Page 34 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    NA forum threads rarely have many likes even if the subject is immensely popular (compare to JP forum where unpopular posts on random pages will have 20+ likes)
    Yeah I guess so... Taking a look around the General Forums it seems NA as a community is more concerned with enmity issues, paid race changes, folded arm emotes, and drop issues from Wildskeeper Reives.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Number of pages has never been a metric by which they decide whether or not to respond.

anyway... is the hth weapon worth giving up victory smite for?
    Outside of abyssea the Verethragna already loses to Spharai with Shijin Spiral, its much more constant then Victory Smite. VS greatly relies on Impetus or crit buffs like in abyssea to be good. VS is pretty inconstant because of its crit modifier. We are pretty much past the days of abyssea.

The new monk weapon Tlalpoloani drops from one of the Wildskeeper Reives NMs Achuka. Now then it costs 100k Bayld to enter, and you have to actually get the drop.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Outside of abyssea the Verethragna already loses to Spharai with Shijin Spiral, its much more constant then Victory Smite. VS greatly relies on Impetus or crit buffs like in abyssea to be good. VS is pretty inconstant because of its crit modifier. We are pretty much past the days of abyssea.

The new monk weapon Tlalpoloani drops from one of the Wildskeeper Reives NMs Achuka. Now then it costs 100k Bayld to enter, and you have to actually get the drop.
    PUP can't use Spharai. This is specifically directed towards PUP.

For me the main attraction of VS in the first place was being able to do solo light, both with the automaton and by using tactical switch. (Buuuuuuut.... I only have the WoE weapon as I was never able to get vereth). For me at least, VS was better than pummel with the same weapon, as you didn't need as many hits and therefore are more likely to land them all. (Edit: even the lv99 WoE weapon is barely more than half the base damage of the reieve weapon- glad I wasted so much time on that...)

Ignoring verethregana, I'm really not too sure what to go for. The base damage on this reieve weapon is more than double what I have now, but it may be unrealistic to obtain. I guess you're right though, VS is really only dominant in abyssea. Is there somethinng markedly better than revenant fists +2 other than verethregana that I can find without breaking my back?

Edit: The skirmish weapon, at least before augmentation, isn't all that much better. It seems what I was talking about was this:

which would seem to blow every other hth weapon in the game for either job out of the water. But this doesn't seem to be the skirmish weapon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-22-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Bayld is easy to get and everyone gets R / EX gear as long as you do stuff consistently during the Reive. I'm not even sure you have to actually contribute to damaging the Naakual. I WS'd Tchakka once and got a Macoquetza (I spent the rest of the time killing adds and made back 30k of the 100k entry fee from evaluations including the 4k evaluation at the end and the 1k I made mysteriously while dead)

Naakual gear is extremely easy to get (and will just get easier since they're lowering the cost of entry next week if you've bothered to keep your coalition ranks up)

(The Skirmish weapon easily beats the Naakual H2H even with mediocre augments)
    (0)
    Last edited by Asymptotic; 04-22-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    No there are no gimp weapons that can beat vere, is that surprising ? Your argument about being able to solo light with your puppet is IMO wrong. I got level 99 Kenkonken recently and parsed myself on a reive (attacking a wall, hasted). The pet was doing 1% of the total damage, I was doing 46% and a vere monk was doing 53% (dualboxed and wearing pdt gear). So basically there is no way you can close or open light with your pet often enough to justify vere over other weapons. Skirmish weapons are fairly easy to obtain and even an average augment on a +1 ghasty stone+ninza are going to beat the DPS of vere and all other pup weapons.

Stringing plummel is not that nice. The only realistic gear pup should be wearing during SP is attack because the mods are garbage. With shijin you will have access to to 100% dex mod, so in theory at least it is much easier to attune.

Skirmish weapon are fairly easy to obtain compared to empy and relics too. You have 10% chance to get a ninza per run and a run will cost you maybe 2M since you'll split the cost between 6 members. By the time you obtain it you will likely get several ghasty+1 stones too. Tlalpoloani atm is about on par with +1 stone augments so I would not suggest aiming for it.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 04-22-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Oh and me and mdk think that the nakkual fights are meant to be aimed for casual players, because the weapons are basically soloable, all you need is spam reives to get your bayld. Beside they are great but not as great as skirmish wpns. At one point I though that they would be augmentable but with the introduction of delve I don't think so. They are basically the cruor gear of SOA.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Snozeberry
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Got a pair of ninza last night on my 9th skirmish run, augmented it with a +1 stone to DMG 59 Delay 51. Higher DMG and lower delay than my 99 spharai. Working on calculations right now to see which I should use for which events/etc.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No there are no gimp weapons that can beat vere, is that surprising ?
    I'm not specifically looking to beat verethregana- Only to beat +2 or +3 rev fists.

Skirmish weapon are fairly easy to obtain compared to empy and relics too. You have 10% chance to get a ninza per run and a run will cost you maybe 2M since you'll split the cost between 6 members. By the time you obtain it you will likely get several ghasty+1 stones too. Tlalpoloani atm is about on par with +1 stone augments so I would not suggest aiming for it.
    So wait, the ghastly stone augments can bring up the DMG on the skirmish weapons *that* much? to be "on par" the augments would have to be pretty crazy.

The pet was doing 1% of the total damage, I was doing 46% and a vere monk was doing 53% (dualboxed and wearing pdt gear). So basically there is no way you can close or open light with your pet often enough to justify vere over other weapons.
    Any frame/head other than soulsoother or harlequin should be able to do more than 1% of the damage against you.

(@ above: "9th skirmish run?" I've not once ever seen one of those simulacrum parts drop, nor do i even know anyone else who has...)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-23-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Character
    Snozeberry
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They can, I have a DMG 151 GTK that outperforms 99 masamune and amano in pure #'s, and a 59 DMG knuckles that out perform 99 Spharai. These are both with just +1 stone augments.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toioiz View Post
    They can, I have a DMG 151 GTK that outperforms 99 masamune and amano in pure #'s, and a 59 DMG knuckles that out perform 99 Spharai. These are both with just +1 stone augments.

Skirmish GKT doesn't touch Masa99 or Amano99.

The H2H weapons are beastly however.
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Page 34 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast