Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

For the last time...

FFXI Development Team,

I love that you laboured to create two new jobs, including of course Geomancer. I think it's exactly the sort of life that FFXI will benefit from, along with the launch of a new expansion in general.

That said, seriously, please, never, ever make relatively rare items required for the unlocking of [Insert High Demand Thing Here]. It is a horrible, terrible idea. In this case, all it does is force people who may have wanted to play Geomancer to fork over 100-200k to do so.

This is ridiculous. I'm not saying this because I can't afford it; I easily can, as can most other people that I know. I'm saying this because there shouldn't be a barrier like this to playing half of the new jobs which are the first additions in roughly 5 years.

Please, don't do this again =/
    (9)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You're not paying for the job right now you're paying for novelty of being one of the first people to play the job. In a few days (or at the worst weeks) the price of petrified logs will stabilize because 3k people won't all be trying to unlock the job all at once. Once demand goes down price will go down. These things aren't really terribly difficult to farm either they drop off of level 50+ Treants, assuming you've never done VW. Anytime you see new content come out everything associated will spike in price. Remember Teal, Aurore and Perle sets?
    (6)

Character
    Pokes
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I got my petrified log from clamming.
    (1)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    I got my petrified log from clamming.
    [Insert dirty joke here]

Also, I'm just not getting GEO for a few weeks, makes me no difference, I wanted RUN.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Petrified logs are rare? I thought that's why everyone was calling it Logwatch. XD
    (2)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhailor View Post
    FFXI Development Team,

I love that you laboured to create two new jobs, including of course Geomancer. I think it's exactly the sort of life that FFXI will benefit from, along with the launch of a new expansion in general.

That said, seriously, please, never, ever make relatively rare items required for the unlocking of [Insert High Demand Thing Here]. It is a horrible, terrible idea. In this case, all it does is force people who may have wanted to play Geomancer to fork over 100-200k to do so.

This is ridiculous. I'm not saying this because I can't afford it; I easily can, as can most other people that I know. I'm saying this because there shouldn't be a barrier like this to playing half of the new jobs which are the first additions in roughly 5 years.

Please, don't do this again =/
    *Quietly laughs and sips scotch*

Come back back and cry when you've paid 6 million gil for your AF gear. OG Blue Mages know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidi View Post
    Petrified logs are rare? I thought that's why everyone was calling it Logwatch. XD
    Dude, Petrified Logs are so "We don't care" that they don't even list them on all of the mobs that actually drop them. I ended up with one farming TE's from treants while working on Koios.
    (2)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 03-30-2013 at 04:02 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidi View Post
    FFXI is at its best when it is actively mocking its players.
    (2)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Opening a gold pyxide: One forbidden key
    Participating in voidwatch: One voidstone
    Making millions off the mountain of petrified logs you hadn't synthed into lumber because you were too lazy to buy more bundling twine: Priceless

There are some jobs that won't cost you anything to unlock. For everything else, there's Geomancer on day one of the expansion.
    (6)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Also find it funny how the complaint is about the cost of the Petrified logs spiking up, and not the cost of the GEO's spells. From the vendor, its approximately 8 million gil to buy just the new GEO specific spells, several of them are 500k from the vendors. I sure hope there is another way to get those spells besides vendor as that adds up fast.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The petrified logs are the garbage drop from a lot of Voidwatch fights. Last week, they were so common that they sold for 1000 on AH and most people just threw them away. On Carbuncle, they were 100,000 on Wednesday when the first people started unlocking Geomancer. Today, a mere TWO DAYS later, they are down to 30,000. I expect they'll be back to the status of 1000 gil NPC garbage in another week.

This is not Square Enix's problem. It is your impatience problem.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast