Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

For anyone wondering this is what the new events look like

To quote my Reive Alliance "I'm just tired of dying" <player disbands>

Everyone who thought the game was too easy should be happy now, since it seems you need a party of 6 with a tank and bard just to not wipe on the casual stuff.

Not liking the new direction at all.

UPDATE**

Phoenix apparently caught up to the other servers and now it's once an hour zerg fest 30 sec battle, with the opposite problem.
    this is a shot between battles, just hundreds of ppl sitting around waiting.
    (17)
    Last edited by Crusader81; 04-02-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Wow is this mean we are going back to Abyssea again? I am somewhat reminded to how Campaign was, and still like, today, avoided by most players, pretty much dead content. I see a dark future for this fail expansion.
    (3)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader81 View Post

To quote my Reive Alliance "I'm just tired of dying" <player disbands>

Everyone who thought the game was too easy should be happy now, since it seems you need a party of 6 with a tank and bard just to not wipe on the casual stuff.

Not liking the new direction at all.
    Ohh noooooo it takes an actual party and effort... Nooooo.

Why do you assume it's supposed to be "casual"?

There are a ton of coalition missions that don't require you to finish a Rieve.

On my server I have been running by Rieves constantly and have never seen a wipe. I've seen people clearing them fine and have finished some myself by just jumping it.
    (20)
    Last edited by Moppet; 03-30-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I logged back in and there were more dead people than before, so logging off to do something else.

It's much worse than Campaign.. Butterflies and grasshoppers are killing everyone.. at least Campaign had HNMs leveling everyone.
    I've tried on multiple jobs. My bard got resisted 3 times and died...

It's just not fun at all.
    It could be fun.. but then at the last second it totally sucks.
    (1)

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Moppet View Post

Why do you assume it's supposed to be "casual"?

There are a ton of coalition missions that don't require you to finish a Rieve.
    I was the last person to leave my alliance, everyone else bailed after the 5 or 6th death in 15 mins.
    sounds like you're loving the expansion, have fun with it! not sure anyone else will be sticking around.
    (9)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Honestly, I'm not sure why this is happening for you guys. I have seen Rieves being cleared fine (albeit with some challenge) on my server first day...

The monsters are pretty nasty though, yeah.
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah I see this totally going to fail big time. So far very little explanation is given. The 10 minutes penalty is brutal for newcomer. Mages are getting screwed again. And the biggest problem of all, the new activities are far from FUN. There is no strategy involved in auto whacking the mobs, they repop very fast and you can't do much damage to it. The new enmity changes pretty much wreak havoc to mages and DD. All I can say is, probably should wait till Sept to purchase this expansion, or better yet Dec of this year, after many adjustment being made to make it accessible and fun. Loving the fast travel though, and quests are better explained with a point to where you should be at map. Great job on the small thing, total big fat failure on the bigger thing. Not surprised at all.
    (4)

Player
    People are expecting an expansion pack aimed at lvl99 content to be a push-over?
    (17)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Moppet View Post
    This.

Seems people are so used to being able to solo or lowman stuff, they forgot strategy and working together, instead of assuming you can zerg everything or solo >.> Pld actually has a use in this now. Sure the mobs hurt and its harder when everyone is spread out soloing the mobs, but it goes real easy, if you have a tank holding a few of them while others beat on the wall. That's the problem with gamers in general these days, they want everything easy mode, with little to no effort to do / obtain stuff and QQ when its "too hard".

I'm all for having to get back into being in groups for stuff, it's what made XI fun, the socialization and teamwork, because you know, its a MMO, not a single player game that happens to have people in it.
    (25)

Character
    Endos
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The only thing is that if you do not have the gear or levels the expansion is a bit unplayable...
    (4)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast