Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

New weapons with higher base damage then relics

The game has pretty much changed to a more item level vertical progression focused. We already know R/M/E adjustments are coming sometime after the August update but it doesn't have a set date.

Personally I don't really have too many issues with the game and r/m/e anymore.
    (39)
    Last edited by Zumi; 07-15-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    There's more to Relics (as well as Emps and Mythics) than the base damage.
    (17)

Character
    Katiekat
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    no soner or later people with relics need to realis they cant always have the best weapon in the game
    (15)
    am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by katiekat View Post
    no soner or later people with relics need to realis they cant always have the best weapon in the game
    I'm not sure what's the mentality behind this post, it's either trolling or not really thinking.

If new higher base dmg weapon is easier to obtain than R/E/M, anyone with R/E/M can obtain new higher base dmg weapon . They CAN have best weapon in this game still, even if it's no longer R/E/M. You honestly think obtaining new ex/rare will be a problem for ppl with all the best gears?

Except when their hard earned R/E/M, which often takes months or years to obtain, is no longer useful because another weapon beats it, it's like a slap in the face and just asking players to rage quit and nothing more.

For anyone with no R/E/M, once all the R/E/M owner rage quit, let's see whether we still have enough player base in this game to keep content going w

If new ex/rare is harder to obtain than R/E/M, then none R/E/M owners most likely won't be able to obtain it too.

Either way, I don't see how it benefits this game, more like killing this game faster.
    (12)

Character
    Sinisterone
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    I'm not sure what's the mentality behind this post, it's either trolling or not really thinking.

If new higher base dmg weapon is easier to obtain than R/E/M, anyone with R/E/M can obtain new higher base dmg weapon . They CAN have best weapon in this game still, even if it's no longer R/E/M. You honestly think obtaining new ex/rare will be a problem for ppl with all the best gears?

Except when their hard earned R/E/M, which often takes months or years to obtain, is no longer useful because another weapon beats it, it's like a slap in the face and just asking players to rage quit and nothing more.

For anyone with no R/E/M, once all the R/E/M owner rage quit, let's see whether we still have enough player base in this game to keep content going w

If new ex/rare is harder to obtain than R/E/M, then none R/E/M owners most likely won't be able to obtain it too.

Either way, I don't see how it benefits this game, more like killing this game faster.
    lol @ thinking r/e/m is some be all end all. so what, the dmg on the new stuff is higher... you will get over it.
    (0)

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    you will need to reliase its not cheap farming hours of end to get those weapons. Thats why they are best weapons in game.
    (2)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manux View Post
    you will need to realiase its not cheap farming hours of end to get those weapons. Thats why they are best weapons in game.
    Time = Gil I get it, but um...
    • Relics take 4-5 months if you don't buy currency, solo. All the other requirements can either be soloed or duoed.
    • Emps take 1-2 months if you don't buy pops/drops. All can be duo/trioed.
    • Mythics take 4-6 months from scratch (can be less depending on previous progression). Requires 3-6 people depending on event/part of the quest. Some can honestly be soloed using certain jobs/tactics.
    • VW HQ Weapons 1 fight to 1 year+ (personally I'm going on 1 year of VW now and have yet to see one).

Times are based around more of an average player's time and dedication over a "hardcore" or "elitist" player. Oh wait VW HQ weapons were never the "best" merely situational at "best" yet they can take much longer because of the stupid low drop rates.
    (0)

This is the saddest most ironic message I've ever read on these forums. Any body who hit the like button on your post is ignorant and/or jealous. Don't you think if anybody in FFXI is going to get the new weapons, it's people who obtained a Relic/M/E? These are the players who always obtained the best-of-the-best, why would that change now?

The reason R/M/E holders aren't as much disappointed that their weapon is replaced, but that they have to do the work to obtain them and disband a legacy carried on for 10 years.

What a sad post.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    This is the saddest most ironic message I've ever read on these forums. Any body who hit the like button on your post is ignorant and/or jealous. Don't you think if anybody in FFXI is going to get the new weapons, it's people who obtained a Relic/M/E? These are the players who always obtained the best-of-the-best, why would that change now?

The reason R/M/E holders aren't as much disappointed that their weapon is replaced, but that they have to do the work to obtain them and disband a legacy carried on for 10 years.

What a sad post.
    There's that post that makes me lol again!! Tee-hee-hee.

Honestly, I think less people would be table flipping and rage quitting if upgraded R/M/E were in the dats, even if unobtainable. Gives us something solid to look forward to, like "my relic may be obsolete for now, but I see and am happy with what it can one day be."
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post

What a sad post.
    Contradiction much? The reason you build a bad*ss weapon is to smash notorious baddies harder, more efficiently. Now SE gives you better, badder toys to smash things even harder. What's there to complain about? Just relax, embrace the change. You should go out see the real world sometimes. It is beautiful and constantly changing. 10yrs is a very very long time, even in real word standard, my friend. In 10yrs, Europe will melt, China will rule the world, Yellow will become the new White, supremacy will be spelled backward. That's how long 10yrs is.
    (0)

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast