Platform:
    PC

ISP/type of connection:
    bellsouth fast access DSL

Internet Connection Speed: Not sure

Date & Time:
    Wednesday,March 27th, ~11pm CDT

Frequency:
    Always (or never, depending how you look at it)

Character Name:
    Raksha

Race:
    Hume F

World:
    Lakshmi

Main Job:
    SCH

Support Job:
    RDM

Area and Coordinates:
    Ciezak (spelling) battlegrounds? ~I-8 i think?

Party or Solo:
    Party

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    Chapuli and root wall things

Steps:
    Spent 20 minutes curing party members and buffing, etc during "Clear the Way" and never recieved any EXP or Bayld. The DD in my party would occasionally get exp or bayld, but i would always get a red message stating that I received none. Other people on BG have also reported the same thing, so i'm fairly sure it isnt just me.

This leads to a rather large imbalance between DD jobs and support jobs.
    (16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Don't be surprised when the official response is "working as intended". It likely has something to do with the nature of the battleground system in place for those areas, to ensure that a mage type can't go in and get easy exp by spamming support magic. It's a wonder they don't just state "FU healers" in the explanation given by the NPC in town.
    (6)

Character
    Thundarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I appear to be getting no Bayld or Xp for anything my pets do as a summoner, be it damage to anything, healing, or buffing, so the only way I can get bayld / xp is bashing things with my staff...
    (4)

Character
    Willoughby
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Confirmed. During testing on 3/28, WHM effectively casting Curing, Enhancing, Enfeebling and Divine damage spells generates no participation credit, thus no EXP/Bayl rewards, for Reive events. When roots, for example, are vulnerable to damage, melee damage generates a negligible amount of participation credit.

Switching to a DD job and causing melee damage, I am unable to replicate this condition, and participation is measured normally.

In my experience, there is little reason apart from altruism to bring a caster to these events until this condition is corrected.

Edit: I've read some preliminary reports that it's necessary to attack the Knotted Root during Colonization Reives in order to get participation credit. If true, it's a hostile requirement, but that might explain some of the troubles we're seeing.
    (4)
    Last edited by Snowlock; 03-29-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Character
    Fiddle
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Same with bard. Lullabies, party buffs, requiems add up to 0 exp 0 bayld, thats with all the cures and what~nots thrown in from whm sub. Thought i was just missing a cs somewhere, but i see i'm not the only one having this problem
    (3)

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    All I have to say is how can this happen twice? This is the same crap that happened when campaign battles were released. You would think that SE would be better prepared for something like this but apparently not.
    (7)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

We've been seeing a lot of comments about reive evaluations and I wanted to give you all an update on the situation.
    • Healing is not being factored into evaluation
      After taking a look into this, it was determined that there is a bug. We will be working to fix this along with enhancing magic and such so that they are properly factored into evaluation.

• Difficulty being evaluated
      By participating in reives, a score will be attributed to you character at certain points in time as your actions are evaluated. With this score, there is a cap set for how much experience points and bayld you can acquire.

For example, let’s say there is a rule where for melee attack evaluations for every 1000 damage you gain 10 points.
      In the case of this rule:
      5000 damage worth of melee attacks would result in 50 points.
      900 damage worth of melee attacks would result in 0 points.
      In other words, if you do not reach the minimum value you will not receive experience points and bayld when you are evaluated. Also, this value has been set separately for each action; however, because it has been set somewhat high, we will be making adjustments to the points given for this minimum value.

To give you an idea, we will change it so it is closer to 1 point for every 100 damage worth of melee attacks.
      Post-adjustment:
      5000 damage worth of melee attacks would result in 50 points. (no change from current)
      900 damage worth of melee attacks would result in 9 points. (Points are gained)
      To put it another way, we will be increasing the opportunities that you can receive experience points and bayld.

However, separate from this rule, evaluation will take place to estimate how much you accomplished the original goal.

Colonization reives’ main purpose is to clear the way of things that are obstructing colonization, so the goal would entail how much HP you cut off the obstacle. For lair reives, the goal entails how much HP you cut off the monster’s lair. Depending on how much HP you are able to damage these for, you will be able to receive a proportionate amount of experience points and bayld; however, if you are unable to damage their HP this will not be factored into your evaluation.

The aforementioned bug fix and adjustments are currently taking place, and will be reflected after the maintenance is over at 10:30am PDT. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    (19)

Okipuit - Community Team

8. 03-31-2013 01:18 AM
    Reason
    Nevermind, I'm just terrible.

Character
    Cabensis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Found a great nest to nuke on from afar(game breaking I bet) to where the monsters didn't seem interested in me, except for the occasional lucky catch of sound on me, I'd sleep it and take care of it. I feel its justified because of the possible aggro for the long battle ahead of me, for to be allowed, don't go changing this please.

What I will say please change is your timing on those evaluation points. I'm sorry my fresh 99 Geo; which can out nuke a Full Teal Abby 3xAtma riddled BLM in dmg when I'm outside btw; isn't good enough for your standards in the point evaluations.

I made no points..SOLO, no baylds for MY SOLO attempt. I stayed from start to finish, getting constantly reminded every 2mins or so of no reward as I slowly ripped that nest down for the area. Only to have at the end of the Reive be told that I succeeded but was no eligible for any exp or points.

Complete. Bull. S***.

Fix this please. If I'm the only person killing the nest, why should I be subjected to this evaluation like that when its obvious that I'm doing ALL the work on it alone, no one else around! Not a soul! Get rid of the "You didn't make the cut" crud if you want this system to work. Instead put caps on things like enhancing and healing, and have them tied to time caps that expand the cap over time, and lastly cause i know just those two would break the system make it require moderate action on the objective at hand, either the Nest/Rock/Vine/etc. or a Local monster occasionally.

Basically you screwed up campaign at the start to the point people left it and never touch it, but you finally fixed it recently, 3 years to late. Get a jump on it. Look to whats happening right now, that works in campaign, and apply it to reives.
    (7)
    Last edited by Calintzpso; 03-31-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintzpso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EVERY GM EVER View Post
    Working as intended...lol

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calintzpso View Post
    Basically you screwed up campaign at the start to the point people left it and never touch it, but you finally fixed it recently, 3 years to late. Get a jump on it. Look to whats happening right now, that works in campaign, and apply it to reives.
    Really hope they get to do the fixes ASAP within the next week or two - right now it is completely whacked. We also need auto reraise effect and a bunch of temp items distribute ASAP, more as you ranked up.
    (1)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Please stop being dependent on temp items at 99...
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast