Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
    Player
    So how many of you have beaten a Delve Naakual to be making judgment calls that the superweaps are easily acquired?
    (4)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    So how many of you have beaten a Delve Naakual to be making judgment calls that the superweaps are easily acquired?
    Again, point missed. Many of us just don't feel motivated to do anything right now, in fear that it will be obsolete soon, after all the hard work we put into new gear.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Yamisam
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm just glad that the Adoulin era content isn't just another zerg fest. Something that requires a thought process and some strategy is a VERY welcomed change.
    (6)
    "I'm about to teach you pathetic mockeries the difference between you, and a real man!" --Kain Highwind

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Again, point missed. Many of us just don't feel motivated to do anything right now, in fear that it will be obsolete soon, after all the hard work we put into new gear.
    So basically you dont want to play the game? The idea that everything is obsolete gearwise is just wrong, everyone now has something to chase, REMs will be scaled later, challenging battles have presented themselves and by your own logic if the gear goes bust soon who cares? You put a week or two into it anyway.

How about enjoying the content that few of you have done before crying the endtimes cometh?Its about tine something moderately difficult comes to town. Salvage 2 and Meebles werea joke.
    (7)

Sig by Kingfury

It isn't really. Its the same story, only thing thats changed the mindset is the DEF formula update and Enmity Changes. Without those it would all still be zerg content. Unfortunately...

Outside of that, the new NMs they released (the Tier I~V for the Delve) are actually making people throw back to Old School tanking, Though some have mentioned zerging might still be the best strategy since they might/seem to have a rage timer... Which honestly, rage timers contradict "smart tanking" and encourage zergs.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    So basically you dont want to play the game? The idea that everything is obsolete gearwise is just wrong, everyone now has something to chase, REMs will be scaled later, challenging battles have presented themselves and by your own logic if the gear goes bust soon who cares? You put a week or two into it anyway.

How about enjoying the content that few of you have done before crying the endtimes cometh?Its about tine something moderately difficult comes to town. Salvage 2 and Meebles werea joke.
    For you its the status quot for MMOs, despite the fact it wasn't for FFXI. I won't bore repeating myself 100 times, But if you actually care and aren't just trying to raise your post count by poking fun and astonishingly missing the point entirely on levels that baffling, go reread some of the posts by Byrth and I, along with a few others here, who actually word it quite well. I recommend Byrth first, as he's usually the most collected.

And for what it matters, the "Obtain it in 2-weeks then replace it" is exactly whats upsetting people. This design just isn't what we played FFXI for. There's already a thousand nameless short lived MMO's shoving that design down our throat, FFXI was different, a Niche MMO, its why i enjoyed it... If this new path is what its going down, I mean, I'll give it a shot but I imagine I'll probably get bored of it in 1-2 weeks like i did with Rift, TERA, GW2, and the like which i all tried and grew bored of because I'm just not that in to grinding another carrot before I can even enjoy the one i got.
    (7)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-01-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamisam View Post
    I'm just glad that the Adoulin era content isn't just another zerg fest. Something that requires a thought process and some strategy is a VERY welcomed change.
    THAT is welcomed, hell yes. But we've never seen an update completely render past end-game obsolete, Even with Abyssea, Sky and Sea stuff still had their places.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamisam View Post
    Give folks a month or two to obtain sufficient weapons and maybe some new melee equipment from the new system. There will still be accuracy issues, but a majority of the new weapons are also loaded down with accuracy.
    (5)

Character
    Yamisam
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I agree totally. But the new feeling is nice while it lasts.
    (0)
    "I'm about to teach you pathetic mockeries the difference between you, and a real man!" --Kain Highwind

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    For you its the status quot for MMOs, despite the fact it wasn't for FFXI. I won't bore repeating myself 100 times, But if you actually care and aren't just trying to raise your post count by poking fun and astonishingly missing the point entirely on levels that baffling, go reread some of the posts by Byrth and I, along with a few others here, who actually word it quite well. I recommend Byrth first, as he's usually the most collected.

And for what it matters, the "Obtain it in 2-weeks then replace it" is exactly whats upsetting people. This design just isn't what we played FFXI for. There's already a thousand nameless short lived MMO's shoving that design down our throat, FFXI was different, a Niche MMO, its why i enjoyed it... If this new path is what its going down, I mean, I'll give it a shot but I imagine I'll probably get bored of it in 1-2 weeks like i did with Rift, TERA, GW2, and the like which i all tried and grew bored of because I'm just not that in to grinding another carrot before I can even enjoy the one i got.
    I already understand what you're saying and to that I respond: The ignorance of the past is astounding. We've been here before with Abyssea when most of the solid pieces in XI went belly up and it happened virtually overnight. Horizontal progresion has been good and its been bad but mostly what its been is frustrating. You get a few good pieces in an event like Meebles and therest is garbage carted off to the side. Great, thats the diversity we want? 90% of content gear junked because itsa sidegrade of a sidegrade? Gotcha.

Legion failed. It failed because it demanded top tier skills for again...marginal upgrades. The few clear winners were chock behing barriers of HQ and Honors and the event became something for pros. Delve is an improvement as it is more welcoming to not quite as skilled folks but hit the main motivator... loot. Good loot.

So why exactly did everyone complain about Salvage 2 sidegrades again? Or better yet, why did we salivate over NNI gear? Oh right, upgrades. Clear. Freaking. Upgrades.

REMs willbe improved and perhaps they'll bring the bad ones into 2013 but for now weve got content few have done and sentiments over gear that has had its time requirements knocked down significantly. Lets not even get into the fact that relics arent rare and requiring people to have one to roll content with was beginning to seep into everything. Bastok Vw, REM dd only!

Everyones gota shot for epic loot now and if you did your event homework you are at a significant advantage. Im all about the journey when it comes to these events now.
    (9)

Sig by Kingfury

Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast