Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    Maybe just a large glowy ring?
    This is the correct suggestion. This should've just been the default effect, it fits in with the lore just as fine anyway. I think it should just look like the summoning ring. It's not hard on CPUs, it takes away the headaches, and it accomplishes gameplay considerations. Make the inside of the ring look fancy if you want to.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's getting really annoying now with all those Geo skilling up in Abyssea with their noxious cloud of death, You can imagine how grating this when they start swarming the Reive events and bring more lag on already very laggy events..... Maybe the purple butterflies will go straight for them since you know, AOE bubbles of death, at least they will hit the dirt faster than you can say, god bless!
    (0)

Player
    Its annoying for party members of the GEO because it envelops our entire screen when the GEO is in range, especially when the GEO has up both a Geo and a Indi spell in close proximity, then I have to see two intersecting domes of two different colors/patterns/speeds/effects on my screen, one is large and green and the other is reddish brown and the animations are on top of eachother and annoy me, I can't even see what I'm fighting. Need to change the opacity of the GEO's sphere effects by a much wider margin, they're not translucent enough. Few suggestions:

1) Make the opacity lighter to make the dome more translucent.
    2) Instead of making it a constant animation, make it pulse on and completely off every 10-15 seconds so it's less obnoxious.
    3) Make the animation a circle on the ground(energy eminating from the earth rather than an awkward dome). The circle on the ground animation can look like the Summoning Magic sigil that appears on the ground when an Avatar spawns, only larger and less complex. Making the GEO's spells a 2-Dimensional circle on the ground is way easier to judge its range than a giant bubble.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 04-05-2013 at 12:27 AM.

I saw this at first and though, "how stupid." Sure enough I jumped on Geo and i'm ready to gag and i have that motion sickness-like headache. I think i would just prefer a very thin, glowing ring.
    (1)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Turning it off would make no sense as it would leave you without being able to see its range. However I do think they need to make an option that changes how it looks, one option that has it looking like it does now, and the other which has it as a basic bland colored sphere. The bland sphere would not be moving colors like this one is, and would be a single color which can be seen through that makes a very noticeable line on the ground where it intersects. That would make GEO much easier to work with for everyone I think.
    I had a hard time right now finding when I am in effect or out of the effect >.>

http://www.tentonhammer.com/image/view/41664/preview
    I played wow among other games and I never got motion sickness or whatever the GEO spell is doing to make me ill. How come blizzard can make sphere spell effects easy to see that don't make people ill?

I think that is causing it is the size of it (it reaches high in the air) with the long stripes of empty space with sudden colors that consistency move. If it was more of a sold color like anti magic barrier it might solve the issue. Regardless after doing a 30 minute einherjar I refuse to play the game with one. In fact it is 2 hours later and my head is still spinning. I am ticked off that SE seems to be lacking in the testing department.

I did not notice there was another thread already about this, I was so ill I loged off, poped on the forms, made the thread and layed down. This has NEVER, NEVER happened to me before on a game.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...rapic-turn-off.

Does anyone know if the other language forums has a thread on this issue?
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-05-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    Does anyone know if the other language forums has a thread on this issue?
    Last I checked the JP GEO forum there was just one big GEO thread. I perused it and found some references to epilepsy and 3D sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    noxious cloud of death
    I laughed. I think Spank called them Lagopans...lol

I think SE got sick of trying to smoke people out of XI and into XIV with rng events and finally decided to pull out the tear gas. The spheres were just annoying at first, but in certain confined areas they are actually making me ill.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    confined areas like einherjar?

This is the only place I really seen a GEO (my playtime is a lot less then it used to be) just wondering if I match the confined area complaint.
    (0)
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Try leveling in Crawlers' Nest. I was in there with myself as GEO and 3 other GEOs. That adds up to 8 effects going at one time. The sad part is at that level we don't even have 8 effects to split between people evenly and the bonuses of the effects don't stack, so we had people with luopans up just to have them up. @.@
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Jehm
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    I completely concur. Even though I don't experience any of the problems as stated in previous posts; there are those of us that may play the game and have health conditions which could be adversely affected by the animation of the Geomancer job...and in order to ensure those players have a fair shot at game play, Square Enix should be committed to adjusting this aspect of Geomancer's animation.
    This is a very good point. I have actually been in Linkshells with members that had health conditions and treatment/medicine has vertigo as a common side effect. MMOs are a great escape for these players i can imagine, and i would hate for any of them to have to log off because of the GEO animations making them dizzy; ;. Linkshells might have to end up banning GEO from events to make these kinds of players feel welcome.

Hopefully SE does something quickly, the last thing they need is a reddit story about someone puking after playing FFXI >.> it will be the 18hr AV fight all over again.
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Someone told me that getting sick from the spell is a player problem not a GEO problem.

Is it normal to feel offended by such a statement? I am ticked.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast