Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
    Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    No. Relics should not be the best items in the game. The best items should 100% be from the Adoulin content. At least that's my opinion.

The devs have said that they are going for two forms of progression: lateral, and vertical. Basically, they are letting people who are still fixated on their R/M/E weapons to still be able to use them, but they are also providing more effective gear that is obtainable through their new expansion content that doesn't require the completion of older content and doesn't require the same time sink.

This is what everyone wants! It caters to both crowds. So I don't know anyone can really be upset about this. But there are people who will be... as always.

So if you're really quitting over these changes, then so long. A few less elitists to deal with in the game.
    (2)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    Did I say that? No, I did not. You can search any FFXI forum you like and you will never find a post by me where I say I want R/E/Ms to be better. I want them to stay RELEVANT. And I'm most certainly not the only one. Besides, the R/E/M issue isn't the only reason I cancelled my content IDs.

If they made Delve weapons to be as good as R/M/E you would be crying you took a long time having 17 suckers to farm for you and that took all your skills to accomplish for people to have the same stuff you got. Just quit the game if you can't live without useless sidegrades.
    (1)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    If they made Delve weapons to be as good as R/M/E you would be crying you took a long time having 17 suckers to farm for you and that took all your skills to accomplish for people to have the same stuff you got. Just quit the game if you can't live without useless sidegrades.
    I kind of have to agree. It's one of those "uphill both ways, through the snow" situations. Some people reject the idea of gear being better and easier to get than their own gear, which took more of a time commitment to obtain. In my opinion, it's their loss if they can't accept that better, more up-to-date gear is coming out. Let them grumble and moan, while I get my delve gear. Relics will always be cool, just like Thunderfury or Shadowmourne is still cool, but they had their time and the game is moving on.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    In my opinion, it's their loss if they can't accept that better, more up-to-date gear is coming out. Let them grumble and moan, while I get my delve gear.
    I got the Delve gear in a week. What should I do for the next 3 months, now that SE had outdated RMEs? AFK in Western Adoulin?
    (11)

Character
    Almantia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Didn't an SE rep say 'don't throw away your RME'? Crikey, Adoulin is only a couple of months old. It wouldn't be a surprise if a few patches down the line (when SE STOP SCREWING UP THE NEW ONES AND MAKE THEM WORK FIRST TIME /soapbox) that those same weapons will get NMs and quests to make them again the best ones in the game. Just cos they aren't atm doesn't mean they're obsolete!
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I got the Delve gear in a week. What should I do for the next 3 months, now that SE had outdated RMEs? AFK in Western Adoulin?
    AFK in Port J, obviously~
    (0)

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    No. Relics should not be the best items in the game. The best items should 100% be from the Adoulin content. At least that's my opinion.

The devs have said that they are going for two forms of progression: lateral, and vertical. Basically, they are letting people who are still fixated on their R/M/E weapons to still be able to use them, but they are also providing more effective gear that is obtainable through their new expansion content that doesn't require the completion of older content and doesn't require the same time sink.

This is what everyone wants! It caters to both crowds. So I don't know anyone can really be upset about this. But there are people who will be... as always.

So if you're really quitting over these changes, then so long. A few less elitists to deal with in the game.
    You just don't get it. The problem with REMs is the time it takes to make them. We spent months and used millions to make them just to realize that they became useless in 1 single update. If they want to make replacements to REMs then they should have made the requirements as hard as the REMs trials.
    Do you think it's normal to be able to get a way better weapon in 45mins than one that cost 200-400M to make? And i'm not even talking about the time it takes.

Also I love the famous "elitists" argument, just because we made more efforts in our jobs than you did doesn't make us elitist.
    (7)

Character
    Almantia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I hate the word elitist; 'dedicated' is better. A dedicated player spends the time, resources, and just plain grrr must have mentality to obtain an RME. 'Casual' is pretty accurate, I define myself as a casual, but because I'm casual about not spendng the time, resources, and just plain grrr to get one of those items. Do I give a brown wet smelly thing about not having one? No, because it's not something that important to me. If it is to you, and you have the t/r/grr to do it, good luck and congrats on getting it.

Don't judge me on not having one though.
    (2)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    You just don't get it. The problem with REMs is the time it takes to make them. We spent months and used millions to make them just to realize that they became useless in 1 single update. If they want to make replacements to REMs then they should have made the requirements as hard as the REMs trials.
    Do you think it's normal to be able to get a way better weapon in 45mins than one that cost 200-400M to make? And i'm not even talking about the time it takes.

Also I love the famous "elitists" argument, just because we made more efforts in our jobs than you did doesn't make us elitist.
    You're absolutely right. Putting effort into earning something doesn't make you elitist. However, there are some people who would prevent other players progression by not inviting them to delve farms even though they have viable gear, only because they didn't get the same items as the they themselves got. I would call those people elitist. Whether you feel that you're in that category, then that's up to you.

What you are really complaining about is that either you don't like the fact that your RMEs are now replaceable, or you don't like that others can get comparable gear an easier way. My point is... that's not a problem. Not in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Go kill stuff. That's why you got the gear, is it not?
    (2)
    Last edited by Peepiopi; 07-13-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    What you are really complaining about is that either you don't like the fact that your RMEs are now replaceable, or you don't like that others can get comparable gear an easier way. My point is... that's not a problem. Not in the least.
    It's not a problem for you, don't make a generalization and assume everyone thinks the same. I don't mind that REMs are replaceable, I just don't like the fact that something you worked so hard for is now destroyed by weapons so easy to get that it doesn't even take a day to make them.
    How would you feel if you spent months to obtain one of the best possible weapon for your job and 2 weeks later, it's replaced by something better that you could get in a 30mins fight? Feel free to make a REM and you'll understand.
    (2)

Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast