Oddly no barsilence though.
    (0)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm kinda disappointed that RUN gets no curative spells, for a tank job with access to white magic.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    White Magic =/= Healing magic necessarily.

I get why they didn't get it, way too much overlap with paladin already. You have /blu, /whm, /sch, /rdm as options if you want cure lines and also /dnc for tp based healing. Any of those combined with up to regen-4 and what appears to be some of the best inherent evasion+parry skill in the game should hopefully be a great start in the overall toughness of the job
    (1)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post

I get why they didn't get it, way too much overlap with paladin already. You have /blu, /whm, /sch, /rdm as options if you want cure lines and also /dnc for tp based healing. Any of those combined with up to regen-4 and what appears to be some of the best inherent evasion+parry skill in the game should hopefully be a great start in the overall toughness of the job
    This. With their damage output potential, they should be able to hold enmity via damage and additional effects. People are concerned about their lack of defense, but it looks like they have among the highest AGI of any job (I'm guessing bar THF, RNG, and maybe COR). Their Parry + Evasion, plus having a spell that increases their parry effect and a JA that increases their evasion -- I imagine them being an incredibly potent damage and mitigation force in the hands of the right people. I'm excited to move forward with it, myself.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post

I never said White Magic was healing magic, I said I was disappointed it didn't get curative magic. It's really not a big deal, it's magic is focused on what it is supposed to do, defend against magic. I'm at lv 22 and love it so far, I am gonna have to collect some DT- and PDT- to make up for it's light armor use.
    (0)
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Honestly I'm glad it doesn't have cures, just the enhancing it does. This makes SAM an incredibly popular sub for the job with Seigan/third eye plus all the defensive abilities it already has. If it did have curative magic or other spells it would frequently use, Seigan would make those spells relatively unusable. So the job won't do well in a solo situation without /DNC, give it a healer in a duo situation and the combo will be far more potent than if the job could cure itself.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Honestly I'm glad it doesn't have cures, just the enhancing it does. This makes SAM an incredibly popular sub for the job with Seigan/third eye plus all the defensive abilities it already has. If it did have curative magic or other spells it would frequently use, Seigan would make those spells relatively unusable. So the job won't do well in a solo situation without /DNC, give it a healer in a duo situation and the combo will be far more potent than if the job could cure itself.
    Maybe no cures is a good thing, I'm still in the /WAR stages can't wait to be at /SAM levels. I suppose I need to play RUN with an open mind and learn the job rather than try to relate to and play by another job's abilities.
    (0)
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Maybe no cures is a good thing, I'm still in the /WAR stages can't wait to be at /SAM levels. I suppose I need to play RUN with an open mind and learn the job rather than try to relate to and play by another job's abilities.
    Really glad to hear you say that.

Most people don't seem to want to.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Part of my problem was I started when if you were a tank, you were PLD/WAR, or NIN/WAR with a SATA setup. I had a hard time accepting PLD/RDM and PLD/NIN in Ares's as a tank, but times have changed. I hope they fix the enmity issues, I haven't PT'd on RUN yet, but I've heard enmity has been tweaked a bit.
    (0)
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I figure I might as well just post my thoughts on some of RUN's spells here.

Bar Spells
    Not much to say makes sense based on the idea of a magic tank in low man situations where the healer shouldn't be running into the fight, though why no Barsilence?

How about creating a few just for RUN like Barstun, Barterror, Bardeath, and Barzombie.

Blink and Stoneskin
    Okay so we're supposed to use these to absorb/negate damage that kind of makes sense except for the fact that RUN doesn't get native Fast Cast.

Maybe the thought was that well enemy spells take long to cast, except at 10 seconds (Stoneskin) and 6 seconds (Blink) we aren't going to get those cast before most spells and even less when you factor in most mage enemies have native Fast Cast so at best they might help absorb Ancient Magic/2 maybe.

I'm sure now some are thinking RUN gets Fast Cast gear, and you're right but even then you aren't going to be casting these spells mid battle without the enemy being kept from attacking without native Fast Cast.

If you're with a WHM Stoneskin is completely useless.

Foil
    Sounds great but why is it only 30 seconds? I guess a more important question is does "Special Attacks" equate to only monster's TP moves like we think. If it does then how many TP moves do you expect to be done within 30 seconds unless the monster is being zerged (which doesn't require a tank job)? If you don't want it to block that many moves then make it work like Migawari: Ichi extend the duration and have it wear off after 1 move.

Regens
    Could these be changed to be a different buff? Otherwise I just don't see the point outside of soloing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zagen; 04-11-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast