Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    They're threatening to quit en masse / making "goodbye" posts and the mods are working overtime deleting their posts.
    Pretty much, the one Asym translated last night sounded like they've lost all hope, lol. Idk, but I saw one person has already gotten the 170~ dmg rare/ex club, so... So much for nerfing before anyone can get them.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    You don't seem to understand why R/E/Ms are complaining. I don't mind that some weapons are close or a bit higher than my R/E/Ms 99 but when a weapon that you can buy at the AH just destroy a weapon I needed months to build, there's a problem. Another thing is they don't even offer a solution right now, the "we'll look into it" isn't acceptable. Right now I feel cheated, this is just an insult from SE to every R/E/Ms 99 holders.

When I check the stats on all those new weapons I only see the message from SE to some his players : ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    If you feel that way then do so like many others and unsubscribe. If you honestly think whining on here is going to get R/E/M updates out any faster you're well crazier than the devs that came up with the new weapons.

I'm more than likely in the same or similar boat as Elexia, my weapons have been out classed now it's time to replace them.

If all of you canceled instead of crying, one of two things happens:

1) R/E/M get pushed to the top of the priority list.
    2) You kill off the profit of FFXI and it dies.

In either case you "win" and your voice is heard.
    (3)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    For me, it's not so much the lack of relic upgrades, I don't think weapons should have that much damage, not now, not ever. It's too big a jump, unhealthy growth. Just my opinion.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    When are they going to realize that consistently designing content that requires large groups in a game that does not help you form or join large groups in any way is a serious fundamental flaw?

A lot of people have bad feelings about FFXIV, but Naoki Yoshida understands this concept very well. I have a lot of respect for this man and I think FFXIV: ARR is going to be a wonderful game with him at the helm.

If FFXI inherited even one tenth of his design and communication philosophy, it would be a much much better (and profitable) experience

Say what you want about Abyssea. At its core, I do not believe it was popular just because it put most players into god mode. I believe it was popular because it was very accessible on an individual level. People liked it because when they logged in, there was ALWAYS something they could do, whether they were alone or with just a couple of friends.

I've been playing on and off for a couple years now. I do not have a large linkshell. I don't even know 17 other people. I have Nebo, my girlfriend's character and one other player that I do things with every day. (I would bet serious gil that this is representative of a large segment of subscribers)

And honestly, I find all of this new alliance content off-putting. I have whacked all of the roots I can stomach. I haven't been to a wildskeeper reive yet and I can't check to see if people are in the area doing them. I'm sure its reasonable to assume that people are doing them after this update but what if I go in there and no one is there? 100K Bayld well spent? (I'm contributor in 2 coalitions no and they are still 100k?)

These new delve NMs seem to require alliances...again, I'm not interested in spamming the shout channel for hours to do attempt this new alliance content. Not my idea of fun.

Don;t get me wrong, it's not the idea of playing with groups and cooperating with other people that I mind. I quite enjoy large group events. I love playing with other people. I even enjoy dying repeatedly when trying different strategies on content to findwhat works and doesn't work.

What I HATE is that the only way to form groups is through the shout channel and speaking to/inviting every individual peosonally...except I cannot invite anyone to a party that is not in the same area, and only people in certain areas can see my shout.

The problem for me is simple: Not only does FFXI NOT help me form groups, it also puts up several hurdles in my way. Trying to form pickup groups with this system is often not worth the hours of playtime it costs me. So more often than not, I do not do content that requires these large groups.

Sooner or later I'll run out of interesting things to do (seeing as how everything before SoA just got wiped off the map) and end up quitting most likely.
    (11)
    Last edited by Nebo; 05-01-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Player
    last i checked R/M/E's have more going for them than higher base damage. Also last time i checked they are going to allow you to augment your R/M/E's via skirmishes, i recalled somewhere someone mentioning a 10% ws damage increase among other things im sure.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    last i checked R/M/E's have more going for them than higher base damage. Also last time i checked they are going to allow you to augment your R/M/E's via skirmishes, i recalled somewhere someone mentioning a 10% ws damage increase among other things im sure.
    You should check again, your recollections are off.
    (11)

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Where did you hear this?
    (7)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    last i checked R/M/E's have more going for them than higher base damage.
    Technically true, but the gap in DPS is much larger than this would account for.

Also last time i checked they are going to allow you to augment your R/M/E's via skirmishes, i recalled somewhere someone mentioning a 10% ws damage increase among other things im sure.
    False.
    (14)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    when you're working with weapons that have double the base damage of relics/mythics/emps as well as relic-sized stat bonuses, r/m/e's "other bonuses" are effectively rendered moot.
    (10)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    last i checked R/M/E's have more going for them than higher base damage.
    This is true, however a GK which has over 100 base damage more than the 99 R/E/M GKs is going to absolutely crush all 3 of them damage wise despite their aftermaths/hidden effects.

Also last time i checked they are going to allow you to augment your R/M/E's via skirmishes, i recalled somewhere someone mentioning a 10% ws damage increase among other things im sure.
    SE has never said this. In fact, SE hasn't given us as much as a hint how the upgrades to R/M/Es will be done (because they themselves don't know yet), all they have said is that it will eventually (probably) be possible for us to upgrade them. Key word: eventually.
    (10)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 05-01-2013 at 02:23 AM. Reason: added something
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast