Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    most people will probably hate on this idea, but in alot of ways geo seems more likely to be a mage party buffing job than a melee one as is its refresh climbs pretty fast with skill and it has matt and macc buffs as well as int not to mention an ability (blaze of glory) that increases the pets buff(tho cuts its hp in half), tho for the melee side they have ana blity that makes there pet undamageable. atm i know this is meh but after the magic changes who knows 4 blms a sch and a geo could become a battle field set piece again.
    (1)

Player
    The main problem GEO has is that BRD and COR can pop in a party, buff, and gtfo, GEO has to stay in that party at all times for them to get the effects, taking up space.
    (1)

Player
    After seeing more and more numbers for Geomancer's enhancements, with real "gems" such as an attack buff that looks like it will cap in the neighborhood of 15% and +STR, DEX, Etc. spells that appear to cap lower than the similar line from my White Mage, it's looking more and more like any value Geomancer has will come from its enfeebling effects.

The enfeebling effects would bypass Geomancer's weakness of being stuck in one party in an alliance setting, and ~15% Defense Down on an enemy is generally far better than +~15% Attack. Against weaker enemies, just walking around as a cloud of Defense Down miasma would also be much easier than casting Dia II on every single thing.

Of course, it could always turn out that these effects have even lower potency than the enhancing abilities or unexpectedly low accuracy. As of right now, I don't think anyone has tested the enfeebling Geomancy at all, so anything is possible.

If Geomancer's enfeebling effects are extremely accurate and mirror its enhancing effects, the job may be better than it seemed at first glance. Still, for a job so young and so likely to be under the magnifying glass for adjustments, I think it's important to note the myriad weaknesses of Geomancer's enhancing side.

Quote Originally Posted by Imakun View Post
    We really can't judge the new jobs after such a small amount of time since they were made available.
    GEO doesn't have merits or artifact, relic and empyrean gear sets. Some of these things could have a huge impact on how the job plays.
    We should also consider the possibility of an overhaul like the one SCH received after it's debut. I remember unlocking SCH and leveling it to 40 before the patch came. The difference was tremendous. One ability alone, Sublimation, changed the job completely.
    This is very, very true. The Geomancer of right now isn't going to be the Geomancer of next year.

However, it's important to note what sucks about Geomancer right now so it can be fixed to create the Geomancer of next year.
    (2)

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    And when is a good amount of time? A year? two years? 5 years? PUP got their fixed in 2011, over 5 years after it was introduced in 2006. Sure we can say they are understaffed... but SE need to seriously use the cash we have been given them to reinvest in this game. Honestly we can just ignore this expansion at least till Sept or Dec, when it has a good amount of decent contents, and more adjustments are being made. Why are we still paying to be a beta tester? Oh and they need to make extra print of the Xbox editions.... or make it downloadable via Xbox Live service.
    Hopefully less than that. Something like 6 months top.
    SCH received its patch pretty quick (considering SE's standards). I think it wasn't even a month after its release, I can't remember.

PUP was on an entire different level because
    a) it's a pet job and SE doesn't care about pet jobs
    b) it's too complicated even for them, they won't even tell us what some attachments do because I'm sure they have no clue
    c) it's a pet job
    d) ToAU came with a new mindset for the playerbase, or at least people started using their brain more coincidentally with its release and no one in their right mind would have wasted a pt spot for a PUP when it was in that state
    e) loljob stigma (see d)
    f) it's a pet job

Geomancer's got potential, considering how its debuffs are unresistable (unless the mob is flat out immune to it) and stackable with other forms of debuffs.
    What it needs is to be brought onto the same field with other jobs (aka with merits and JSE gear), some fine-tuning and additional tools to control/protect the Luopan and finally more investigation on its skill and how they work.

XI's playerbase is not a very open minded one anymore, I can see that. But hey, my main job is still Summoner. What can I say.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    And when is a good amount of time? A year? two years? 5 years? PUP got their fixed in 2011, over 5 years after it was introduced in 2006. Sure we can say they are understaffed... but SE need to seriously use the cash we have been given them to reinvest in this game. Honestly we can just ignore this expansion at least till Sept or Dec, when it has a good amount of decent contents, and more adjustments are being made. Why are we still paying to be a beta tester? Oh and they need to make extra print of the Xbox editions.... or make it downloadable via Xbox Live service.
    Sadly they are understaffed and the joke of a game that is another MMO by them ::cough::casualtothemaxFF14::cough:: gets way more people than that garbage deserves (its gonna crash and burn in like 6 months and im honestly glad)

SE give your actually sucessful MMO some better support.
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes and people right now are paying $30-40 to be a beta tester for SoA. Which is basically how SE works when it comes to expansion. We can safely forget that it ever exist for a year or two when they finally finish with the actual expansion. It's sad to see that they are still have not learn much of anything, even though they are fully capable of creating a fully finished package (the 6 add ons are a prove to this). They are really putting all their effort on 14 and sorely neglecting 11 which actually has paying customers.
    (1)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Outside of immunity, GEO debuffs seem unresistable. (Was able to land on 99 players as level 65 geomancer with 4 combined skill).

The buffs cannot be dispelled at all (Odin2 says hi!)
    Similarly, the debuffs cannot be erased!

They also all seem to have unique buff slots (although paralyze is suspect, GEO isn't that high). You can inflict something with both Slow and Geo or Indi-Slow at the same time.

The real questions will be:

1.) How potent is Indi-Frailty?
    2.) Does it add or multiply with current sources of defense down?
    3.) How will future updates improve the durability of the Luopan?

(GEO itself should be durable enough- like other mages - it can basically simultaneously cap PDT and MDT as it stands with a few slots open for +5 refresh).
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Shhhh, don't post any good or great findings here. Remember the Embrava adjustment? If it is indeed good - whatever strategy you come up with, keep it a secret and post somewhere else.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    The main problem GEO has is that BRD and COR can pop in a party, buff, and gtfo, GEO has to stay in that party at all times for them to get the effects, taking up space.
    Geo can cast that buff on it's fetter and haul ass to the back. Also screw the buffs, take a long hard look at the debuffs. Geo just got debuffs that nobody else can reliable use and their nearly unresistable. Defense Down, Magic Defense Down, Magic Evasion Down, stuff like that. Run up front, drop the fetter run back and cast the Geo version onto the fetter. Then cast an Indi-buff version onto yourself, especially if your in a BLM party.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You don't even need to run up if you're using a Geocolure spell. I haven't played it yet but I've had a party member cast a Geo spell on me and the luopan was where I was standing.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast