(0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Do you have a link to tests showing 15%? Everything I've seen thus far is a 5% activation at 5/5 which is consistent with other Emp set bonuses that have activation rates.
    It's probably 10%, I recall reading something about it being 15% but usually it is 2% per piece. The 5% you're thinking of for Creed+2 is the AMOUNT of damage absorbed, I think.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-13-2013 at 05:40 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

I had a browse through BG Wiki and picked up what Fast Cast gear I could find:

RUN equipable Fast Cast gear

30% Fast Cast, plus Siegel Sash for -38% total casting time for enhancing magic. Still leaves Stoneskin over 6 seconds to cast though.

Not to mention that Athos Chapeau aside, the rest of the gear offers nothing else useful for RUN. Athos Chapeau has MAB +4% which you could use in a lunge macro. But for your 38% it's 9 inv slots, and not everyone can afford that. Especially if you want to pimp a lunge set too.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I had a browse through BG Wiki and picked up what Fast Cast gear I could find:

RUN equipable Fast Cast gear

30% Fast Cast, plus Siegel Sash for -38% total casting time for enhancing magic. Still leaves Stoneskin over 6 seconds to cast though.

Not to mention that Athos Chapeau aside, the rest of the gear offers nothing else useful for RUN. Athos Chapeau has MAB +4% which you could use in a lunge macro. But for your 38% it's 9 inv slots, and not everyone can afford that. Especially if you want to pimp a lunge set too.
    An Every Man's version of the above, dropping Athros/Thaumos for people who might not be able to do VW or NNI (they do exist. Frankly despite doing VW on WHM i fucking hate that content and I haven't suffered capping my Enhancing to try NNI with SCH). You forgot Vivid Strap+1, btw. I don't think you lose TP for swapping grips.

EDIT:

Here's my take on a -PDT build, pretty simple. Sacrifices some -PDT (ears and feet) for DA, haste, and Store TP. Looking at -6 MDT/PDT on each ring if you're lucky. Wiglen's because you should be able to reduce magic damage enough that the +6% doesn't matter much and the natural 6/tic regen is a hard thing to scoff at. Again, its more an Every Man's build -- taken from the point of view that anyone can farm gil, but not everyone has access to end game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-16-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    An Every Man's version of the above, dropping Athros/Thaumos for people who might not be able to do VW or NNI (they do exist. Frankly despite doing VW on WHM i fucking hate that content and I haven't suffered capping my Enhancing to try NNI with SCH). You forgot Vivid Strap+1, btw. I don't think you lose TP for swapping grips.
    Teal Set doesn't get a partial set bonus (unless I missed that change) so those pieces are useless. Earthcry Earring is also pointless in a "Fast Cast" set, Vivid Strap +1 while not pointless, you're giving up a lot by using that over a DD related group like Rose Strap (if STP needed), or Pole/Duplus Grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    Here's my take on a -PDT build, pretty simple. Sacrifices some -PDT (ears and feet) for DA, haste, and Store TP. Looking at -6 MDT/PDT on each ring if you're lucky. Wiglen's because you should be able to reduce magic damage enough that the +6% doesn't matter much and the natural 6/tic regen is a hard thing to scoff at. Again, its more an Every Man's build -- taken from the point of view that anyone can farm gil, but not everyone has access to end game.
    I took a look at your set and it honestly looks like a PDT swap set, which is fine except you have some oddities in it for that such as Brachyura Earring and Brutal Earring.

As to it being a hybrid set of sorts you're giving up a lot of haste in an effort to try and cap PDT. With the gear chosen in that set you'd lose much less by making a PDT ToTM Great Sword freeing up 13% PDT This is what I have so far as my Hybrid PDT/MDT/Haste Set, for those not wanting to check on FFXIAH for whatever reason here's the gear:

Tenebreuse PDT Path (-13% PDT)
    Rose Strap
    Hagneia Stone
    Ocelomeh Headpiece
    Twilight Torque
    Ghillie Earring +1
    Brutal Earring
    Thaumas Coat
    Dux Finger Gauntlets +1
    Rajas Ring
    Dark Ring (-6% MDT/PDT)
    Mollusca Mantle
    Twilight Belt
    Thaumas Kecks
    Thurandaut Boots

Offers:
    Haste: 26%
    X-Hit: 8 (non /SAM)
    PDT: -35%
    MDT: -16%~ (for -40%~ with Shell V)

If you drop it to a 9 hit you can do another Dark Ring (-6% PDT) and 2x Darkness Earring (-2% PDT augments each) for another -10% PDT possible without giving up any haste.

Options to cap PDT:
    • If you give up the leg slot for Dux Cuisses +1 you're at -50% PDT while still sitting at 20% Haste.
    • If you give up the body slot for Dux Scale Mail +1 you're at -50% PDT while still sitting at 22% Haste.

I haven't done the math to see if the 3% QA/TA/DA would beat out the 2% Haste but there's 2 options. Also keep in mind you can gain 1%~ haste from using the Ocelomeh Headpiece +1 or 2%~ from Zelus Tiara. Also Thurandaut Tabard is an alternative as well as an option for another 1%~ Haste if going with the Dux Cuisses +1.

Edit: As to the MDB lost in your set it can easily be replaced in a MDT/MDB swap set as the only time you'd full time a MDT/MDB set would be for a chainspell happy monster.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zagen; 04-16-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Teal Set doesn't get a partial set bonus (unless I missed that change) so those pieces are useless. Earthcry Earring is also pointless in a "Fast Cast" set, Vivid Strap +1 while not pointless, you're giving up a lot by using that over a DD related group like Rose Strap (if STP needed), or Pole/Duplus Grips.

I took a look at your set and it honestly looks like a PDT swap set, which is fine except you have some oddities in it for that such as Brachyura Earring and Brutal Earring.

As to it being a hybrid set of sorts you're giving up a lot of haste in an effort to try and cap PDT. With the gear chosen in that set you'd lose much less by making a PDT ToTM Great Sword freeing up 13% PDT This is what I have so far as my Hybrid PDT/MDT/Haste Set, for those not wanting to check on FFXIAH for whatever reason here's the gear:

Tenebreuse PDT Path (-13% PDT)
    Rose Strap
    Hagneia Stone
    Ocelomeh Headpiece
    Twilight Torque
    Ghillie Earring +1
    Brutal Earring
    Thaumas Coat
    Dux Finger Gauntlets +1
    Rajas Ring
    Dark Ring (-6% MDT/PDT)
    Mollusca Mantle
    Twilight Belt
    Thaumas Kecks
    Thurandaut Boots

Offers:
    Haste: 26%
    X-Hit: 8 (non /SAM)
    PDT: -35%
    MDT: -16%~ (for -40%~ with Shell V)

If you drop it to a 9 hit you can do another Dark Ring (-6% PDT) and 2x Darkness Earring (-2% PDT augments each) for another -10% PDT possible without giving up any haste.

Options to cap PDT:
    • If you give up the leg slot for Dux Cuisses +1 you're at -50% PDT while still sitting at 20% Haste.
    • If you give up the body slot for Dux Scale Mail +1 you're at -50% PDT while still sitting at 22% Haste.

I haven't done the math to see if the 3% QA/TA/DA would beat out the 2% Haste but there's 2 options. Also keep in mind you can gain 1%~ haste from using the Ocelomeh Headpiece +1 or 2%~ from Zelus Tiara. Also Thurandaut Tabard is an alternative as well as an option for another 1%~ Haste if going with the Dux Cuisses +1.

Edit: As to the MDB lost in your set it can easily be replaced in a MDT/MDB swap set as the only time you'd full time a MDT/MDB set would be for a chainspell happy monster.
    Yeah, haven't done too much research as I don't really feel like a PDT set is fully necessary until post AF1~3 and merits (so we know exactly how SE expects us to tank). Good suggestions though.

I just full time my damage gear, personally -- but then I haven't been playing RUN much in favor of COR and now a little bit of GEO while waiting for AF.

I should really look into putting a proper set together -- and I forgot that teal doesn't get partial bonus. (Which is asinine, I don't think I've ever wore a full set of that gear.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-16-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3