Character
    Dragoonkiller
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Can we stop with the 3 armor set idea?!

Is there any chance of getting away from the dumb idea that there needs to be 3 sets of armor and calling it good? Been that way since abyssea and it really limits armor options. Let's have some armor that isn't released in a set of 3 with only the normal X,Y,Z jobs on it!
    (7)

Character
    Alegra
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Actually it goes back to original Nyzul Isle

Before that many jobs appeared together on many gear sets, WAR's with RDM and THF on say Dusk for example.

With the introduction of ONI, the jobs got divided into 3 groups, and since then, there has been little in the way of full gear sets that allowed most of the jobs on them, just individual items like Kudzu Aketon.

The Mini Add on's continued this trend, Campaign Battle's sets did too, Abyssea at least allowed some multiple job cross over (BLU PUP on Teal and Aurore, BST on Aurore and Pearl).

VW's Athos, Rubueus, sets, and now Adoulins too (althought like Aby BLU RUN PUP got on mage and light armour)

The only time we got the kinda job spread on a gear that used to be common at 75, is the Urja (AGI and ATK+, and Resist status) set.

I would also like to see the kinda's of job spread we had on particular armour types years ago.

Like how the Light armour type Doublet sets even had WHM SMN on them.

Granted PUP was limited for melee gear back then, so to be fair, as PUP is now on those types of set, keep PUP on whilst giving us back Doublets with all Light armour jobs and WHM RDM SMN.

And Vest sets which seem to be just light armour jobs now, but get WAR PLD DRK RDM etc back on them too.
    (0)

Player
    It really ought to stop. The melee options tend to be sub par for heavy armor because they try and combine DD stats and tanking stats to give something kind of bad at both, the light armor ends up subpar because they try and combine melee stats and ranged stats, and mage gear get screwed by being for curing, nuking, enhancing, and enfeebling, with a bit of brd and smn in there too.

Make separate sets, or at least separate pieces for each function please.
    (2)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So, basically, there's going to be only three sets of armor for the whole 22 jobs in game that are worth anything? Why am I not surprised...I love looking like the next guy, you guys didn't really PAY for this, did you?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    considering i'm 78/80 on my SCH already, if i can save an inv space by using a combined piece, i'm all over it.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ffxititanplayer View Post
    Is there any chance of getting away from the dumb idea that there needs to be 3 sets of armor and calling it good? Been that way since abyssea and it really limits armor options. Let's have some armor that isn't released in a set of 3 with only the normal X,Y,Z jobs on it!
    If you don't quit first, someday you will reach a point where having a powerful set of armor for every job in the game only cost you 15-20 inventory spaces is a godsend.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yeah, it's definitely an inventory thing. I think it's a good idea personally and encourages people to play lots of jobs. Example being that when you decide to level a new job from 0-99 in a week, at least you have 5 solid peices of armor waiting at 99. I know some people think it's fun to go get all the new armor for a job, but there are times nowadays where someone is forced to level a job just for an event that their LS starts doing (such as SMN and SCH pre-nerf and maybe now) and it's nice that there's not a huge amount of work to be done if you already had a BLM or WHM geared.
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Nothing wrong with good 3 class armor so long as there is good in between pieces that cater to individual jobs.

Example. Everything new for mages is useless to well geared RDMs. Absolutely nothing good. But you give us a couple of transitional pieces and we shut up. See Morrigan's +1 for why our nuking and WS sets are fine. The only thing we are lacking is good TP pieces.

Same thing with healing magic. We don't have a healing magic set as part of AF or a specific gear set, but we have access to what we need and then some.

SE needs to keep making pieces that are specifically good for very specific jobs to keep people interested in what their job has for them, but by no means do they need to slow down good 3 class armor. It takes care of about 75% of our gear and gives it to everyone in a fair manner. All the heavy's have access to the same base heavy gear, light for light, mage for mage.

The only big exception is pet jobs. There is no pet job armor so every pet job has to sift through gear to find things that are actually relevant to their job.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!