Character
    Zarney
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Regionproblems

Hello.

I got a small problem with the new expansion "Seekers of Adoulin". I started to play the game years ago in Germany and got therefore the European Version of the game. Since i moved to Canada I started to have my problems like everytime i need to install something. Since the game is usually more or less workin fine, i am good.

But now with that new expansion i got a serious problem. Since, like I said, I live in Canada, NA now i was only allowed to buy the version for NA. After i downloaded it, the expansion realized during the process that the game does not exist on my PC. That can have only 1 reason, NA does not work with EU. The version are not compatible and i am not allowed to buy the European version.

End of story: I am stuck with the NA-version from the SE-site, which does not work on my PC and need the EU-version which I can not buy/download. I would like to exchange my version against one that actually work with my FFXI game or at least a refund for what i got and a hint where to get a EU-version from where i live.

Looking forward for the solution to my problem. Thank you.

Edit:

SE will answer with a maybe solution in 2 buisness days which will make it at least wednesday, since it's Easter. If some1 is willing to exchange a EU-code(that i need) for an US code(that i have to offer). Answer up here if u want and we will find a way to make it happen.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zarney; 03-31-2013 at 03:47 AM.

Player
    I'm having the same problem with the JP version. I am ending up just playing it in English 'cause there's no viable way to get the JP version of Seekers unless you're in Japan. I bought the JP software when I was in Japan, so I have all the software except Seekers. Now I can't play unless it's in English since I can only buy the NA software. SE, FFXIV isn't going to have these silly stipulations about language choice in the game, why should FFXI continue to have them? Even beyond that, though I know this is typical of Japanese companies due to my experience looking for an e-reader in Japan that would take American credit cards, why make giving you money for the JP version so impossible? I want to play in Japanese badly enough to buy the game twice for god's sake to get the key for seekers and the software for the JP client!
    (0)

Character
    Zarney
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Ok. Small update:

A step forward but still no solution. I got the expansion installed with the methode of spliffmonkey187. Thanks for that that to him. But Reg - Code is still Region based.

(0)

Character
    Zarney
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    SE will answer with a maybe solution in 2 buisness days which will make it at least wednesday, since it's Easter. If some1 is willing to exchange a EU-code(that i need) for an US code(that i have to offer). Answer up here if u want and we will find a way to make it happen.
    (0)

Character
    Amidamaru
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hey, I have the same problem but from the opposite ( I have an NA version but live in EU). Can you PM me where you found the spliffmonkey187 method please.
    (0)