Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwork

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Footwork is actually affected by Martial arts. at LV 65 Base delay for footwork is 500, with Martial Arts lv 75 it's 480, and at lv 82 it decreases to 460.
    That was a glitch. That got patched (if i recall correctly). I remember ppl bitching about their xhit going down at the 80-85 update. (which if you didn't have enough store tp gear, that martial arts trait actually lowered your damage)
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, I suppose the only thing they can do then is increase the allowable (and possibly even base) number of kicks per round under footwork, or increase the amount of DMG+ that is added.
    (0)

Player
    Why make a footwork build?

No really, why?

What does a footwork build offer you over an equally good H2H build? Why should I take the time and inventory space to get one made?

This is what I want to know.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Currently nothing snytex.

The goal of footwork was give monk a samurai type ability that allows us to feed less tp while still doing similar damage to our currently hand to hand build. AKA 1 larger hit instead 2-3 smaller hits, but then you lose out on DA and TA and the crits that come with them. Footwork will never compete with h2h for DD.

Personally I would like to see footwork just become our "defensive" stance, in that we do less damage, but cant be parried/blocked/guarded/countered (can still be dodged).
    (0)

Player
    You all make good points. There is not much incentive to make a footwork build, but some people alrwady have them. Footwork is surely not of par with a good H2H weapon, but there are some simple things SE can do to bring it back into popularity. If it could exceed 2 hits, I think that would pretty much do it, but it would also be pretty broken I think. If you have a 2-4 H2H and could kick up to 4x... even in Abyssea you would be able to do 1.8k dmg in an attack round. Not to mention you would get over 60tp from it. But here is hoping lol..

Outside of Abyssea, without empy, I would almost always use footwork build. I have killed thousands upon thousands of mobs completing trials for various H2H weapons, and in my experience, Footwork speeds up kills pretty noticably.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Because the trial h2h are rather pieces of crap, lol. That's like comparing h2h to non kick shoes footwork.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Because the trial h2h are rather pieces of crap, lol. That's like comparing h2h to non kick shoes footwork.
    I think you missunderstood me, I usually use a stronger H2H weapon and change to trial weapon doe the final hit. I don't use those terrible trial weapons to actually kill the mob all the way through. Outside of Abyssea on the trial mobs, I find that my Footwork build kills mobs alot faster than Heofon Knuckles. Asc. Furry is nothing outside of abyssea compared to inside. A footwork build with Tornado Kick does 1.6-1.9k on the trial mobs. Much more that I have been able to do with Heofon Knuckles and any of the H2H WS's.

Keep in mind, this does not apply to Empy. or Coin H2H.
    (0)

Player
    Heafon Knuckles are bad and you should feel bad for not killing Shere Khan.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nvr View Post
    I think you missunderstood me, I usually use a stronger H2H weapon and change to trial weapon doe the final hit. I don't use those terrible trial weapons to actually kill the mob all the way through. Outside of Abyssea on the trial mobs, I find that my Footwork build kills mobs alot faster than Heofon Knuckles. Asc. Furry is nothing outside of abyssea compared to inside. A footwork build with Tornado Kick does 1.6-1.9k on the trial mobs. Much more that I have been able to do with Heofon Knuckles and any of the H2H WS's.

Keep in mind, this does not apply to Empy. or Coin H2H.
    Heafon are awful and you use Asuran anyways, and of course footwork is going to be faster when w/ h2h you have to swap it off and lose your tp for each kill and start each fight from 0 when u put the DD h2h back on.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Heafon are awful and you use Asuran anyways, and of course footwork is going to be faster when w/ h2h you have to swap it off and lose your tp for each kill and start each fight from 0 when u put the DD h2h back on.
    You make a good point, but dmg output was higher with footwork, WS's aside. What do you use other than Heofon Knuckles? and other thank empy.
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast