Character
    Wze
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

A few ideas for Alchemy and consumables.

1. Potions/Ethers of all potency should stack to 99. (Elixirs excluded)
    2. All HP recovery items should have a max use time and cool down time adjusted to match it's spell counterpart.
    3. Add a phoenix down item into the game to allow Raise 1 on a targeted PC.
    4. Re-evaluate the Stat increasing potions (i.e. Vitality Potion) for a possible increased potency.
    5. Explore the idea of making potions/ethers usable on any PC.
    6. Allow the use of consumables to be either unaffected by paralyze or not lost as result of being paralyzed.

Using potions & ethers is as much a part of Final Fantasy as riding a chocobo. The current incarnation of Alchemy and it's most common consumables are poorly executed in comparison to other FF titles. The balance in other FF titles revolved around using a character's turn to execute any action, however in a real-time combat system such as FFXI it's more difficult to balance consumables. I suggest that all consumables be taken under review and adjusted to match their spell counterparts.

Cure : 30~HP 2s cast/5s recast = no counterpart due to low level
    Cure2: 90~HP 2.25s /5.5s = Potion: 90HP 2.25s/ 5.5s
    Cure3: 180~HP 2.5s/6s = Hi-potion: 180HP 5.5s/6s
    Cure4: 380~HP 2.5s/8s = X-Potion: 380HP 2.5s/8s

Having each +1 increment increase the potency by an additional 10HP healed (i.e. Hi-Potion+2 would heal 200HP or X-Potion+2 for 400HP). I don't feel having a potion equivalent higher than Cure IV is merited as Alchemy should only be possible to supplement healing to the same degree as a subjob.

I think ethers are doing fine in terms of the amount recovered but should have their use and reuse timers adjusted to lower the burden on use during combat.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    it is true. Only FF game where next to noone uses potions and ethers, much less on a regular basis.
    (0)