Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

A Stone's Throw Away

Where are the excavation points in Morimar Basalt Fields? Some friends and I have been searching all over the immediately accessible parts of the area (as in, not blocked off by Bedrock Crags) and we've turned up nothing. Any hints? Or is it maybe a bug? We're at wit's end. D:
    (0)

Character
    Linku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I haven't seen any either. Maybe they're on the other side of the Bedrock? So need to have Demolition in order to get Demolition?
    (1)

Character
    Hirokei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The mining points are located on the large rocks sticking out of the ground (the smaller ones not the gigantic ones). One at the top left of H-8(near the reive) and several scattered from I/J-6 to I/J-11(between the camp and the northern most part of the map). From what I can tell if they are not up, then yes, they are behind the reives. I have only seen the mining points shortly after SoA release and after the 30 min maintenance that occurred today.
    (1)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisuko View Post
    The mining points are located on the large rocks sticking out of the ground (the smaller ones not the gigantic ones). One at the top left of H-8(near the reive) and several scattered from I/J-6 to I/J-11(between the camp and the northern most part of the map). From what I can tell if they are not up, then yes, they are behind the reives. I have only seen the mining points shortly after SoA release and after the 30 min maintenance that occurred today.
    Found it!! Thanks very much. Here I was convinced that mining points didn't even exist in Morimar!
    That's pretty annoying that they can all end up behind reives though. I hope that gets changed.
    (1)

Character
    Sixo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Seems there are none avaliable on Bismark, this quest is possibly the worst idea ever.
    (2)

Character
    Hirokei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Reported from BG that the mining points have shared spawns with the ones in Moh Gates, hopefully this helps some people out. I personally still haven't gotten a nugget and I've been trying to get one every day for a few hours since release.
    (0)

Character
    Kylewhat
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    this is absolutely horrible even after todays update. i have been standing at various mining points for FOUR hours and have not gotten the nugget. come on....
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    only drawback doing the quest is the mining points are camped pretty hard, but I managed to get mine.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    only drawback doing the quest is the mining points are camped pretty hard, but I managed to get mine.
    Yeah... noticed this when I went out there last night to get mine. But, it does kind of help you spot them. Why else would people be hovering round a rock in field gear? I just got in line and waited my turn. It took a couple hours until I got my shot at it... but with field gloves on, it only took me 5 whacks (lost 3 sickles), but I got my nugget. /dance.

In between pops, everyone ran around and took out the rieves. I couldn't do much without the key item, but I could at least try to AOE buff/heal people with avatars and pass out raises. Allowed us to keep the area open enough for us to do odd things like the hot springs quest, and Bivouac #1 opened up as well.

I think the bigger problem is participation rate. The new area is just frustrating and can be very time consuming in general . I fear it isn't going to be able to keep the attention of the newer more casual players and it will eventually fall like campaign did (22 areas under Beastmen control last week).
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.