Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
    Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    COR shots DMG is based of MAB and Gun/Bullet Damage IIRC... Pretty sure its based on Gun/bullet DMG.

AGI is for Accuracy IIRC (and Macc works too)
    Quick Draw damage is based on a combination of MAB, Gun DAM (lol, Gundam), and Bullet DAM. AGI gets converted into M.ACC (not really, but basically) and M.ACC helps.

You're exactly right.

(2 * (Gun base DMG + bullet base DMG + Corsair's Tricorne bonus)) * (1 + (MAB / 100)) * (Elemental Staff bonus) * (Day/Weather Bonus)
    If we want to get technical.

Either way... I'm past tired of this game and I've sort of moved on... I'm just hoping to hear something soon that'll keep me from just cancelling my subscription and *gasp* figuring out a way to ensure I never come back.
    (2)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

One of the other things in game design that kinda upsets me is that the game went from small group content 6 people, and voidwatch which was easily pugable because it wasn't that hard. To this mega extreme you will die unless you have 18 really hardcore people.

New content might be fun if Abyssea didn't kill off large linkshells, and I still knew 18+ people that wanted to do stuff. I know maybe 6-8 people who play the game still, and some of those people aren't up for doing hardcore endgame. So yea bascially can't even do the new stuff they adding because it went from small groups, puggable 18 man content to content that only well organized groups can do, similar to legion.

There may be a couple of groups on the server capable of doing this but they don't really recruit anyone, and joining another group would basically mean ditching all your old friends that you played with for a long time.

When I can't do new content thats when I stop subbing to a game.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zumi; 05-01-2013 at 04:39 AM.

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    People are foaming at the mouth, in an uproar, ripping up their creditcards, breaking windows, lighting torches, and equipping pitchfork +1's. The community is paniced, the playerbase is left in a state of bewilderment and terror, with no comfort zone to recess into. And like the mighty evil corporations that rule the future, they sit atop their thrones, watching their riches dwindle, and their subjects are preparing to march to the castle, and burn it down.

In game, a large number of players, myself includes, just... dont feel like trying anymore. I logged in yesterday to just...sit there for 4 hours, before a friend offered to let me mooch a few zeruhn pages, to try to cheer me up. That went on until the details of the update, and these horrible WMDs sunk in, and they too lost urge to do anything for a while. There is no desire to work on any armor or weapons because of this, and many players, again, including myself, are left feeling hollow and empty inside. I think part of their thought is they feel secure in the fact that many players stuck on ps2 cant play other MMos with their hardware.

Now outside of game, we are facing incidents worldwide. North Korea's declaration of war, the events in sandy hook, the plant explosion and the boston marathon bombings. Place economic woes atop this, and climbing unemployment, legislation being crammed down the throats of Americans despite unpopularity and whatever else may be happening in personal life or different countries, and you paint a pretty bleak picture.

People retreat to games like these to be social, and to grind their troubles away at a pace they are comfortable with. And for some, they need that feeling of accomplishing something. The fact is with the trouble people put in, they are having fun still, on some level. But with this, people are assailed by uncertanty, and with all the other pressures in life, this may drive a large number of players to boarderline suicidal depression. Yes thats largely an exageration, I mean it figuratively, we already see players killing their characters off, leaping off the figurative ledge, with nothing to live for.

I myself, and at least 8 others i know, (3 playing, 5 considering return) are now staring down at that ledge myself. Im still trying to decide if it is worth it.

The only thing i can say at this time... If this new content and update were rolled back, or these new, horrifying weapons, that signify a vulgar display of power, were halved in damage, maybe, just maybe i would feel differently. But at this moment, many players feel cheated. With the Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapon debate, even if a weaponskill surpasses another, the players were gifted with merit weaponskills, which help level out the playingfield. This, is spitting on all established, and wrestling a game from a playerbase who asks for tweaks, not changes that treaten to violate and alienate the feelings of their international playerbase.

Yes I exagerated a lot, and theres worse things that could happen, but lots of people are already in fragile existences and states of mind. Ill be honest, sometimes, I feel I dont need any more bad news, yet here we are again. On the bright side, the extra $13 a month, can be pushed into something else, or be spent on new hardwear. Though im not sure id even bother with XIV (not that i had considered it much before) if this is what can be expected of that. Perhaps ill bide my time for MSGO, PSO2, and give Sega and Namco-Bandai my support.

Because even though hope is in the word hopeless, I have none of it at this moment.

On a more humorous and unrelated note, the same letters to spell hopeless, can be used to spell peeslosh.
    (11)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's good that people make the biggest decisions in their life while they're emotionally fueled from 48 hours worth of news that things have changed instead of giving it some time to sink in, inspect the changes closely, and make a decision based on reason.
    (7)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It's not that I have no motivation to do anything anymore, it's just how fast new things became obsolete after a month, WAY before many people ever even got a chance to try for the new stuff. No one I know has ever tried Skirmish, now Skirmish is obsolete. The best course of action seems to be to just wait till SoA is complete and get the good gear then. I have no motivation...AT ALL...to try Wildskeeper Reives, Skirmish, or Delve, because Wildskeeper Reives and Skirmish are obsolete, Delve will most likely be obsolete at the end of May or in June. What's the point?
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Honestly I'd be fine with new weapons as long as SE clearly shows when and how R/E/M gets buffed so effort isn't wasted, and tells everyone how they're going to keep salvage2/NNI etc relevant so Mythic still obtainable. But they don't, and don't have a plan atm. They just dragged players to new content in worst possible way I can think of, by completely changed current economy and job/weapon hierarchy, with little to no communication.
    Pretty much agree completely. I know they’re probably going to buff up RMEs, but will they bring them up to this level? And when? If SE’s plan is “well, we sorta have an idea but we’re actually not sure how or if we can implement it” then people will lose hope. I’ve already talked to a few people who said it feels like starting over.

Not to mention the other huge issues created that others mentioned:
    -VW/Dynamis/Salvage content almost not worth doing
    -Melee damage leaving all other forms of damage in the dust
    (0)

Character
    Gaspee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    This is all very disappointing, and people are quite upset.

I hope Square Enix listens to the player's reactions and takes appropriate action. Regardless of where you stand on the issues presented here, I find it odd that we are now on 67 pages of ranting and haven't heard from the community team much at all.

Edit: Camate did post something way back.
    (1)

A big thanks to Kingfury for my signature!

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspee View Post
    This is all very disappointing, and people are quite upset.

I hope Square Enix listens to the player's reactions and takes appropriate action. Regardless of where you stand on the issues presented here, I find it odd that we are now on 67 pages of ranting and haven't heard from the community team at all.
    I'm not surprised, Camate pretty much tells us what the Devs are saying, since this is Golden Week I doubt they are saying much of anything.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    you know, the more I read, and watch, the more I feel maybe it's time for R/E/Ms to become useless... it seems like they are trying to derail ffxi to be what it was when it started... a kick ass story that you happened to see alongside some buddys. Not this OMG LOOKIE I HAZ 15 RELICS. Back then there were alternatives to R/E/Ms, and most people just did storyline things, that were capped anyway. That all being said, it is kind of true that R/E/Ms aren't really kick ass things anymore since about at least 75% of FFXI population has at least one of those three now... way back when dyna was a 36 man thing only about 15~30% had a relic.

They did say that they were going to be big on the SoA storyline, maybe this is the start... as for most of the people whining about the bodies thrown at game... DID YOU HAVE AN END GAME PRE-ABBY????

if you don't happen to remember; remember camping faffy for days, and when you finally got him you had to contend with RMT cure spamming, and getting darters off your back (about 30 people needed), Wanting to literally go to the person who CFHed KB's house and shoot them with a real gun, going to Vrtra KNOWING you were going to lose with like 24~30 people, Going to sky and having to deal with all that cheating and drama and stuff. This game is like everyone can be anything by themselves now, this could be changing it back to it's roots which was a good story that required a lot of BIG groups for awesome things... not this gloatey uber bs that it's become now.
    (5)

Character
    Yamisam
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Honestly,my first reaction to the new weapons was "So,what exactly are they gonna have us killing with weapons that strong?". Knowing that they ARE planning on upgrading our R/M/E, I'm not too worried about the debut of these weapons. Not to say I'm not going to work on getting one. As a player who started at NA launch, I'm very excited to see what's in store.

As for the players who are quitting solely because of this update, have fun on WoW or where ever you end up. Karbuncle, I can relate to how you feel about having your friends come and go after all these years. It can be discouraging, but new doors open every single day in this game. Don't give up on FFXI just yet. I was in the same boat about a year ago. My best friend came back to the game and gave me a reason to keep going just before I was about to throw in the towel. We hooked up with a couple of other friends and eventually I ended up starting up a linkshell for the first time since my days on Seraph.
    (6)

Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast