Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Geomancy spell effect repeats when switching gear

When I have an Indi aura up and switch visible gear, and the new gear has loaded, the Indi spell's final casting animation repeats on my character. It's the spinning light that sort of "snaps" to the character body before you see the aura appear. In fact, while the blinking of my character is occurring, the aura disappears. It's as if the snapping animation is required to produce the aura effect.

Since I'm only level 30 right now, this isn't a huge issue because I have little reason to gear swap. However, I'm afraid I won't be able to tolerate the effect spam at 99, when gear swapping is common. I also don't know how much of a problem it will be to lose the aura image while blinking.

Are other people seeing this behavior? Is it as much a hindrance at high levels as I fear?
    (0)

Character
    Snozeberry
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm seeing this at 97 as well, I'm wondering if the spell changes it's benefits based on the gear you are wearing (and/or recasts itself?) Is this like the SMN buff that goes away for a short time after blood pacts? Things to test.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    That's an interesting theory on why the animation occurs - that the aura potency actually changes with current equipment rather than being set on cast. Like enspell 2 rather than 1. Is there a way we can know that now? I don't think anyone has discovered a modifier other than geomancy and handbell skills, and as of now we have no way of enhancing those with gear.

Still, I'd like to see the additional animation and overly loud sound effect on swap disappear. I'm sure I'll be fine losing the aura while blinking, but that swirling light animation every few seconds seems extreme at the moment.
    (0)

Character
    Snozeberry
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I assume un-equiping your hand-bell would be enough to drop you a teir, and also cause the animation. I'll test it when I get home.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I dont believe it has anything to do with potency changes or anything of the sort. The re-animation is strictly because you blinked. The aura (and thus range of the effect) became invisible, so it reanimates so party members can see and thus try to remain in range to recieve its effect. Unlike avatarts which do not blink, and dont have a visual range for the effect.
    (0)

Character
    Snozeberry
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Tested this last night, un-equipping the handbell didn't appear to make any difference to an already casted indi-refresh.
    (0)