Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
    Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Can we get an update on these Developers? Been a while since anyone has posted anything.
    (1)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I don't think we care about relics being slightly outclassed or on/par with these new weapons, but outclassing them by 30% is what most people are complaining about.
    Welp, a lot of RMEs been outclassing alternatives by similar percentages for a long time. I didn't see RME folks complaining when they could lord their shinies over the peasants and make it so that a person couldn't dream of being a DD in anything but lol content unless they had an army to farm for them, or a lot of spare time and no aversion to utter boredom.

Roundabout, but the "WHY" Street is a two way road. Everyone keeps asking Relic owners "WHy should you..." This, and "Why do you..." That, but, I mean, with all the "RME ARE SO EASY" Flying around, why do you guys insist they're so hard, yet at the same time insist they're so easy so they should be replaced.
    I've never said they are easy. That said, I do believe the only skills it takes to obtain one is patience and no aversion to boredom. Crikes, I find plasm farming dull too but at least I don't have to solo it, or try to convince some mooks it is in their best interest to spend hours farming for MY weapon.

Why? Because the game was getting to the point where to play a DD (which most jobs are) in current content you had to have REM. If anyone is to blame it's the folks (all with REM) who limited invites for DD to every relevant event to people with REM.

The people who got their panties in a knot telling me how terrible I was for not planning to make an almace for my blue mage - they brought this content on. SE probably came to the conclusion that requiring people to solo for a year to be able to play most jobs in group content was killing the game (be honest, how many newbies have you helped get an REM for? How about just people who weren't around when you were in major Emp farming mode?)

It wasn't sustainable. Delve, while horribly boring, at least rewards people pretty equally, unlike every other major weapon class out there. That means, instead of the stupid disincentive to help other people build weapons (which is REM) - the content rewards you for helping other people reach their goals. They made the weapons better so that people who have REM would participate in the content. They got your attention, didn't they?

These are really just devils advocate questions, but I mean enough is enough, some of you keep ragging and laughing at Relic owners, and you keep dodging any questions as to why you think this is good instead of just dancing in a circle about how laziness finally paid off.
    I think it is good because for once a super weapon class doesn't require either soloing or exploitation to get done. That's why. No one invited me to a "relic farming LS" or "empy weapon LS" before - why? Cause they didn't need me, and having me around just meant more work for them to get what they wanted. I'm in a delve LS now and it s great. The content ENCOURAGES teamwork and LSes and FRIENDSHIP since it is no longer a zero sum game (I get weapon, you can have some +2 items that you probably don't need anymore since we've farmed 3 million carabosses)

Why do you feel these laughably easy to obtain weapons should be 30% Stronger than a 99 Relic? Why do you feel relics should be outclassed when most if not all owners put in substantial time and effort? Why do you think Less Effort > More Effort in terms of rewards? Why should players who dont want to do the work get the best? Why can't you be happy with what you put forth the effort to obtain?
    Because the game needed a reset. Because a game where someone starting out is expected to solo a year doing incredibly boring things to be allowed to not be laughed out of content is a game that is going down the tube. Because making people do OLD OLD content to be relevant in new content is asinine. Because I pay the same monthly fee as you, and while I don't expect to have as good gear as someone who plays more, I do expect to be able to play current, relevant content on my own schedule, and to be able to improve my character in meaningful ways. I also don't think being immune to boredom/masochistic should be a requirement for anyone wanting to be a DD.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Basically you, with your patience/playtime/skill/dedication/gil/masochism etc whatever you want to call it, are still going to have a better weapon than me (more airlixirs, boss weapons,more gear, more weapons) - it just won't be the massive gap it was before. I don't see what the hairy deal is with SE wanting to break down the inpentrable wall that was blocking people from playing the jobs they wanted to play. It just makes it so casuals are not utterly useless as DD. people with good gear swaps/better sets/boss weapons will still be better, don't fear... But sorry I mean think of the RDMs who played for years waiting on their turn for a dchap (i know people who never ever got one even) - now they drop to the floor... It's not a big deal, so the shiny you made before is less useful... Welp so is my toci's harness, deal with it.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Olor, I get what you're saying but I'd like to repeat something that others (including Karbuncle) have said before:

It's not the fact that good, easy-to-obtain weapons have been added to the game that's upsetting R/E/M holders. It's the fact that these weapons absolutely CRUSH their 99 R/E/M counterparts that's making people angry. Take me for example - I finished 99-ing my Masamune less than 2 weeks before this update, after having spent countless hours making gil to buy plates and cinders (I don't have a fishbot mule army and I most certainly don't buy gil). It actually felt like an accomplishment finishing it - how do you think I felt when 2 weeks later, Delve was introduced? It would have been absolutely fine if the Delve GK was on par with my Masamune. But the fact that my Masamune is now irrelevant and collecting dust in my MH - together with my Amanomurakumo - makes me sad, and I feel utterly cheated by SE.

I don't need my R/Es (I don't have a mythic) to be the best of the best of the best, I don't mind if there are other, more easily obtained weapons that are comparable. As far as I know, the skirmish GK was a good alternative, but SE went and made that event pointless to do a month after it was released. However, I do mind that my time and effort have been for nothing.

Edit: I wholeheartedly believe this all could have been avoided if SE had already planned out how to improve 99 R/E/Ms beforehand, and released that info at the same time Delve was introduced. The fact that it apparently never occurred to them the kind of s**tstorm the release of Delve weapons would cause, is nothing short of amazing - a bad kind of amazing.
    (6)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 06-20-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Quote Originally Posted by Unctgtg View Post
    Can we get an update on these Developers? Been a while since anyone has posted anything.
    Its probably like 2 updates at least out, because they said it wasn't going to be in the next update.
    (0)

Player
    This is June though, our supposed large update from what I know, so maybe it will be, after all we have skipped a month, perhaps they delayed the entire update to just fuse it with this one?
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Its probably like 2 updates at least out, because they said it wasn't going to be in the next update.

^ This, my guess is the Sept update.
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Basically you, with your patience/playtime/skill/dedication/gil/masochism etc whatever you want to call it, are still going to have a better weapon than me (more airlixirs, boss weapons,more gear, more weapons) - it just won't be the massive gap it was before. I don't see what the hairy deal is with SE wanting to break down the inpentrable wall that was blocking people from playing the jobs they wanted to play. It just makes it so casuals are not utterly useless as DD. people with good gear swaps/better sets/boss weapons will still be better, don't fear... But sorry I mean think of the RDMs who played for years waiting on their turn for a dchap (i know people who never ever got one even) - now they drop to the floor... It's not a big deal, so the shiny you made before is less useful... Welp so is my toci's harness, deal with it.

Call me when your Toci's harness cost 600m gil and months worth of nyzul/assaults/einherjar.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Just like we are suppose to get two new smns that was said 2 years ago.
    (0)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Quote Originally Posted by Unctgtg View Post
    Just like we are suppose to get two new smns that was said 2 years ago.
    Yea and 2nd, 2 hour ability lol
    (0)

Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast