Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

RUN and GEO: The Old Gear Renaissance?

Having unlocked both jobs, I've been trying to decide how I'm going to level these. RUN might be burnable if you've levelled PLD or DRK to some degree. GEO, definitely not. But if you decide to do what I plan to do and take the slow route rather than Abyburn or the like, the question of Gear's going to come up.

Since this is the RUN forum I figure I'll stick with it so far. For the most part, much of our armor is harness-level light armor. The interesting thing is that, from what I'm seeing so far, we don't have Artifact/Relic/Mythic armor to fall back on for the time being. We do have some good high level options once we hit the 80+ zone, but what do you plan on the way here? I do have to say I'm glad I moogleslipped my Cobra Unit gear.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MiriOhki View Post
    Having unlocked both jobs, I've been trying to decide how I'm going to level these. RUN might be burnable if you've levelled PLD or DRK to some degree. GEO, definitely not. But if you decide to do what I plan to do and take the slow route rather than Abyburn or the like, the question of Gear's going to come up.

Since this is the RUN forum I figure I'll stick with it so far. For the most part, much of our armor is harness-level light armor. The interesting thing is that, from what I'm seeing so far, we don't have Artifact/Relic/Mythic armor to fall back on for the time being. We do have some good high level options once we hit the 80+ zone, but what do you plan on the way here? I do have to say I'm glad I moogleslipped my Cobra Unit gear.
    What's going to be rough is the lack of lower-level gear being available, period. Does RUN at least get to use Cent (scale) armor? That'll take you pretty much 30-40 between the basic armor and the alchemy upgrades if so. Weaponwise, it's all gonna depend on how many of the current mid-level GS get a RUN tag on them.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, They do get the Mercenary and Windurst/Federation Swords. That should at least take you some good distance. Can also use the Sandy Vest set. If you've got the CP (Or wanna build it up real quick via the Waypoint quests),you can at least get those fairly quick.

Edit: And after looking, yes, they do get access to the Centurion's armor. So if you've got the CP for it, a starter RUN would be in semi-decent shape.
    (0)
    Last edited by MiriOhki; 03-29-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Additional information

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is where those old collections of low-level armor stores on miles for years will really come in handy.
    (1)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MiriOhki View Post
    Well, They do get the Mercenary and Windurst/Federation Swords. That should at least take you some good distance. Can also use the Sandy Vest set. If you've got the CP (Or wanna build it up real quick via the Waypoint quests),you can at least get those fairly quick.

Edit: And after looking, yes, they do get access to the Centurion's armor. So if you've got the CP for it, a starter RUN would be in semi-decent shape.
    I mean.... what do you want? Super heavily stat'd stuff or just basic stuff to wear?

There are NPC's that sell gear around every 10 levels, but if you want stuff with tons of stat boosts you'll definitely have to camp your own NMs or hunt. Frankly I'd rather book burn/FC a job to cap these days, then spend days working on my skills. I'm not the type to take a job to events when its underskilled and useless, so I don't have a problem with getting the restrictive part (leveling) out of the way asap.
    (1)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.