Character
    Forbinn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 9

New Player (Ragnarok)

Kind of refreshing to play a game that doesn't required spamming an attack every GCD and where at level 9 an even level mob WILL kick your butt.

Currently level 9 WAR, with an eventual goal of BLU, although Ill probably end up trying several classes out (whats the point of playing a game with so many unique classes and not trying them out?).

I am not remotely a power gamer, I like to explore and have no desire whatsoever to ever be in one of these power leveling groups I see around...How much grouping opportunities will there be for regular leveling?

Also, I know the game is *far* from dead, with 2000 people on the server but this game is quiet. I see people running around (guessing lots of Geos and Fencers leveling new classes) but not much chat activity...is there even a zone wide channel? /shout seems to be limited area? Though it is nice to not here talk about how WoW sucks or 2 hour conversations about bacon.

Is there a tool for linkshell finding at all? Whats the best way to seek one out?

From what I gather crafting isnt very newbie friendly, is it possible to take some extra time and farm a bit and craft as a newb?
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbinn View Post
    Kind of refreshing to play a game that doesn't required spamming an attack every GCD and where at level 9 an even level mob WILL kick your butt.

Currently level 9 WAR, with an eventual goal of BLU, although Ill probably end up trying several classes out (whats the point of playing a game with so many unique classes and not trying them out?).

I am not remotely a power gamer, I like to explore and have no desire whatsoever to ever be in one of these power leveling groups I see around...How much grouping opportunities will there be for regular leveling?
    Leveling in groups tends to be centered around specific areas- Gusgen Mines, then Crawler's Nest- which'll cover you up through near the first level cap (50th). Alliance XP > group exp in most cases, though if you see someone else doing your levels in a zone, ask em! Duos chew through book pages faster than solos, and the company is always nice.

Also, I know the game is *far* from dead, with 2000 people on the server but this game is quiet. I see people running around (guessing lots of Geos and Fencers leveling new classes) but not much chat activity...is there even a zone wide channel? /shout seems to be limited area? Though it is nice to not here talk about how WoW sucks or 2 hour conversations about bacon.
    Folks do tend to be quieter- most /shout tends to be city conversations, and you tend to see folks chatting in alliances more than spamming zones. It's a vestige of the old days when twas' considered impolite. The legacy of being a JP game.

Is there a tool for linkshell finding at all? Whats the best way to seek one out?
    Jeuno, when you get there. You'll also end up with people occasionally asking you if they see you linkshell-less, too.

From what I gather crafting isnt very newbie friendly, is it possible to take some extra time and farm a bit and craft as a newb?
    Absolutely. In that sense, it's a lot like WoW. FFXIAH, google it and you'll learn to love it in a hurry. Check your drops. To this day, it amuses me that I can beat down a pack of level 1 goblins and come away with 30K/stack of loot...if only because other people don't spend the time. Heck, sometimes you can literally check the AH, snag something, and turn it in to a quest NPC for a profit (and rep. Never turn down some fame, it's quest unlocks, cheaper vendors and better sell-to prices and often gives "secondary rep" elsewhere, like Jeuno, Mhaura, or Selbina.)

Likewise, a little well-focused farming goes a long way. Those fire crystals off those goblins you were whacking for onions plus a handy copper ore vendor? Stack them ingots. Sell on the AH. Profit. Oh, did that Yagudo drop a necklace? Zap it with lightning. More ingots. Hello, 25K/stack copper ingot sale. You can easily push your craft skills into the 30+ range right off the bat just with judicious choices in what you're hunting before you hit 20th level, even. A -really- good economics type can make it without even leaving his home city, if he's careful about it! The key is planning and studying.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Check out Grommets LS, I would highly suggest it if you are starting over or looking to get back into the swing of things. I know how hard it is without a LS or a good group to get things done ingame.

http://www.cynosure-online.com/forums/

/Unctgtg
    (0)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe