to annoy people.

Not only does the zone have crooked and difficult spots to tank but the mobs are so cheesy . . .

I wouldn't dream that the DEV will fix the moves of these mobs or rep them with a different, harder but less chessy one, after all I still only see 4 when I have 5 shadows up for utsusemi, so that kinda gives me the impression that once SE looks at something, if it dodn't get fixed at t5hat time it never will.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 04-29-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You wouldn't believe how fun it gets once a summoner or two decide to join in.
    (0)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast