Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Prrsha
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 67
    This is nothing compared to the congestion that happened when ToAU came out. Took a week for them to get everything right. A single day is nothing new when it comes to an expansion.

Still... it is annoying.

There is no need for a petition or anything like that. Give it a day and it will pass. You will look back at this and hardly remember it. I hardly do with the other expansions. If you want something to complain about, there are more pressing matters like balance and gameplay that need addressing or are more petition worthy.
    (1)
    Last edited by Prrsha; 03-28-2013 at 06:55 AM.
    Fissssh! It's what's for dinner! :9

Prrroud founder of MithraPride on Phoenix 2004.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Anyway. Two words for people. Manual Update.

I'm not sayin'... I'm just sayin'...
    If you're one of those people struggling just to get it to check the version, it doesn't help much.
    (0)

Character
    Senger
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanz View Post
    Dear SE,
    Please invest some time into better planning and customer support.
    We really shouldn't have to wait 6+ hours to start the download process for something we are paying for.

Considering that there are Free to play games out there with much better service support, this is something you really need to look into.

You knew the date you were releasing this update. You could have taken many actions to avoid the inconvenience currently being experienced by your player base, your fans, your paying customers.

You either chose not to, which says you don't care.
    Did not foresee these problems, despite 10 years of experience with the very same title, the same player base, and the same repetitive problems.

Either way, I don't think there's an excuse in 2013 for such service.
    You have to understand the congestion and the fact that XI getting a new expansion and this will be bringing back a lot of old players to come try the game again. With that said you also have the servers in Japan and all the people around the world who bought the game is trying to download it at the same time. Way more leechers and only their servers are seeding. As you have said it has always been slow don't expect to even be able to play the game on the first day maybe even second while their is so much stress on the servers etc.
    (1)

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They can have anyone mirror the patch for a day. SE's full of it. Like others have said, they have been giving us the same lines and excuses for 10 years. Have Amazon host the patch for a day. It took me about 1 minute to download the expansion. That's service.
    (6)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Character
    Kallika
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    so why pre-preorder a digital download if you have to wait just as long as everyone else to play the content or download it?
    (0)

Character
    Ratixfarence
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This happens on most game servers during an expansion update. I'm not surprised about this at all. Keep trying everyone.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post

Loophole / Exploit =/= Fix.

A fix would remedy the problem for everyone instantaneously,.
    Sounds like you've never changed a tire before. It's not gonna come served on a silver plate - or be "instantaneous" - but it's still a fix. Being 'instantaneous and for everyone' is not implied with any sort of fix. Whatever gets you down the road in my books!

I understand what you're saying, but the alternative is to wait 7 hours of constant hand holding in the download screen - it's ridiculous.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Jongalt
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Please change the update system in the game to the FF14 or even World of Warcraft styled updater. Be efficient on network resources and keep customers happy.
    (2)

Character
    Prrsha
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 67
    It's the old PlayOnline viewer that holds everything back... it is over 10 years old. It has worked the same way it has always worked. I don't see anything changing until they do away with PlayOnline, which they are gradually doing but at a very slow rate. Keep in mind, this game was meant to run on PS2, Xbox and PCs. World of Warcraft runs on the PC and FFXIV on the PS3/PC.

I don't know if PlayOnline is needed for the game to work on PS2s or not. If this is the case, then this would be their reasoning in being slow to update their interface.

Also this game was meant to run on a 56k modem... and update on one too.

10 years is a long time and I can't even imagine what the source code for FFXI looks. Maybe like some sort of spaghetti dinner held together by duct tape. At least the servers have been updated over time.

I think the problem is less with SE's service (at least this time) and more with the merger of old technology with new. To SE's credit, they have kept it running for this long, which is more then I can say for software that is 10 years past its prime. They amaze me by still doing so much with so little.
    (3)
    Last edited by Prrsha; 03-28-2013 at 08:03 AM.
    Fissssh! It's what's for dinner! :9

Prrroud founder of MithraPride on Phoenix 2004.

Character
    Vaudrabaud
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ok is anyone else on xbox hell waiting?? I started like 8:30 AM EST, now its 7:00 PM and it says files remaining 335/3388 time remaining 01:14 and up and down on the seconds.. DO i hit cancel? because it hasn't moved since my last marriage. This is freaking crazy that we have to put up with this nonsense, and why do you give ffxiv a new update at the same time?? anyone else on xbox waiting this long or what??
    (0)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast