Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Actually, that's the point I was specifically trying to address. Sorry if I did it clumsily. I'm trying to say that old content is not worthless because it's the previous step. You're not going to go into delve with perle gear and a level 75 weapon. In their current state, level 99 relics are still not worthless. You can use them to get yourself a naakual or skirmish weapon, then you can use those to get a delve weapon.
    True to a point, the crafted ones can be picked up with or without doing Delve personally, which means if I want to out DD a Rag99 DRK, I need a few mil to go buy myself the new GS, and I will thrash them in DPS. That exact same reason is why Relics are falling in general, look at the buyable weapons, there is a GA and a GS, both of which are the best of their class and can be picked up without touching Delve personally, so you can completely skip some steps if you have the money.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    True to a point, the crafted ones can be picked up with or without doing Delve personally, which means if I want to out DD a Rag99 DRK, I need a few mil to go buy myself the new GS, and I will thrash them in DPS. That exact same reason is why Relics are falling in general, look at the buyable weapons, there is a GA and a GS, both of which are the best of their class and can be picked up without touching Delve personally, so you can completely skip some steps if you have the money.
    Current Rag99 DRK, yes. Once they add upgrades for relics, who knows?
    (1)

Current Rag99 DRK, yes. Once they add upgrades for relics, who knows?
    It's a big "if" at this point. They might not have enough manpower.

Here is hoping they come out with some more concrete plan.
    (1)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Limbus was the worst thing to do with points. I've had like 4 of them and didn't get what I wanted... because only like one piece of nashira didn't suck ?

Trust me the best of all system is everything free lot with small limits on the kind of thing you can lot etc. Point system destroy LSs, they make people leave once they get stuff, they make other ragequit for another LS etc. The simple idea of points implies that it going to fail because it implicitely assumes that dedication will vary a lot which shouldn't be happening for your "LS" to work. Guess why almost all players with top notch gear have one or several accounts ?
    How is "everything free lot" better than points systems in something like Limbus which, as you posted, only has one piece that doesn't suck? Everyone will /seacom that one piece. This is what I see when people form Prov groups or Legion groups or Odin v2 groups. Once people cap out on the common stuff like Plenitas Virgas or Ngen Seraweels, the majority of people will /seacom 1-2 pieces in each, and eventually there is freelotting congestion. In addition, "people leaving once they get stuff" is pretty endemic to /seacom groups as well, in fact quite more so. Why stay in a freelotting group once you have everything? It's not like you're gaining points for future unreleased items.

If each Delve Boss NM only drops a few superweapons and takes a full alliance, get ready for more homogenized /seacoms. If you go with a /shout alliance, as you proposed a few pages ago, you will be continually refreshing your pool of competition anew each night while not increasing your odds to a significant degree. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, mind you. I hope the content has a long and healthy /shout life. I like meeting new people when I join /shout groups. But it isn't the only way to accomplish your goals.

Some LS's use point systems just fine. The ones that I've seen work limit bids in some fashion so that one person sitting on a mass of points can't outlot everyone. Points are tracked across multiple events instead of per event, so that spending in one event affects lotting in other events, which makes people prioritize and reduces congestion.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mahoro; 05-01-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    A quick look back on the last expansion series which caused a "similar" uproar.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-was-a-mistake-)
    (3)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    There is always people who dislike content in ffxi. Unlike abuseia, this change is very very very drastic. To the point of insanity and teeth grinding frustration. We enjoy incrimental upgrades, however the incriment suddently changing so rapidly, well it seems to have the vocal minority (or perhaps majority in this instance?) suffering from system-shock and some of us are starting to understand what sort of dehibilitating effect PTSD has on someone.

Now for those whom claim that abyssea did this to us, lets compare 5 weapons shall we?

Bravura 75 (dmg: 99)

Vermeil Bhuj (dmg: 104, net gain of 5, introduced at nose end of abyssea, after a 5 level incriment)

Widowmaker (dmg: 124, net gain of 20, after 10 level incriment at the tail end of abyssea)

Bravura 99 (dmg: 158, 9 level incriment from widowmaker, net gain of 34 dmg but on one of the ultimate weapons, king of the hill for base great-axe damage.)

RazorFury NQ (dmg: 259, no level increase, net gain of 101 damage, which is a bit less than 2/3rds the damage of the prior ultimate weapon, from a crafted source, HQ variant also availible.)

So the incriments comparing a relic, and some availible weapons went: 5 > 20 > 34 > 101. Thats a rather steep incline in you ask me, even if we pull up all the top damage weapons by each update, and older level ranges, and made a chart, i bet this last upgrade would be well off the paper, putting a hole in the roof. This in my opinion is a travesty and a mistake.
    (4)

Character
    Bryangelos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Actually, that's the point I was specifically trying to address. Sorry if I did it clumsily. I'm trying to say that old content is not worthless because it's the previous step. You're not going to go into delve with perle gear and a level 75 weapon. In their current state, level 99 relics are still not worthless. You can use them to get yourself a naakual or skirmish weapon, then you can use those to get a delve weapon.

Old events are not pointless, they're a pre-amble.

And apologies again for saying "you". I know "you" in the singular sense of the word will not be doing any of this. I mean "you" as in "anyone reading this".
    I understand in theory, but lets be real if i'm a new player started today are you going to tell me to go make a 99 weapon to do delve with? or are you gonna tell me to buy a ah weapon which already beats a 99 R/E/M? my guess is to farm money buy the ah one over spending months making a inferior weapon. The only content you are suggesting is worth doing is SOA making ALL old content not worth doing. If this is the new trend that SE is going to follow in 6 months delve could not be worth doing, and a ah item could be better then the delve equipment. The problem i have with this model is it punishes you for doing old content by giving you shitty rewards, and the only content worth doing is the newest content.

To go off of what you said your right you wouldn't use pearl gear and a 75 weapon, but take a look at ah gear and the new SOA equipment you can get with balyd. Not to bad of gear, and for a weapon lets get ourselves a Tomonari +1 and bam, i have a job fairly well geared with a good weapon without steping foot into old content. (assuming i have gil or friends to help me buy it) Then i take my shiny new gear and weapons into delve.
    (0)
    Last edited by bryangelos; 05-01-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Old events are not pointless, they're a pre-amble.

And apologies again for saying "you". I know "you" in the singular sense of the word will not be doing any of this. I mean "you" as in "anyone reading this".

Alternatively you can skip the whole process spend an hour kiting a Delve NM around with BLMs SMNs and CORs

"2004 called - it wants its turtle back"

until it drops dead of exhaustion and not spend the 200m for RME99 and then gain access to weapons that outclass 99 RME for 4-5hours worth of content

231 damage great axe sup I am 1/10 of the way from buying you and I have done your event twice

Which is what people will do in reality land

Seriously - I know you really want the whole "stepping stone" thing the devs have fed you to work out but it's not going to work out (look at the lukewarm reception for Meebles - that was designed to be a "Stepping Stone" event) and continuing to defend it just makes you sound naive and moronic

Sorry bro - it's just not how the world works

tldr

Put it this way - "Skirmish" is now a training wheels event
    Before the update JPs on my server shouted constantly for Skirmish
    Since the update - all silent on the Skirmish front

Because seriously - why would anyone bother with 10+m entry fees on Skirmish for "training weapons"
    (8)
    Last edited by Asymptotic; 05-01-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Funny thing is while all the new weapons blew everything else into the trash the new armor is barely an upgrade
    (1)
    Last edited by Crusader81; 05-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bryangelos View Post
    The problem i have with this model is it punishes you for doing old content by giving you shitty rewards, and the only content worth doing is the newest content.
    Do you bemoan the fact that AF1 weapons are no longer worthwhile ways to spend your time? Does the fact that Joyeuse doesn't hold as much sway as it used to upset you? These are once useful items consumed by the unending flow of time. The game is heading a new direction. I'm sorry you won't be here to see it. Change is frightening, but one does not jump out a 10th-story window when someone claims that one of the fire alarms has triggered on the ground level.

And any true person who loves this game will continue to pay. If you don't pay, there will be no change, there will be only death. So thank you for hastening that demise by ceasing to fund this project, then lingering around as long as you can on these forums letting the rest of us know to abandon ship. I apologize. I am being unfair. Good luck to you in your future endeavors. Please leave me and everyone else who still enjoys and funds this game in peace.
    (3)

Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast