Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jehm
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Geomancer makes me sick :(

I have been anticipating GEO for a long long time. I love the lore for the FFXI version and I think the job sounds very fun. I even had gear ready to level it without abyssea burning.

But, now that the expansion is out there is one major problem, I CAN NOT play GEO!
    The constant swirling animation of the GEO's sphere effect causes me to have motion sickness, and so far I have been unsuccessful in turning the effect off.

I have talked with friends and while I understand this may not effect everyone I have been getting feedback that others are getting headaches or motion sickness as well.

I would hate to never be able to experience this content because of this, so I ask can the effect be able to be turned off for a short term fix and maybe options later to reduce the elaborateness of the effect of maybe the transparent value of the animation.
    (27)
    Last edited by Jem; 04-01-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Player
    Turning it off would make no sense as it would leave you without being able to see its range. However I do think they need to make an option that changes how it looks, one option that has it looking like it does now, and the other which has it as a basic bland colored sphere. The bland sphere would not be moving colors like this one is, and would be a single color which can be seen through that makes a very noticeable line on the ground where it intersects. That would make GEO much easier to work with for everyone I think.
    (3)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I do agree there should be a toggle to simplify the effects of the Geo/Indi- spells. One as is, and as Demon said, one that just clearly indicates the edge of the bubble.

I don't get sick from them yet, but there are some that I can see inducing sickness easier than others. Just compare Voidance to Poison for an example.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes I totally agree with this, the bubble sphere is a total annoyance, they should give us another option to turn this off or change it.
    (2)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Maybe just a large glowy ring?
    (7)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I absolutely agree with this. The still shots looked luminescent. The animated footage looks like sewer gas. Beyond aesthetics I'm also tired of party members insisting I need to eat less beans.

Seriously though, the spheres are distracting at best, sickening at worst. They're also difficult to make out when the color of the sphere blends with the zone terrain. I was hoping myself for an option that allowed them to appear as a simple 2D solid colored circle.
    (3)

Character
    Jehm
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    for now the option to turn them off, maybe filter or via txt command would still be helpful. Most players know what 6 yalms is by now and don't need the effect to know if they are getting the buff much like the invisible sphere effect from pulse armor. And again this would be something they can add quickly before this becomes a permanent stain on the way players view the job.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I personally have no issues with this but i can see where some may, so i am not against a flat display for this, and other select effects (ice-spikes, enspells, etc) that tones them down visually.
    (0)

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They should just tone it down a little, with an aura up and weather I can barely see my character lol
    (1)

Player
    There should definitely be a graphics setting to tone these effects down. I can understand why there isn't one yet, as only a handful of people had looked at the effects for a lengthy period of time, but I'd love to have such an option by the next update or two.

In addition to the lag that almost any lighting or glow effect can cause because FFXI is coded weird, the constant motion of the auras bothers some people on a physical level. That's really not okay. I get that it wasn't foreseeable, but still, totally not cool.
    (8)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast