Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Problem I have with the ~ra nukes is that they cost a ton of MP for the dmg they output.
    (3)

Player
    I can't believe anyone is actually shocked that GEO is a bad job, other than analhyme who White Knights EVERYTHING SE does.
    (3)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    do you expect the new job to be decent before they get AF1/AF2/AF3/ (REM-type weapons/spell)/merit cat1/meritc cat2/ wait 6 month and they'll be decent.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Geo is a hybrid job, and SE is very terrible when it comes to create a good functional hybrid job. Right now it is not very good at everything that its suppose to do. You certainly not going to give up spot that is tried and true to a job that is half baked and can do a little bit of this and not as effective as white mage, bard, black mage, corsair or scholar. Not to mention you can only have 2 things at a time. They should let geo have 2 luopans and 2 self cast spells - then we really see how this can be a nice alternative support job.
    (0)

Player
    If they change the spells to include alliance members, GEO -MIGHT- see a party slot in the mage party, (just maaaaaaaaaaybe)...

If they change the spells to affect outside the alliance (powerleveling) (2boxing > casting the spell afking) Then alot more would start using it.

As it stands, its completely useless.
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Geo should be able to cast the indi spells x 2 on self, so 2 different buffs that will stack with another geo from alliance so you can affect it indirectly. This will make them strategic. Also they should be able to create 2 luopan and up to 6 can be put together that affect the entire alliance (3 geos together). This will make then a very desireable job for endgame events. Luopan can die fast from AOE so it is not going to be overpowered. Since they are getting rid of "atma buffs" this will give a nice alternative to it. And please give regain sphere/luopan to geomancer.....
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    From the look eof it GEO sucks, no that it wasn't expected. I heard it buffs for much less attack than a COR, much less STR than a WHM and a very mediocre def spell (in case you care). Lastly those things that get killed from AOE, seriously did SE not listen to us ? I don't see any potential.
    (1)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    For Geo to have a role it needs to:

- Have buffs that are competitive or synergize well with brd / cor. This is doubtful since Geo has no haste or regain buffs and it's unlikely its buffs are better than 3 or 4 brd songs, and the buffs don't seem as unique as cors.

-Magic Damage needs to be relevant which is even more unlikely considering the elemental magic changes haven't even been introduced and enmity hasn't really been fixed either.

-Additionally indi-line spells are going to be ineffective for melee unless the geo goes to close range and risks getting killed by AoEs. The buffing spells should "cling" so that the geo only has to touch others with it's aura, and then it will last for the rest of the duration even if those party members move away.

At present all I can see is the geo buffing the blm party and giving magic def down on the mob, which again won't mean much if we aren't using magic DD.
    (3)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    this just got lot of potential it just it only been about 2-3 days since the job came out and got rushed to 99. you forgot how it was when pup,sch when it first came out. lot potential and over time it got updated. geo got lot unique things about it. as lvl 25 with cap skill. pting in Kazham having geo-regen 7/tick at the camp was useful imo. with the Indi-Poison aura. i can see this job being epic later on just like how i called out sch and pup, give it some time and you will see
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    At this early stage it's very difficult to fully assess either job since many of the JAs haven't been put to use extensively enough to tell how effective they are. On top of that, no one really knows what equipment would make either job more effective at what they do. Also, I suspect people are trying to play these jobs as if they were any of the 20 previous jobs. That, in my view, might only serve to add to confusion and misinformation (Think back to the introduction of SCH and PUP, though S-E had more than a small hand in the latter debacle). I personally have no intention of leveling either job until more information comes in as to their functions in battle and the effective uses of their abilities and spells.
    The puppet master is just that... a puppet master ... a jester the joker... think back like old school dragon warrior a tad skillful in everything! as for sch well helix and storms play an integral part in it's spell casting but i never see alot of schs bother with storms.... maybe they might use them more often in audolin... it might be useful.. as for geo it's usefulness might be in how effective the plaer is at playing the job.. it is obvious it has some powerful elemental spells... i cant wait until i get SoA so i can try Geo out a bit inbetween exploring ulbaka
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast