Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
    Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    you guys need to stop this ff14 argument, it's been used for 3 years. If people dont like 11 they will just unsub, not go to 14. 3 years after , XIV 1.xx was still bad. The 2.0 version is still not released and they stoped all form of communication since christmas. Anything points out to it being yet another american mmo clone. 3years to make a wow clone? k nothnx. Just give up.
    Thank you!!!! anyway, I still say they should just raise XI's sub by a dollar to hire another couple of devs.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Triffle View Post
    It is the case. Each part influences a different aspect of the run. Head influences quality of drops, such as what kind of stones you get. Body influences how many objectives you have, how much time you have and how many drops you will get. Legs influence the number of buff points there are what what buffs you will get. If you want a better crack at +2 stones, I'm going to guess you need tier 4 or higher heads.
    No it is not the case. I have done a total of around 5 runs that are either tier II or III and like 15 runs with tier I head. I have seen one instance with a +2 stone with visage I and one with visage II. I saw zero stone +2 on tier III head runs. "quality of reward" may not be what you think it is. It is possibly more chace at +1 stones and +2 stones. However just check my experiences above. Higher tier head are definitely not worth the price tag. People don't even know for sure what they do. I see plenty of random claims saying it increases the number of +2 stones but no it's not the case or if it is, it is impossible to notice it really.

Like I said there is a chest level system, and this is what will bring +2 stones I believe because that's how we got one with a tier I head. We had our chest level up to [rank : *] and someone obtained a +2 stone. However in another instance we had a level up to [rank : **] and didn't get anything special.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 04-28-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Player
    15 1s? 5 2s and 3s? Thats your sample size for your basis on the fact it does not have higher drop rates? That seems way to small... I can go 1/1000 on a Bullet from Akvan but it doesn't mean its a .1% drop rate, it means I was unlucky, in my opinion, there is a good chance you are unlucky, when large sizes are recorded then we can have a more definite answer on it all.
    (1)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    15 times 6 chests each of which have at least 3 slots, that can drop a +2: around 300 slots and total 3-4 +2 stones.
    (0)

Character
    Triffle
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    No it is not the case. I have done a total of around 5 runs that are either tier II or III and like 15 runs with tier I head. I have seen one instance with a +2 stone with visage I and one with visage II. I saw zero stone +2 on tier III head runs. "quality of reward" may not be what you think it is. It is possibly more chace at +1 stones and +2 stones. However just check my experiences above. Higher tier head are definitely not worth the price tag. People don't even know for sure what they do. I see plenty of random claims saying it increases the number of +2 stones but no it's not the case or if it is, it is impossible to notice it really.

Like I said there is a chest level system, and this is what will bring +2 stones I believe because that's how we got one with a tier I head. We had our chest level up to [rank : *] and someone obtained a +2 stone. However in another instance we had a level up to [rank : **] and didn't get anything special.
    Feel free to argue with the good people on BG wiki.
    (2)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Am i reading this right? The skirmish weapons have afterglow, is that correct, or did that poster edit the picture? Because if that's true, that's . . . that's . . . really fucked up. Afterglow is for people who went to 99-2, and ONLY they should get it since SE straight up trolled the shit out of them for them to make it. I don't know how much more I can take of this BS, I notice my relationship with SE has really been beat up the past few years with the lack of attention to detail, like the 76-95 cap quests (horrible, 1 guy came up with the whole thing on his lunch break) and the missing utesumi icon for 5 shadows, the mobs on top of each other in dynamis jueno, there's one other thing I can't let go but it's not in the fore front of my memory atm. But yeah, stuff like that, is why I bitch.
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 04-29-2013 at 07:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    am i reading this right? the skirmish weapons have afterglow is that correct? That's . . . really fucked up.
    Photoshoped signature...
    (1)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thank altana! I was boiling over.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 04-29-2013 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Triffle View Post
    Feel free to argue with the good people on BG wiki.
    All the BG info comes from my group or JP wiki pretty much >_>. The info that higher tier heads give more quality comes from SE's update thread description on skirmish and has been disproved by many higher tiers report on BG and here. Mdk and 1 or 2 other posters are the only players good enough to do skirmish that post on BG. The others are just busy building allakatard-like theories on pyres.
    (2)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 04-29-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    you guys need to stop this ff14 argument, it's been used for 3 years. If people dont like 11 they will just unsub, not go to 14. 3 years after , XIV 1.xx was still bad. The 2.0 version is still not released and they stoped all form of communication since christmas. Anything points out to it being yet another american mmo clone. 3years to make a wow clone? k nothnx. Just give up.
    Wow your really outta the loop. Need to read up on your news and reviews
    (1)
    Last edited by Elphy; 04-29-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast